Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gotham Knights - open world action-RPG where Batman is dead

Silentstorm

Learned
The optimization across all systems is just a joke, like, the fuck happened here, the game doesn't even look as good as a game that came out years ago!

And i refuse to believe it's because the director is a woman, other games with women directors run at 60 FPS, no, they just didn't care about optimization because it's Batman and people always buy Batman stuff so they don't have to work hard.

Oh well, if this fails, it's more regular Batman games, maybe now we can finally have the Batman game i want, an Adam West Batman game, 60's Batman is cheesy and it's high time we got a Batman that can smile again, granted...it will never happen because Batman these days is always in shadows frowning while refusing to have any emotion besides yell a bit more to show his anger and maybe like one smile every now and then.

Seriously, there are some points where i almost think modern Batman could be a freaking Vulcan from Star Trek-

Silentstorm

Learned
At least they did two movies with Adam West Batman, animated ones...that seem to have been the biggest failures of all the animated movies but they barely talked about them, anyways, they are silly and fun, with the second getting a bit darker than expecting as Batman faces William Shatner as Two-Face.

But seriously, they are fun, the first movie even has Batman being turned evil by science and then cloning himself which leads to him conquering Gotham and having his own late night show he forces everyone to watch before Robin and Catwoman get a lot of the old show's rogue gallery to fight Batman:

There are even death traps they escape from...sad DC basically ignored them and released them with barely any marketing.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Troons cannot think of anything else, can they? They have to infect everything with their mental illness.

dxtHnMn.jpg

MxD1z69.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
Completely baffling they even made an attempt to broach this subject in the masked vigilante criminal beat-up game.
Such an explicit example of shitlib soapboxing with zero regard or awareness for the subject matter you're actually working with.
Not at all, it just shows how they view the real world. Enemies are the bad guys highlighted in red, and they're the ones you can hurt. Friendlies are highlighted in blue, you can't hurt them.

Codex Year of the Donut
Zombra

are you really going to tell me that's an accurate portrayal of the guy this kid grows up to be?
Batman-408-2.jpg

y'know, discounting all the other fucked up shit that happens to him including being murdered?
he's an all around antisocial asshole, the idea of him going to any kind of parade is hilarious

Codex Year of the Donut
as a side note to all the other discussions, the cut scenes are surprisingly high quality compared to ... everything else.
Going to guess they got outsourced to an actually talented studio.

[edit]
and batgirl's VA is awful, nails on chalkboard

Last edited:

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Completely baffling they even made an attempt to broach this subject in the masked vigilante criminal beat-up game.
Such an explicit example of shitlib soapboxing with zero regard or awareness for the subject matter you're actually working with.
Not at all, it just shows how they view the real world. Enemies are the bad guys highlighted in red, and they're the ones you can hurt. Friendlies are highlighted in blue, you can't hurt them.
Police are the bad guys. Now where have I seen this before?

Dexter

Arcane
To be honest, the top is full of shit. PC Master Race, duh.
They changed the algorithm like a month ago to count things like "DLC" Sales and "In-app purchases" instead of only total Unit Sales, so yeah I guess the Top10 is probably going to just look like that from now on: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...discussion-thread.68581/page-263#post-8134368
This new section replaces the old 'stats' page on Steam and provides a better overview for what is hot on Steam right now. The new top-selling lists rank games based on total revenue, including all sources such as DLC and in-game transactions so we can all get a more complete picture of which games players are excited about getting into and continuing to play. This new method of calculating revenue is also being deployed across various top lists throughout the Steam store, including the Top Sellers tab on Steam's homepage, genre and tag pages.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
The optimization across all systems is just a joke, like, the fuck happened here, the game doesn't even look as good as a game that came out years ago!

And i refuse to believe it's because the director is a woman, other games with women directors run at 60 FPS, no, they just didn't care about optimization because it's Batman and people always buy Batman stuff so they don't have to work hard.

Oh well, if this fails, it's more regular Batman games, maybe now we can finally have the Batman game i want, an Adam West Batman game, 60's Batman is cheesy and it's high time we got a Batman that can smile again, granted...it will never happen because Batman these days is always in shadows frowning while refusing to have any emotion besides yell a bit more to show his anger and maybe like one smile every now and then.

Seriously, there are some points where i almost think modern Batman could be a freaking Vulcan from Star Trek-
This is what, the fifth game made with the engine? That the game apparently runs this poorly is a joke. This isn't some experimental new engine, this is something that's been running relatively smoothly for over a decade.
A group of vigilantes (people who aren't working within the confines of the law) who regularly clash with police, are not only going to a parade, they're talking about it on their real e-mail accounts? This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen in superhero related media, and that's saying a lot. I want to say this is someone intentionally thinking up the stupidest possible thing, but I doubt it.

Dexter

Arcane
This is what, the fifth game made with the engine? That the game apparently runs this poorly is a joke. This isn't some experimental new engine, this is something that's been running relatively smoothly for over a decade.
Gotham Knights is using Unreal Engine 4. Arkham Asylum/City/Origins/Knight run Unreal Engine 3 and look much better than this/did so 10+ years ago.

Silentstorm

Learned
About the parade thing, Jason only doesn't want to interact with Batman at times, i must point out he's been a member of several superhero teams since he came back and Two-Face had to actively take him out of Task Force Z, the team of zombie heroes he was the leader of which is a real thing, he is also extremely non-conservative despite being from the streets.

And the vigilantes can get to the street, for God's sake, they are so allowed that the police have a fucking Bat-Signal to call Batman which means they directly support him, the only exception being because of Mayor Watanabe, a guy that blamed Batman for supervillains existing(even though canonically, Batman isn't Gotham's first superhero at all and there were others working for decades, one story even had him investigating a vandalized statue of Alan Scott, the very first Green Lantern who was in Gotham fighting crime and supervillains when Bruce was a kid, something that for some reason only Ed Brubaker ever remembers to be fair) and actively put down the Bat Signal, made cops start attacking the vigilantes and wasted billions of dollars trying to imprison Batman and the others in such a financial failure he had to be kicked out.

Aside from that one guy, Gotham vigilantes can shockingly walk around Gotham without much issue in the comics, and they are beloved by the crowd, to a point where in Fear State, a recent story, Scarecrow tried to make Gotham depressed by faking Batman's death and it being announced everywhere with people cheering when Batman was revealed to be alive, i think the only vigilante that has issues is Bluebird, a female vigilante from around 2012, and only because she attacked a villain that is very charismatic and lied her way in court into getting an innocent veredict for crimes she commited so people are mad at Bluebird for attacking "innocent" people...aside from her, people have so little issue and Gotham vigilantes so often partner up with the police that the idea of them not being able to walk around town without cops going after them just seems stupid and completely against comics.

Parsifarka

Arcane

Congratulations to WB, they've finally reached Marvel levels of cringe. And the news anchor is even wearing a hijab, just brutal; anyone who plays this is gambling with his soul, and anyone who pays for it is going straight to hell.
I really hope the studio closes down before they can even release a patch, and for the upcoming Zoomer Squad: Arkham Cringe gayme and the Nigwarts thing to follow the same fate. Just crash and burn, please.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom