Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameSpot somewhat more critical of Bloodlines

Sol Invictus

Erudite
So you're saying everybody hates the game, except for Troika fanboys, who make up the bulk of people who like the game.

What a fucking incredulous proposition.

Whipporowill

Erudite
Jesus Volourn, it's not like there's this secret Troika Fanboy HQ that tells everyone to go post insanely high scores on Gamespot? TEH KONSPIRACIII!

Just compare to what kind of rating most games get. All studios have fanboys, it's a fact.

edit: It's pretty weird that the user reviews are down to 10 again. That voting amount has fluctuated between 0 and 550, and between 1 and 22 reviews. Database fark-up?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Jesus Volourn, it's not like there's this secret Troika Fanboy HQ that tells everyone to go post insanely high scores on Gamespot? TEH KONSPIRACIII!

Just compare to what kind of rating most games get. All studios have fanboys, it's a fact."

All I'm saying to say that Troika doens't have the number of fanboys to cover 20 written reviews or 1k numerical reviews is silly. I'm not saying that every single one of them are by fanboys. That would also be silly. However, the potential is there that's all i'm pointing out.

Do people even read here? Afterall, I have written quite clearly (espicially for me) that BL seems to have been favorbaly accepted by most gamers. Geez.. Bunch of over protective crybaby fanboys on this site. Even when one is trying to be positive about Troika people cry.

R00fles!

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Volourn said:
I'm sure Troika can at least scoop up that many.

You need to learn to read your own posts, Vol. That line alone makes it sound like you're saying there IS a conspiracy theory. Sheesh. Bash bash bash back and forth bash bash bash. Fuck this shit. It's a good game. People like it. Troika has fanboys. And somewhere a baby was born.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Volourn said:
I'm sure Troika can at least scoop up that many.

You need to learn to read your own posts, Vol. That line alone makes it sound like you're saying there IS a conspiracy theory. Sheesh. Bash bash bash back and forth bash bash bash. Fuck this shit. It's a good game. People like it. Troika has fanboys. And somewhere a baby was born.

Silly goose. That is trolling, and Volourn will get you for it R0ffles!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Silly goose. That is trolling, and Volourn will get you for it R0ffles!"

No, it isn't. He has the right to misread my posts.

"You need to learn to read your own posts, Vol. That line alone makes it sound like you're saying there IS a conspiracy theory. Sheesh. Bash bash bash back and forth bash bash bash. Fuck this shit. It's a good game. People like it. Troika has fanboys. And somewhere a baby was born."

The fact that you guys actually think Im anti Bl or anti Troika is THE conpiracy theory. Nowhere in that line does it even suggest that i think that's what troika did. Heck, one can point out the various user reveiws for BIO games and say hey 200 people wrote a review on them and say BIO could have got their fanboys to write them all. That is posisble afterall BIo surely cans crounge up 200 fanboys if they bothered to do so. that doesn't mean they would. I was just pointing out to the eprson who said that Troika doesn't have 22 fanboys is silly. of course they have 22 fanboys. 19.5 of them post here! :D

"It's a good game. People like it."

Eh. Tell me where I said otherwise.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
The last part of my post was aimed at everyone in general, Vol. Not just you. It seems like even when a game comes out everyone can agree on, there's still hostilities flung around about it. It saddens me to no end and brings a tear to my eye.

Can't we all just get along? :cry: :P

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"The last part of my post was aimed at everyone in general, Vol. Not just you. It seems like even when a game comes out everyone can agree on, there's still hostilities flung around about it. It saddens me to no end and brings a tear to my eye."

Well. That's because even the most well liked games have their detractors. Look at Diablo, BG2, and a host of others. What I find hilarious here; is various people are crying because they think I hate BL 9without even playiung it at that!) and am attacking it which is sof ar from the case it's just plain silly.

Geez.. I plan to buy the game and I might even move my purchase up to beginning of December because of what I've heard and the game I was planning on purchase I rented and it wasn't as good as I thought it be. <>.

That is all. For now.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
You might want to stay off the forums until you've played the game, or Saint will most assuredly spoil it for you! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
A baby being born is trolling? :shock:

My world view has suddenly changed. :(

Volourniaview has that effect on people. Ever since he reached out to me, I can't even fart in his general direction without fear of it being called trolling.

Gromnir

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
I don't think Gromnir actually has opinions on things. Rather, it seems he defines himself by taking the opinions of others, reversing them and then arguing them in his bizarre pirate chatter.

yup, Gromnir not have no opinions... that must be it.

HA!

is any number of Gromnir reviews for various games. in fact, we cannot think of a game we has played all the way through during past 5 years for which we has not posted an extensive review... freedom force, baldur's gate and all its expansions, kotor, planescape, iwd, warcraft 3, battlezone, crimson skies, mechwarrior 4, and quite a few others... but some of you codex folks not get out much.

*shrug*

we not purchased vampire... and so far we ain't read a review that would make us want to. may have to wait for a review.

in any event, we love when spaz makes comments like the one we quote above... makes it so much easier to dismiss him. put him in same category with exit.

HA! Good Fun!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Otaku_Hanzo said:
People who refer to themselves as we need to play Bloodlines just so they can meet Jeanette and Teresa. :P

He's got a borg fetish. That's why he likes to put coax cable in his various orifaces.

Fez

Erudite
Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. I'm taping a laser pointer to the side of my head right now. I'm sure I'll look so cool and everyone will fawn over me.

Gromnir

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Gromnir lacks a sense of humor. Don't mind him, people.

we got a great sense o' humor. is why we keep reading stuff at codex... tickles our funny bone. heck, we find the way you retreat to such feeble excuses as "it was all a joke" type stuff very funny indeed.

HA! Good Fun!

Transcendent One

Liturgist
Do they actually treat schizophrenia these days? Cause someone really needs to tell Gromnir if they do. Even though he has a good point.. it's hard to take his argument seriously. Lolz.

Gromnir

Liturgist
Transcendent One said:
Do they actually treat schizophrenia these days? Cause someone really needs to tell Gromnir if they do. Even though he has a good point.. it's hard to take his argument seriously. Lolz.

when we were working as a pd, quite a few clients of ours were diagnosed schizophrenic. schizo is a relatively common variety o' psychosis and as such is most often treated with your typical range o' anti-psychotic meds. personal therapy, diet adjustments, and even ect may also be used in addition to meds.

btw, many uneducated folks seems to confuse schizo with mpd. is two very different things... 'course neither would apply to Gromnir behavior. it is worth noting that garden variety bipolar folks (particularly children,) is often misdiagnosed as schizo... so if dr. tells exit that he is schizo, we would recommend getting a second or third opinion... just to be safe. vd, on the other hand, from what we has seen is just run of the mill stupid.

the fact that you wanna dismiss what you know to be a good point is precisely why we post as we do. once you figure that out you will realize that your admission is far more a criticism of yourself than it is of Gromnir.

wow… some of you kids actually learned something today.

HA! Good Fun!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom