Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Gothic remake from THQ Nordic

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
It does have potential, the quest picking herbs for Yberion would be a lot more tense with bigger noodles like thst. Would help the atmosphere as a whole.

Unfortunately they've already shown they're fucking up the entire game so nothing to evencthink about.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Remember when a game only took 3 years to make? Those were better times.

But diversity hires, motion captured bear sex scenes, and etc needs money!!!!
Still, the fact that they are not showing any of it three years into development isnìt exactly signal-boosting confidence on their side.
Modern A/AA/AAA game developers takes 5-8 years to make a game and most don't reveal too early for this very reason^

A very small studio in assembly wrote Rollercoaster tycoon in about 2 years. How much years a electronic farts with modern engines and hundreds of incompetent diversity hires would need to make the same game?

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Watched a video of the demo, why is it so ugly and shitty? Did they have to do everything wrong? How hard is it to just take Gothic, give it better controls, and decent graphics, and leave the rest true to the original?

Rhobar121

Scholar
You are exaggerating 3.5 years is not a long time by current standards. Showing the gameplay when it is not polished is also a stupid idea. I doubt whether they will show anything special until they announce the premiere date.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Watched a video of the demo, why is it so ugly and shitty? Did they have to do everything wrong? How hard is it to just take Gothic, give it better controls, and decent graphics, and leave the rest true to the original?
I doubt it's going to be as ugly as the demo, they probably already have scrapped everything that was shown.

And yeah, that means it could also look worse.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I doubt it's going to be as ugly as the demo, they probably already have scrapped everything that was shown.

It won't get any shittier than Elex

Peachcurl

Cipher

It won't get any shittier than Elex
Elex wasn't the greatest game ever, but I had fun.

Admittedly, not as much fun as Gothic, which is what they should be measured against.

Looks like they want to make a generic console action RPG with Gothic assets. I hope they don't include dodge roll and stay with the original combat system which was awesome and tactical.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New screenshots were released through CD-Action:

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The more I experience everything from this remake the more disgusted I become. These devs can fuck off saying they loved original Gothic, just straight up lying to my face.

Last edited:

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I hope they add more visual noise in the full release, I can almost see what's going on in these screenshots.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Doesn't look terrible, I actually like nuDiego, but why is the outside so suffused with grey? With occasional tinge of greenish grey?

The original wasn't exactly giving Kingdom Hearts a run for its money when it comes to gaudiness but it wasn't as drab either.

maxresdefault.jpg

soulburner

Cipher
Where has the color gone? I get it, it's supposed to be bleak and all but at least let the grass be green.

Mauman

Learned
I see that picture of....whoever (Diego, Gomez, dunno) and think of the Highlander quote "I'm not Spanish, I'm Egyptian."

Spike

Educated
Doesn't look terrible, I actually like nuDiego, but why is the outside so suffused with grey? With occasional tinge of greenish grey?

The original wasn't exactly giving Kingdom Hearts a run for its money when it comes to gaudiness but it wasn't as drab either.

View attachment 47197

Ahhh, I will never tire of that first image. Pure, unadulterated sovl-kino.

View attachment 47197
That's Gothic with a (very well made) texture mod on your pic though. Yet the original still has greener grass than the stuff the remake portrays to be grass:

iu

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

That's Gothic with a (very well made) texture mod on your pic though. Yet the original still has greener grass than the stuff the remake portrays to be grass:
I like how the original Gothic looks with high res textures and DX11 mod, except still being blocky and lacking proper grass it looks great. I am not certain remake will look better if they add piss-filters, blurs etc...

2E9B970118C11575CD7004FC5C7C41C882C4B001

CD43C6129C08977438ED492088ACE113822451DE

A2F48D8907E7D121A8EC675680347A9A322D03F8

65C26FC68FF5B3D8A7D8A7AD3DC0ECBFC17FFDFF

6730D1DB579DC6A3FFF0905AC5830F054CD73300

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom