Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hibernaculum - sci-fi survival horror dungeon crawler from Wormwood Studios' Victor Pflug

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
LOOKS like but Idk about gameplay. The art is great.
lol-01.png

me and scorn definitely. if it wasn't...whatever they made and just made a skyrim ripoff in that world, it'd be my favorite game ever. since the devs last game was a point-and-click i am dubious until i see some long form gameplay without someone giving commentary so we can see how the game works.

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
KQ7EwKm.png

oh no rpg codex ? ! ?
:lol:
:shredder:
May he get fucked to death by giant transsexual octodick (octopus with 8 giant dicks). I hope he bleeds like conformist pig he is

I spit on his grave where his woke corpse rots and shit on his woke games. Shizo your meds is bullet to the head

/Thread Unfollowed

I read on another thread here that "game devs hate gamers & games".

Let me be clear - I don't hate anyone here even when they tell me to KYS & honestly that is pretty sick esp considering my mum committed suicide shortly before I started Primordia (which in hindsight was begun as a way of dealing with my grief over that loss) but I think they knew that. I think it was designed to be hurtful. People who try to bring you down are also the ones who will kick you when you're down & laugh - which I've also had happen IRL so this stuff just... Doesn't hurt as much as real jackboots I'm afraid.

Be nice to each other & game devs pls.

We work hard to make stuff you like.

We love games more than life itself in some instances so don't get it twisted.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Sharing some of the game's mechanics would be more useful than snide comments

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
LOOKS like but Idk about gameplay. The art is great.
View attachment 47542
me and scorn definitely. if it wasn't...whatever they made and just made a skyrim ripoff in that world, it'd be my favorite game ever. since the devs last game was a point-and-click i am dubious until i see some long form gameplay without someone giving commentary so we can see how the game works.

I know what you mean

Games such as Scorn, Disco Elysium, Copper Dreams (and potentially this) are good examples of a fine art direction + paper thin gameplay

Space Wreck kinda too

Sibelius

Novice
Do we at least know if this is real time or turn based? Surely at least gameplay fundamentals like that have been agreed?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Do we at least know if this is real time or turn based? Surely at least gameplay fundamentals like that have been agreed?

IIRC they said it was real-time earlier in the thread, to which a lot of codexers got really butthurt angry over, but that was a long time ago.

Mortmal

Arcane

IIRC they said it was real-time earlier in the thread, to which a lot of codexers got really butthurt angry over, but that was a long time ago.
It's a simple game, reminiscent of titles like Elvira or Waxwork if you remember those from the Amiga 500 era. Of course, it makes sense for it to be real-time as the combat is simplistic; it's all about the atmosphere and puzzles. Asking for it to be turn-based is the usual retardation you can see around here, from hypocrites who don't play either genre in any case.

Harthwain

Magister
It's a simple game, reminiscent of titles like Elvira or Waxwork if you remember those from the Amiga 500 era. Of course, it makes sense for it to be real-time as the combat is simplistic; it's all about the atmosphere and puzzles. Asking for it to be turn-based is the usual retardation you can see around here, from hypocrites who don't play either genre in any case.
Eh, it is a bit different from that. I understand that people like turn-based over real-time, because in turn-based you can go at your own pace. That said, the game will be in real-time for two reasons: the games that inspired it were in real-time and it would be easy to abuse a turn-based system to keep moving away from enemies, undermining the danger that comes with encountering them.

Personally I don't mind real-time games, as long as they come with a pause feature of sorts. Exactly because I enjoy playing my games without having to have high APM. I got enough of that experience playing highly competitive Warcraft 3 in multiplayer (and other fast-paced games). If I want to play something action-y, then it won't be a base-building game nor something where you move on cell-to-cell basis.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
The Twitter profile is concerning, but not proof of anything. I really don't care if a game dev loves faggots or hates them. I care if he sows LGBT propaganda into his product or not.

Putting tranny or gender theory bullshit is where I draw the line and I don't see evidence of that here.

The only exceptions I make are when devs repeatedly shill propaganda to their customers, or when one of them turns out to be a pedo. But again, I'm not seeing evidence of that here.

Then again, I didn't see evidence of that with BG3 either. Never preordering again lol.

Mortmal

Arcane
The Twitter profile is concerning, but not proof of anything. I really don't care if a game dev loves faggots or hates them. I care if he sows LGBT propaganda into his product or not.

Putting tranny or gender theory bullshit is where I draw the line and I don't see evidence of that here.

The only exceptions I make are when devs repeatedly shill propaganda to their customers, or when one of them turns out to be a pedo. But again, I'm not seeing evidence of that here.

Then again, I didn't see evidence of that with BG3 either. Never preordering again lol.
I don't remember reading anything political in Primordia, so there's no reason to believe there's any agenda here either. What I remember was an adventure reminiscent of the 90s, and well worth playing. I'm okay with everything as long as nothing is forced and there's no moralization of the customers.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Quick lighthearted unveil video for our newly implemented character generator - which rapidly then descends into lame pop culture reference and general irreverence.

Apologies for the video de-syncing not sure how that happened exactly but it will be sorted for next time but for now - enjoy!

Be seeing you ;)

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I don't remember reading anything political in Primordia, so there's no reason to believe there's any agenda here either. What I remember was an adventure reminiscent of the 90s, and well worth playing. I'm okay with everything as long as nothing is forced and there's no moralization of the customers.
I look at that stuff being added by devs to their profiles as +2 ring of protection against the online Out-Rage Complex Syndicate (or ORCS). Put it on then forget it and your life's actual work (the game!) can continue instead of waging a never ending battle against the ORCS. As long as it's not a focus of their online presence, and Victor Pflug doesn't seem very interested in even talking about it (smart), then it gets a
1710686907100.png
from me.

sser

Arcane
Developer
What's up with the mega-niche microphone? + the hat gave a strong CB radio vibe.

1710689943205.png

Does age have much function outside of the thresholds (50/80)?

1710690730297.png

Curious if this would be better with just 3 buttons like Young - Middle-Aged - Old vs. clicking age button a bunch or if each digit has some impact.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I look at that stuff being added by devs to their profiles as +2 ring of protection against the online Out-Rage Complex Syndicate
You mean a capitulation. An "I won't stand in your way, please bully me last!" sign. Except they could just not weigh in either way and not answer any questions about it.

In the video above, I notice there's no sex selection option on character creation - whether because the character is assumed to be male, or to leave it ambiguous. Sort of like that, but on a Twitter profile. :M

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Sharing some of the game's mechanics would be more useful than snide comments
Yeah I gotta watch myself. Games obv MUCH more important than dramatic bs - I'm sure you all are aware of the drama thread that has been dedicated to me here on Codex.

That thread mentions (in my quoted response) the likely reason why I can be a little abrasive at times here.

It's pretty hard seeing the lies these people are saying about me and my work - so making Hiber at the same time as dealing with that obv takes it's toll. Appreciate you all bearing with me though.

Also, thank you for the other nice comments - many of your questions are being answered on YT currently regarding game mechanics etc.

New vid goes up today, too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A brief overview of the Mutoid portrait generator for Hibernaculum's Character Generator. We go off topic somewhat - but to quote Christopher Hitchens - at least it's progress of a kind.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Eh, it is a bit different from that. I understand that people like turn-based over real-time, because in turn-based you can go at your own pace. That said, the game will be in real-time for two reasons: the games that inspired it were in real-time and it would be easy to abuse a turn-based system to keep moving away from enemies, undermining the danger that comes with encountering them.

Personally I don't mind real-time games, as long as they come with a pause feature of sorts. Exactly because I enjoy playing my games without having to have high APM. I got enough of that experience playing highly competitive Warcraft 3 in multiplayer (and other fast-paced games). If I want to play something action-y, then it won't be a base-building game nor something where you move on cell-to-cell basis.
Inspire it != copy mechanics 1:1. In general, real-time is easier to abuse in dungeon crawler games compared to turn-based but both can be broken. In any case, your point is moot.

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
What's up with the mega-niche microphone? + the hat gave a strong CB radio vibe.
Forget if I answered this but it's a 1970's mini reel-to-reel recorder with it's own mic. Gets good diode distortion/fuzz & hey costs less than a Yeti or whatever kids use these days.
View attachment 47696

Does age have much function outside of the thresholds (50/80)?

View attachment 47697

Curious if this would be better with just 3 buttons like Young - Middle-Aged - Old vs. clicking age button a bunch or if each digit has some impact.
Not a bad idea actually but yeah - we did want to add more to the age mechanics outside those ranges. There are also other things that get effected unseen in the CHAR GEN though so - gotta weigh the cost benefits. If being 230 years old helps role playing - it may be then.

Inspire it != copy mechanics 1:1. In general, real-time is easier to abuse in dungeon crawler games compared to turn-based but both can be broken. In any case, your point is moot.
To be honest Arcancum completely broke for me when I realized I could scum switch realtime/turn based back in the day.

Might be a good time to reiterate my philosophy is basic;

Elvira felt atmospheric - keep.

I like EoB combat best - keep.

ADnD 2e was my edition in high school - use.

Lastly - make something unique because if not what's the point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom