Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gotham Knights - open world action-RPG where Batman is dead

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And why is this thread in the RPG section? Infinitron
The developers call it an ARPG. Since 'what is RPG' is an unanswerable question, the Codex staff official position is that if the developers call something an RPG, it gets filed as an RPG.

So the question becomes, why did the developers call this an RPG? The obvious answer is that there is levelling and numbers going up.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
For some reason, I was under the impression that Rocksteady were developing this game. But it's actually WB themselves? Kek. Another Arkham Origins situation. It's funny how absolutely nobody was hyped for this game before it came out and there was nothing but pessimism, despite it being the follow-up to the beloved Arkham series. I guess I know why now.

Silentstorm

Learned
I will say this, i loved the Arkham games(well, issues with Joker overuse and Batmobile aside) but this never struck me as good or interesting, and i do like the Batfamily, hell, my main complaint was that Batfamily members are still missing because Batman has been that overdone...and yet this game slipped my mind so much i was honestly shocked seeing reviews and people saying it came out today...seriously?

I was still under the impression it would take a while longer...but i care so little about the game i never paid attention to the release date, everything about it just made me want Rocksteady to be the ones making it instead...and i know they are doing a Suicide Squad game which is...ehhh, i know they got a movie but if they were to do a game about DC characters that aren't related to Batman, i would have preferred to see them try with superpowered heroes or villains, as the Suicide Squad playable characters are people that are mostly like Batman, just some people with gadgets aside from King Shark who is mostly just a brute character anyways...seems like a bit of a waste and just a way to re-use what they did with Batman for the most part.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Even a 4090 cannot hold 60 fps at 1080p:

https://wccftech.com/gotham-knights...rmance-ray-tracing-features-across-the-board/

And it also looks like shit compared to 7 years old Arkham Knight, which requires 1/10 of the hardware power to run:

And here is a clue as to why this game is the way it is:

YeSx7VA.jpg

Last edited:
For some reason, I was under the impression that Rocksteady were developing this game. But it's actually WB themselves? Kek. Another Arkham Origins situation. It's funny how absolutely nobody was hyped for this game before it came out and there was nothing but pessimism, despite it being the follow-up to the beloved Arkham series. I guess I know why now.
Rocksteady's upcoming game is Suicide Squad:

Will probably be shit too, but maybe a little less shit than this.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
Rocksteady's upcoming game is Suicide Squad:

Will probably be shit too, but maybe a little less shit than this.

All these witty dialogues, overly vivid colors, vomitting effects and superheroes...

Dexter

Arcane
Guess this seems like another incoming trash-fire on the level of Saint's Row Reboot that not even the "Gaming Press" can gloss over?: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/gotham-knights

Although not entirely surprising, because even with Arkham: Origins you could see this was a B-studio that just borrowed a lot of the good stuff from RockSteady, but were less than capable of doing their own: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/batman-arkham-knight-back-on-steam.90253/page-41#post-4700636
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-goddamn-batman-arkham-origins.82064/page-10#post-3028901

At least they seem to have paid attention to the important parts of game development:
4rs4rvnroxt91.png

Silentstorm

Learned
I thought it was because he can apparently be a real jerk or a cheater, like I heard about the time he was going to marry Starfire so he went to invite Barbara who didn't know he was dating anyone, asked if they could get back together, so he slept with her and Then invited her to his wedding.

Wonder if that gets mentioned in the game.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Game looks boring as hell, but it does seem strange how much hate was piled on immediately

Maybe I’ll try Asylum for a playable popcorn bat men series

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I think that purple is so popular because it's a blending of baby boy blue, and little girl pink. It is no coincidence Warner Brothers use it in their logo and it's all over this game. Purple = gender fluid. That's what AAA gaming is all about now.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Can't says I fully understand the 5/10 scores, I am having a lot of fun at least. The best part is definitely the heroes and their interactions. The whole game is very much built around fanservice for long-time DC fans.
But I would really not recommend it at full price even if you are a hardcore Batman fanboy. In the end, it's a decent open-world game with some of my favourite Batman characters. I just wish it was more polished: Raytracing is completely broken and utterly kills your performance for very little visual gain. Though I am getting 60+FPS all the time with a 3060TI so without Raytracing at least and enemies clipping too often in objects that kind of thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom