Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameSpot somewhat more critical of Bloodlines

taks

Liturgist
i never said it should be dismissed. i just said it was whining.

generally speaking, when you complain directly about somebody, ala ad-hominem attack, you're whining. argue the point he makes and move on. big deal if he posts in character. do you lose sleep over it? if so, chill, if not, then what difference does it make?

that's my point. i personally find it kinda funny to see some people bicker, but that's just my opinion. :)

taks

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Volourn: That was your worst attempt at trolling. Ever."

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Coming from the person was trolling in this thread; that's hilarious! Hahahahahaahahahhahahahahaahahhahahahahaahhaha.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Volourn said:
Jinxed seems to be polluted by Exitium. Grom doesn't really change his posting style whether he's 'winninG" or "loising' an 'argument. Face it, Exitium is Grom's bitch AND he LOVES it.

R00fles!

At the end of all the marathons I've seen each post was about reffering to some other made previously because you didn't understand what he said. Over and over and over again. While this can be used when normal people hold a discussion, with Gromnir it's a different story. While people here say that Gromnirs "in character" posting is fairly easy to understand, I would like them to undergo that treatment and I wonder if they'll be saying the same thing after being told 10 times to re read what he wrote.

I never talked to Exitium about Gromnir.

What I'm trying to say is that there is no point in trying to reason with G. I've seen really good people give up on it simply because after a long time his posting style irritated them boyond iriitation. It's like a chess game or poker game, if you manage to make people loose their cool you've won and that's basically what he does.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Why do you care if I post my disdain for his posting style? Aren't you the one who is whining now, taks? You seem to be making a huge deal out of it.

I don't like his posting style because it is stupid and serves only to irritate. I don't see how difficult that is to grasp.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
You certainly seem to be. Your words betray you.

I've been reading what Gromnir writes for a time now. You'd do well to assume less often, it might make you much more tolerable. And less of an ass. Not that you'd care as you seem to be content in following that trend.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I can't comprehend how you manage to accept Gromnir's style of typing. What manner of evil has possessed you this day?

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Well now you conveniently change what you were saying before, huh Exitium. You were claiming Gromnir to be a lack-wit because of his posting style. You were saying to ignore him because he was unintelligent. Now you are trying to say that you were only criticizing his typing style.

I admit his writing style can be annoying, and I'm not entirely certain why he feels the need to type "in character", but I do know that there is no need for insulting people's intelligence simply because of their writing style (which is what you were claiming earlier).

Exitium you might do well to listen to some of the advice that's been given. You do seem to assume things and come to unfounded conclusions all too often. People might refer to that as your arrogant gene, but I swear it's more than that. It really does seem like you've got this teen angst type syndrome or something. Why can't you take things a little less personal and accept that others have opinons that differ from your own.

Anyway that was my sermon for the day, at least I don't think I have another one stored up at the moment :D.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
dojoteef said:
Well now you conveniently change what you were saying before, huh Exitium. You were claiming Gromnir to be a lack-wit because of his posting style. You were saying to ignore him because he was unintelligent. Now you are trying to say that you were only criticizing his typing style.

I admit his writing style can be annoying, and I'm not entirely certain why he feels the need to type "in character", but I do know that there is no need for insulting people's intelligence simply because of their writing style (which is what you were claiming earlier).

Exitium you might do well to listen to some of the advice that's been given. You do seem to assume things and come to unfounded conclusions all too often. People might refer to that as your arrogant gene, but I swear it's more than that. It really does seem like you've got this teen angst type syndrome or something. Why can't you take things a little less personal and accept that others have opinons that differ from your own.

Anyway that was my sermon for the day, at least I don't think I have another one stored up at the moment :D.

You are a lowly peasant beneath my attention span. Recant and kiss my feet, and thy passage through this land of mine will be... without further incident. [/exitium]

taks

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Why do you care if I post my disdain for his posting style? Aren't you the one who is whining now, taks? You seem to be making a huge deal out of it.
uh, no, i'm not and i really wasn't directing my comment solely at you. i never said you couldn't whine about it nor did i complain, i merely pointed out that complaining about somebody's style is whining. period. truth be told, the others in on the whine are worse about it than you are...

I don't like his posting style because it is stupid and serves only to irritate. I don't see how difficult that is to grasp.
you said it shows a lack of intellect, which is disingenuous (remember that word?). i pointed out it actually shows the contrary.

try reading half of the rest of the peanut gallery's posts. at the very least, gromnir's style has intentional grammatical errors.

taks

taks

Liturgist
btw, back on topic...

i'm leaning towards a BL purchase. at least, there are things that give me the impression they've cleaned up their collective acts over at troika and did a decent job with this one. i'm still waiting to see if they have any support planned as i've heard there are a few noticeable bugs (one game-stopper). right now, however, i have snow at breckenridge on my mind so there won't be any immediate purchases :)

taks

Sol Invictus

Erudite

Some of you people are unbelievably stupid. There is not just one reason to ignore Gromnir, there are many. I did not 'conveniently change' what I was saying before, you simpleminded fop. I was merely posing a different reason. Everyone should ignore him because he is unintelligent, and his typing style is simply further proof of it. Where did I ever say I was 'only criticizing his typing style'? Do you have a reading disability of some sort?

You know that there is no need to insult people's intelligence because of their writing style? Save your political correctness for somebody who cares. His writing style is annoying and as I said before, pointless. I do not know why anyone should have to pander to that sort of behaviour as it only serves to irritate and not to entertain. All the same, it's like allowing people to run around naked and scream profanities on the streets and talk about how it is their right, and how it would be wrong for us to judge them for their actions, and that they're not stupid, just different. Do I seem like someone who cares about the 'differences' other people exhibit? Unless you've taken leave of your senses, you would find it offensive too.

Exitium you might do well to listen to some of the advice that's been given. You do seem to assume things and come to unfounded conclusions all too often.
Such as? My calling him stupid is partly an expression of how I feel about him as well as an observation of his behaviour. If you're going to take everything I say literally I would urge you to stop speaking the English language because most of what anyone says should never be taken literally though I stand by my argument that his stupidity is evident in his typing style, as is his wanting to troll and annoy. We're not speaking German here.

People might refer to that as your arrogant gene, but I swear it's more than that. It really does seem like you've got this teen angst type syndrome or something.
I do not think I could interpret this as anything other than a blatant ad hominem attack against my character. One would have to be blind and stupid to take it any other way.

Why can't you take things a little less personal and accept that others have opinons that differ from your own.
Are you saying I have no right to an opinion of my own, now?

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Exitium said:
People might refer to that as your arrogant gene, but I swear it's more than that. It really does seem like you've got this teen angst type syndrome or something.
I do not think I could interpret this as anything other than a blatant ad hominem attack against my character. One would have to be blind and stupid to take it any other way.

I was going to take the time to refute your arguments, but I find it to be pointless. You are extremely egotistical and I feel sorry for you because life will most assuredly take you down a peg sooner or later. As for the ad hominem attacks, I find it to be extremely pharisaical of you to attack him and now me in such a manner yet call fowl on me for actually trying to give you some much needed advice.

I never said that you needed to be ignored or that you were stupid. That would have constituted an ad hominem attack. For example, you demeaning my character by calling me a "simpleminded fop". Not every derogatory mention of a person's actions is to be considered as such, only if it is used in order to belittle their argument, which I was not doing, while you did with both Gromnir and myself. Learn the meanings of the words you use before you use them, mkthx.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I still don't get it. Why do you all defend him? Seems to me like you've taken a liking to him like a father would love his blind, retarded child. Gromnir's opinions may be valid with you, but they are invalid to the Codex.

You would do well to examine some of the things he's said about the Codex and it's patrons on the Obsidian forums.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I have, and most of it's true. Stop crying 'cause he hurt your feelings, you stupid fanboy.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
I still don't get it. Why do you all defend him?

Lol. You're dangerously close to becoming the poster child of the word you claim to have created if you still think this is about defending him.

Gromnir's opinions may be valid with you, but they are invalid to the Codex.

Aren't you special. Guess what, I don't care what is valid to you. More than likely, others don't as well. It comes down to what you asked yourself back there - "are you saying I have no right to an opinion of my own, now?". According to your statements in the past, every reader of the Codex has a right to their opinion, wheter you or anyone else likes it or not. If you want to disregard what others have to say, fine with me, but keep it to yourself instead of acting like a drama queen, insulting someone's intelligence with nothing but your arrogance to show as proof, and egging others to not listen to someone because he doesn't type the same kind of pretentious waffle you do.

You would do well to examine some of the things he's said about the Codex and it's patrons on the Obsidian forums.

Good thinking, that totally makes your case. Or does it?

So, let me borrow your logic there for a minute and ask if it's alright for us to examine some of the things you've said yourself about some of the Codex's regulars' attitudes and one specific patron - Vault Dweller - in the past, namely in matters ranging from Troika bias to attacks against people in the gaming industry? Do we get to apply the same treatment to you and tell others to ignore you as well, or is this a usual double standard and your own logic doesn't apply to you because it's not convenient? Or is this, amusingly, "just another reason and not the only one" to pile on him?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Who cares, I'm not talking about VD or anybody else. I'm talking about Gromnir. Nice to see you're still defending him.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Lol, that's probably the best indication thus far you're being a pissant troll with a weak ass argument. Good job, it just validated my entire attitude towards your dumbfuckery. Have fun with it, I know I just had mine.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Dumbfuckery isn't a word, I fear. It's a pity your attitude towards me is unfounded. If only you knew the character you defended... if only...

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Volourn said:
I have, and most of it's true. Stop crying 'cause he hurt your feelings, you stupid fanboy.

Bravo Volourn, how succinct of you. If only Exitium could understand.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
dojoteef said:
If only Exitium could understand.

Who cares anymore? Just scrap Ex off your shoe and move on. He's probably on another of his juvenile power trips because some nearsighted crack whore told him his penis was too big or something like that. I'm surprised he hasn't banned me or changed my rank just to show how good he is pressing buttons and shit.

tnanh

Novice
Hi,
I'm really looking forward to buying Bloodlines, but I have 1 question :

Does it have long load time between map like in HL2 ? (Providing they use the same engine)

I have HL2 and the loading time is about 45s between maps. It's not a real big problem in a linear game but this would be unbearable for an RPG IMO.
Thx.
And sorry for being off-topic.

Mendoza

Liturgist
tnanh said:
Hi,
I'm really looking forward to buying Bloodlines, but I have 1 question :

Does it have long load time between map like in HL2 ? (Providing they use the same engine)

I have HL2 and the loading time is about 45s between maps. It's not a real big problem in a linear game but this would be unbearable for an RPG IMO.
Thx.
And sorry for being off-topic.

If it's taking that long in Half Life 2, hubs will probably take longer in Bloodlines, buildings and missions slightly less. It's fine for the story mssions, since you're in one area doing lots of stuff. But in hubs it's a pain with all the to-ing and fro-ing you do from place to place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom