Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameSpot somewhat more critical of Bloodlines

errorcode

Liturgist
that you use your posting style as a litmus test for judgemental behavior?

Spazmo

Erudite
Actually, Gromnir, I'm not really entirely sure what your initial point was anyways. That the user reviews aren't indicative of the quality or popularity of the game? Well, okay. Or was it that we're suddenly considering public opinion when we usually discard their approval of lame BioWare titles like NWN or KOTOR? Well, I can't speak for Rex (and love when people assume that he does for me), but I'm generally enjoying Bloodlines regardless of what anyone else might think.

taks

Liturgist
Whipporowill said:
Jesus Volourn, it's not like there's this secret Troika Fanboy HQ that tells everyone to go post insanely high scores on Gamespot? TEH KONSPIRACIII!
yes, actually, there is... i knew one of the conspirators, once... it was pretty bad. he kept mumbling about cia, nsa, nro and fbi cover-ups, too. i think the mi-6 abductded him eventually. to keep him quiet.
taks

Sol Invictus

Erudite
If he truly believed me insane he wouldn't be making a jest of it. It would seem that no scenario is too farcical for Gromnir to present. Do not concern yourselves with his words, filled with folly. Gromnir is a fool of the highest order. His words and mannerisms of speech betray any shred of intelligence he may have once possessed.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
What does he plan to accomplish by playing the fool? It's not as if he's vying for ascendency to some unnamed throne. There's nothing to be won, but respect. Respect isn't earned through foolishness.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Little do you know that from his basement laboratory, Gromnir is plotting the ultimate scheme for world domination. But we sit here unawares because we think him the fool.

Ha! Good fun! ;)

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
Gromnir is a fool of the highest order. His words and mannerisms of speech betray any shred of intelligence he may have once possessed.

As opposed to those that never had it but try to hide it with badly forced english to try and convey high levels of intelligence and wisdom at all costs, thus looking like more of an idiot Gromnir ever did?

AlanC9

Liturgist
Just thought I'd mention that the average Gamespot reader score has now dropped to 8.8. Still better than the review, but getting closer.

Gromnir

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
Actually, Gromnir, I'm not really entirely sure what your initial point was anyways. That the user reviews aren't indicative of the quality or popularity of the game? Well, okay. Or was it that we're suddenly considering public opinion when we usually discard their approval of lame BioWare titles like NWN or KOTOR? Well, I can't speak for Rex (and love when people assume that he does for me), but I'm generally enjoying Bloodlines regardless of what anyone else might think.

What were our point? go back to our first post in this thread if you is so confused… were kinda obvious then as it still should be. folks like spaz and exit deride public opinion… then they post crap like, “Exitium's Update: Check out the Community Lowdown score for Bloodlines. It reads: 9.4 from over 200 votes and 2 reader reviews. That's where the real score is at, baby.” most amusing. furthermore, we pointed out that even if you ignore spaz and exit hypocrisy, their faith in the gamespot numbers is misplaced as those numbers is clearly suspect. Nearly 200 votes were made previous to release of game to stores, and a majority of such votes is perfect scores. clearly it is folly to put any real faith in such numbers. so, if you really needs a review, our point is two-fold: some folks here is hypocrites for suddenly deciding that the reader reviews and public opinions is of value when they has so often condemned the stupidity of public opinions in the past… which makes our second point all the more humorous… ‘cause only an idiot would attribute any significance to the gamespot consumer ratings given the abnormalities surrounding the scores.

And as to exit…

“If he truly believed me insane he wouldn't be making a jest of it. It would seem that no scenario is too farcical for Gromnir to present.”

odd. we not recall ever having claimed that you were insane… though a number of folks suggested as much ‘bout Gromnir and you not seem bothered in the least.

“His words and mannerisms of speech betray any shred of intelligence he may have once possessed.”

anybody wanna point out to exit the number of reasons why the sentence above not work? no?

HA!

*shrug*

regardless, we take exit criticisms ‘bout our intellect and wisdom very serious… almost as serious as if ron artest had made such criticisms.

HA! Good Fun!

Thydron

Liturgist
Quick question about the game - has anyone encountered the quest about destroying a gargolye that was shown in one of the preview videos?
I'm pretty sure im near the end of the game and i was wondering if i just missed it or if it was taken out.

errorcode

Liturgist
Thydron said:
Quick question about the game - has anyone encountered the quest about destroying a gargolye that was shown in one of the preview videos?
I'm pretty sure im near the end of the game and i was wondering if i just missed it or if it was taken out.
i did it. It's still in the game and really enjoyable.

Spoiler

It's in hollywood. It's in the locked Chinese Theater. You can get the quest and the key from Isaacs, the baron of Hollywood. Good luck.

Jinxed

Liturgist
I'm really enjoying this game. I haven't been playing so much on my computer for months.

To cut a long story short, the good apsects outweight the bad ones. I really, really hope I see an expansion, or a followup of another sort.

To anyone who doesn't want to play the game for some reason - You are missing out on a lot of fun. This game is just a lot of fun, it doesn't matter what you like, you will find it in Bloodlines.

suibhne

Erudite
errorcode said:
You can get the quest and the key from Isaacs, the baron of Hollywood. Good luck.

How? He still hasn't figured out that I solved the King's Way Mansion quest.

Stupid NPC scripting.

Jinxed

Liturgist
suibhne said:
How? He still hasn't figured out that I solved the King's Way Mansion quest.

Stupid NPC scripting.

You need to talk to him about other stuff and he'll mention he needs help with something else. Kinda of weird but it can be done. I think you can also get this quest from the tremere tower in downtown. When I completed it, I went there to check out if anything's new and there was a dialog option with the tremere bald fellow pertaining this quest like I talked to him about it before. (which I didn't)

Word of advice: when you feel that the end of the game is near, stock up with cash and all the weapons you can. Might save you from getting screwed over like I did. I'm at the very end without any means of completing it. I'm restarting... Though I might find some weapon caches later on, I just don't feel like running around like a scared little girl till I get there.

Spazmo

Erudite
Yeah, just to amend to Jinxed's statement: make sure you're carrying at least a pistol with a few bullets. You WILL absolutely need it for a puzzle (unless I'm missing another solution and I hope I am; see below). Forcing you to carry a gun--even if you might be a melee character--is pretty lame.

Spoiler text tinyfied.

I'm talking about the sequence in the Mandarin's lab in Chinatown. To get past the spinning blades room, you have to shoot out the three power boxes behind the cages to stop the blade devices. If you haven't got a gun, I have no idea how to get past that. If anyone's found a different way, please, say so. Later rooms also definitely require guns (the electric room and the flamethrower room), but the room after the blade room will provide the player with ample shotgun ammunition.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Role-Player said:
As opposed to those that never had it but try to hide it with badly forced english to try and convey high levels of intelligence and wisdom at all costs, thus looking like more of an idiot Gromnir ever did?
What do you have against me, stillmind, that you mock me with your words and behave as if you have the right of way by defending Gromnir against the surge of accusations that befall him?

Have I not treated you fairly in the past? You owe me a lot more than the insults you just laid bare upon my feet, Role Player.

Dickhead.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
What do you have against me, stillmind

We already know you learned what stillmind means, no need to repeat it ad neauseum. Kthnxbye.

that you mock me with your words and behave as if you have the right of way by defending Gromnir against the surge of accusations that befall him?

I have against you what I'd have against anyone who'd act like a dolt. That you assume I'm defending Gromnir is even funnier after you accused someone's intelligence. If yours is still there, you may want to take note of the fact that I didn't defended him. My "argument", if you will, is that I can't stand your self-righteous indignation against how Gromnir writes, trying to suggest it denotes lack of intelligence. To which I presented you as an example of someone who writes intelligently (or tries to), but often makes some silly arguments. You even suggest he should be ignored because of it. Suggesting that is in terribly bad form, specially considering his arguments are generally more consistent than those you make, or try to.

Have I not treated you fairly in the past?

Mayest thou speakest anymorest liketh a pompous ass? What next, a duel to the death with virtual flintlocks? Oh, my heart weepest so.

You owe me a lot more than the insults you just laid bare upon my feet, Role Player.

I don't owe you anything. Or do you plan to suggest that agreeing with something you said in the past or siding with me on some argument means I can't criticize you, or that I'm somehow in your debt for it? If that's the case, please leave that fake pedestal you placed yourself on and grow up.

Dickhead.

You've certainly pwned me now.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
stillmind
I created the word. It's here to stay. It describes what you are.

I think it's rather sad that you choose to defend Gromnir, yet accuse me (and everyone else) of being a 'dolt'. Is Gromnir not a dolt or are you selective in your perception of reality? His writing does, in fact (and most will agree) denotes some form of serious demention, if not an utter lack of intellect.

Please feel free to tell me if this is a silly argument.

Most will agree that you are being a dickhead to me for no particular reason right now, Role Player. I can thoroughly understand if Ortchel, Vault Dweller, Jed or anyone else I've 'crossed words' with decides to take up arms against me in support for Gromnir though it would most certainly be uncharacteristic of them to support the imbecile, and as such would certainly not do them any favors.

What of you? You have no point to argue in his favor, if not to 'be different' than everyone else by supporting an obviously flawed cause. I would beseech you to desist lest you look like an ass. You do yourself little grace by playing the devil's advocate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom