Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review GameSpot somewhat more critical of Bloodlines

keeks

Novice
Dunno where I should post this so I'll just put it here.

There's a review of Bloodlines up at Eurogamer that pretty much echoes my own thoughts about the game.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Most will agree that you are being a dickhead to me for no particular reason right now, Role Player."

Roleplayer is being a 'dick' to you because youa re a moronic fanboy who needs to be put in his place. kthnxbye.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
stillmind
I created the word. It's here to stay. It describes what you are.

Apparently, it fits you as well.

I think it's rather sad that you choose to defend Gromnir, yet accuse me (and everyone else) of being a 'dolt'.

If you want to be a drama queen do so at your own leisure, but it isn't helping your case. Anyone that's not a stillmind, as you so pretenciously put it, will see I didn't accuse 'everyone else'. That you conveniently jump over what I said only makes you that much more of a joke.

Is Gromnir not a dolt or are you selective in your perception of reality? His writing does, in fact (and most will agree) denotes some form of serious demention, if not an utter lack of intellect.

Nice going, attempting to go with the usual appeal to popularity fallacy, but like your pretentious waffle back there, it's not helping. You'd have the case if your suggestion was actually verifiable (a lack of intelligence), but all you do is sit around and tell others to ignore him because of the way he writes. That's not proof of his intelligence, it's proof of your stupidity.

Please feel free to tell me if this is a silly argument.

I already did.

Most will agree that you are being a dickhead to me for no particular reason right now, Role Player.

Most don't give a fuck about me or you. Yeah, truth hurts.

I can thoroughly understand if Ortchel, Vault Dweller, Jed or anyone else I've 'crossed words' with decides to take up arms against me in support for Gromnir though it would most certainly be uncharacteristic of them to support the imbecile, and as such would certainly not do them any favors.

Scary.

What of you? You have no point to argue in his favor, if not to 'be different' than everyone else by supporting an obviously flawed cause.

If I'd wanted to be different, I'd dress like a 2 cent hooker and change my name to Rita.

I would beseech you to desist lest you look like an ass.

Look like an ass? I'm not the one who's trying to tell others to ignore someone because of the way they write while conveniently ignoring the points being made by thta person.

You do yourself little grace by playing the devil's advocate.

As long as I manage to point out the arrogance and dumbfuckery in your argument, as I've been doing, I don't care if I'm giving myself little grace or not. It's what I think of the situation, deal with it. I don't give a damn if it's not a popular mindset, either.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
I agree with Role-Player on this one. The fact that Gromnir actually takes the time to type in that fashion has got to mean he has at least some perseverance and maybe even some talent to boot. I couldn't write that fucked up if I had to, no offense Gromnir. There is nothing indicative of his writing style that points to him being an idiot. So type and let type :). No need to go belittling others simply because they aren't cookie-cutter copies of you.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Well then you probably didn't see how he uses that style as a mere smoke screen if losing an argument. This thing is on par with writing leet speak with a few LOLZ1 in between.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Nice going, attempting to go with the usual appeal to popularity fallacy, but like your pretentious waffle back there, it's not helping. You'd have the case if your suggestion was actually verifiable (a lack of intelligence), but all you do is sit around and tell others to ignore him because of the way he writes. That's not proof of his intelligence, it's proof of your stupidity.
I'm stupid because I choose to ignore Gromnir and urge o thers to do so as well? How amusing. Feel free to pay credence to his ridiculous opinions. I'll be sure to have no part of it. As I've known him since my days at the BIS boards, I'll continue to regard him as I did then without having to listen to your nonsense about how his opinions are due respect. You know nothing of him, whereas I do. You are ignorant, and foolish at that.

I already did.
Would you like a cookie?

Most don't give a fuck about me or you. Yeah, truth hurts.
The truth neither hurts nor heals, you addle-brained fool. Only an idiot like you would pay heed to the absurd notion that the truth 'hurts'. To note, answering your questions in a rhetorical fashion make for poor debate, considering the participants consist only of you, and no one else.

If I'd wanted to be different, I'd dress like a 2 cent hooker and change my name to Rita.
Do that, then. You would prove a physical manifestation of your inherent mental state. We'd have no difficulty mistaking you for who you are.

As long as I manage to point out the arrogance and dumbfuckery in your argument, as I've been doing, I don't care if I'm giving myself little grace or not. It's what I think of the situation, deal with it. I don't give a damn if it's not a popular mindset, either.
How edgy. You've proven yourself quite a rebel, Role Player. Bravo.

I wonder if you'll insist on us giving Visceris respect, as well.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
I'm stupid because I choose to ignore Gromnir and urge o thers to do so as well? How amusing.

It is, but you probably don't know why that's amusing.

Feel free to pay credence to his ridiculous opinions. I'll be sure to have no part of it. As I've known him since my days at the BIS boards, I'll continue to regard him as I did then without having to listen to your nonsense about how his opinions are due respect.

Do what you will. His opinions deserve as much respect as the next person's opinions. That's your problem you see, thinking I'm elevating his opinions to some sort of higher status when what I'm saying is that his are no less valid than anyone else's - including yours - because of the mannerism they're conveyed in.

You know nothing of him, whereas I do. You are ignorant, and foolish at that.

Ouch. My feelings!

Would you like a cookie?

Would you like a witty retort that's not frickin' outdated? You seem to need some to add to your library.

The truth neither hurts nor heals, you addle-brained fool.

And it doesn't register in your brain either, it seems.

Only an idiot like you would pay heed to the absurd notion that the truth 'hurts'.

At least I know I'm an idiot. You seem to have some problem coming to terms with that condition yourself, though.

To note, answering your questions in a rhetorical fashion make for poor debate, considering the participants consist only of you, and no one else.

So, you consider yourself to be no one? Thanks for sharing.

Do that, then. You would prove a physical manifestation of your inherent mental state. We'd have no difficulty mistaking you for who you are.

As opposed to being shown what you are from the get go?

How edgy. You've proven yourself quite a rebel, Role Player. Bravo.

No more of a rebel than anyone with a shred of clarity.

I wonder if you'll insist on us giving Visceris respect, as well.

No, but then again, I wouldn't insist on people to give respect to you either. For obvious reasons.

taks

Liturgist
Exitium said:
stillmind
His writing does, in fact (and most will agree) denotes some form of serious demention, if not an utter lack of intellect.

Please feel free to tell me if this is a silly argument.
actually, his writing style indicates the opposite of what you think... it takes more than just a common mind to consistently post "in character," particularly a character lacking in english skills. the fact that "most will agree" he suffers from dementia around here is hardly convincing evidence... :)

taks

Jinxed

Liturgist
taks said:
actually, his writing style indicates the opposite of what you think... it takes more than just a common mind to consistently post "in character," particularly a character lacking in english skills. the fact that "most will agree" he suffers from dementia around here is hardly convincing evidence... :)

taks

At the same time forcing others to decipher the code. Hell, I think most people ignore 90% of what he writes.A lot of the points he makes don't make sense after being x-rayed yet he continues to rain down with his imaginary mental power. Kinda reminds me of those insane folks that bang their head against a wall till it cracks.

suibhne

Erudite
Role-Player said:
Deciphering the code? It's not like he's not posting in backwards Navajo intertwinded with binary and latin.

On the other hand, it's a lot less meaningful than anything warranting a code like that.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Role-Player said:
Deciphering the code? It's not like he's not posting in backwards Navajo intertwinded with binary and latin.

You haven't seen much yet. After getting into a 3 day argument with him like some people I've seen had the misfortune to take part in you'll do about anything to fucking let go.

Having to digest counter arguments from this fellow after 20 posts that basically say the same thing in different colors probably feels worse than eating a turd. It's all a really simple method of getting your way.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Jinxed said:
You haven't seen much yet. After getting into a 3 day argument with him like some people I've seen had the misfortune to take part in you'll do about anything to fucking let go.

Having to digest counter arguments from this fellow after 20 posts that basically say the same thing in different colors probably feels worse than eating a turd. It's all a really simple method of getting your way.

I've had to digest counter arguments from people who did the same thing you're accusing him of yet didn't use any special mannerism.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Role-Player said:
It is, but you probably don't know why that's amusing.
As you say.

Do what you will. His opinions deserve as much respect as the next person's opinions. That's your problem you see, thinking I'm elevating his opinions to some sort of higher status when what I'm saying is that his are no less valid than anyone else's - including yours - because of the mannerism they're conveyed in.
:lol: Haha. Hahahahaha. :lol:

I don't think I need to say any more than that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jinxed

Liturgist
Role-Player said:
I've had to digest counter arguments from people who did the same thing you're accusing him of yet didn't use any special mannerism.

Refer to what I wrote earlier; you haven't seen much yet.

taks

Liturgist
no kidding... do we further expect "in character" NPCs in a crpg to speak perfect english as well? c'mon now, there's not much of a brain strain required to decipher gromnir's writing... now judgements on his opinions are, well, more opinion.

taks

Jinxed

Liturgist
No, I'm talking about until he really starts. What you see here is really "good fun".
You are talking about what you see of him on the codex yes? Or in this thread? That's nothing. Exitium doesn't like him in general and he met him a long time before the codex was created IIRC. So did I. Once he gets cornered that's when it gets... A tirade. I won't hold my opinions about him just 'cause he's playing nice on the codex. I also like the way Saint Proverbius has managed to ignore his presence here.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
:lol: Haha. Hahahahaha. :lol:

I don't think I need to say any more than that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

True enough, you already said enough when you decided to ignore the points being made and replying with an over abundance of smilies. Or was that when you decide to attack the person with falsely made accusations rather than the point the person conveys? I don't know, I forget. Either one speaks a lot about your "argument".

Jinxed said:
Refer to what I wrote earlier; you haven't seen much yet.

With all due respect Jinxed, don't assume I haven't seen Gromnir's posting stye in a prolongued debate, even in first hand. I'm not basing my opinion based solely on what I'm seeing of his posts here on the Codex.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Jinxed seems to be polluted by Exitium. Grom doesn't really change his posting style whether he's 'winninG" or "loising' an 'argument. Face it, Exitium is Grom's bitch AND he LOVES it.

R00fles!

taks

Liturgist
i've been reading gromnir's posts for 5 years now... nothing has changed nor have i ever had a problem reading them.

to argue that his posts are any more vanilla than any other's on any board is ridiculous at best. no matter how good or bad you may think your argument is, when it's posted on a message board, you still come across as retarded. most i see in here are teen angst type postings made by young'uns that still have a curfew.

for that matter, whining about somebody else's posting style is, well, whining. waaaaaaa!

taks

PS: yes, i know ex and grom have "issues," btw, but that doesn't mean i can't chide him about it occasionally :)

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Volourn: That was your worst attempt at trolling. Ever.

Taks: So, if someone has a complaint or negative comment about something it should be immediately dismissed because it's whining? Waaa? :roll:

suibhne

Erudite
I love you guys.

Where's the group hug smiley?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom