Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hibernaculum - sci-fi survival horror dungeon crawler from Wormwood Studios' Victor Pflug

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hibernaculumgame/hibernaculum-survival-horror-rpg/posts/3889531

Hibernaculum Development Update - August 2023​

Greetings one and all to another Hibernian update!

It's been another very busy month over at Hibernaculum HQ with still much work done and to be done on the CharGen, again with mechanics being developed behind the scenes as well, with mostly esoteric combat math that just isn't that fun to show off... Yet ;)

Among these advancements, however, is a large update to the graphics (event/game window) draw distance. This essentially allows the player to see considerably further into the distance than previous test builds show off which should really increase navigation ease in general, plus add atmospheric (I think much needed) 3d space in the periphery that the old classics lacked;

263a13a2e030ea93da7fb6bca9bc4918_original.png
New Wallset Draw Distances Expanded
Among other work is a fair glut of new game assets and designs - which will comprise really the bulk of this update.

So - on with the show!

New Room Objects;

6942330c3cf22d89704a49535e626298_original.gif

74a6e63cbe408b616219ab5d82ad1953_original.gif

New (Rusted Machine Tunnels area) Wallset(s);

1e500221432729e3f97598f5822564ff_original.gif

11a9f205271b00d53e10af52ed7ae404_original.gif

New door animations;

010ad1ab066fdaca7bd143145d9f41d1_original.gif

fee5c94e2c4bea50193eaab61e256830_original.gif

New Monster Designs;

252b4559658589f9f03bf3fca5a52dbb_original.jpg

e1d2911ccfad2e1a0d301f620649e1d7_original.jpg

New NPCs/portraits;

01293c45cea1ea02b4b0e65d9a129ffd_original.gif

c701c3aeff43a5920c96544c4687d501_original.png

And of course; new (and old) antagonists...

project video thumbnail

PLAY
Feel free to check out the Discord for regular updates as per usual and yeah - be seeing you ;)

https://discord.gg/UWYhWEfN

-Mords

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I just seem to be quite the popular guy Infinitron and I know I thanked you personally via DM for your help posting on my Hibernaculum thread here (and offering you my own art services pro bono in gratitude, if you ever needed them) although I don't think I'll be thanking you for the other thread you began - shall we say - on my behalf ;)

Harthwain

Magister
That reminds me how elevator rides in Mass Effect 1 were pretty much loading screens.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Oh Jesus! I don’t want irl elevator time! NOOOOOOO!!
Make it a turnbased elevator ride. You do one turn, then elevator does one turn, rinse repeat...
Make it have complex puzzles as well or it won’t even move, let you push a bottom or have the doors open. If failure happens , then it goes backwards a bit.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
DEVELOPER: Victor Pflug
PUBLISHER: Mords

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hibernaculumgame/hibernaculum-survival-horror-rpg/posts/4009119

Hibernaculum 2024 Start of Year Update​

Greetings fellow Crew!

Well, where to begin? 2023 was a mad rollercoaster that we are honestly glad is behind us. The past year brought more challenges than we thought possible for one team to face and yet we did, and I think we came out much farther ahead than we could have ever hoped. But, that took work. The challenges came thick and fast but also on a personal front for myself as well, as some of you may have noticed on my dev news feeds. I thank you all for you backing us financially, but also, and I feel a bit odd saying this - but emotionally as well. Both fronts serve to strengthen each other obviously, but many of you have gone above and beyond in your support of my and my team's work and for that I will be eternally, personally grateful.

The upshot of which is - I & we are now more determined than ever to bring you the best sci fi throwback horror thriller dungeon crawl you've ever played - and this brings to mind something somebody said to me at the beginning of the Kickstarter campaign;

"You're going to be rich!" - or something along those lines.

To which my immediate reply was; "Yes, rich with responsibility".

So with that brief personal note out of the way... On with the show!

...Perhaps some dot points to begin!

THE ENGINE

Our foundational Hiber engine now currently boasts the following features fully implemented;

-Lockable/reclosable doors to keep the hordes at bay & hunker down

-Chests/containers/items fully working

-Multiple wall types within each set now implemented (plus textures +room objects)

-x23 draw distance tiles now working (further than you could see in EoB)

-"Fire Tongue" weapon attack system working for multiple weapon types

-Enemy AI behaviour modes implemented inc wait, follow, attack, patrol etc

-Inventory management per class type & item gathering/crafting on camp system implemented

8d26621667414fbad6f7bf57592f3267_original.gif

cef659bfd839194379da599dc326a93d_original.gif

b341f44d76cb9c249d8ad839b2a21428_original.gif

*NOTE) Many UI elements are still being reworked and the following gifs represent wall tile tests etc only & not final visuals

THE GAME

We are also extremely pleased to announce that as of last night - Hibernaculum is now OFFICIALLY up on STEAM!

(you can now wishlist Hibernaculum - we of course are extremely grateful in advance!)

HIBERNACULUM STEAM PAGE

(this is early days though so please consider this "under construction" for now many additions & alterations will be made to the Steam store page throughout the year of course)

Also some of you have been steered to our Indiegogo campaign for Hibernaculum which we have kept running on the backburner in order to meet our further stretch goals. We look forward to bolstering our presence there on Indiegogo later in the year and at that time offering merch & additions you may have missed out on during the earlier campaign run.

Our team has been working diligently around the clock and I could not be more proud of the results. With a tandem focus on our pipeline (in order to shore up gameplay and continue building out content) plus deciding the final math for our Character Generator and Combat/SKILD mechanics.

Our work on the Character Generator is right at the forefront of our pipeline now too, just to hammer that home - you'll be seeing a lot more on the fauna side of things very soon ie creating characters with our new Character Generator. Talking to NPCs. Fighting monsters of various types. Talking, perhaps even to creatures that might not be considered a regular NPC - friends can often be found in the strangest places, after all. Then there is so much more after that as well... It almost boggles the mind. But in all - there should a lot more of the things moving inside our Ship for you to see rather than just the moving walls. Gameplay is going to be thundering along now we have our Hiber engine firing on all cylinders.

Seeing the team grow from just myself as a solo creator on this project to include a modest yet colourful myriad of artists, programmers & community managers (not the least of whom is my own wonderful partner) has been a real joy as well, and I thank you all for your kind offers to be a part of this project & look forward to all the further developments on that front as well, as our team continues to grow.

New art will be forthcoming from our art team soon, alongside engine updates from our programmers. Plus generally, a schedule for these that includes more of a wide, or fish eye lens focus on several media outlets and other means of getting news on Hiber to you where & when you want it.

THE HOOK

ad50e1ef51a865f93843703f60786598_original.png

...Speaking of lenses & fishes (quite the segue) in our spare time over the holidays we also managed to put together a little something extra for you all as a sort of amuse bouche & miniature gift to thank you for your support - but more on this angle later :D

So yeah - talk soon & stay safe everyone but most of all, please have an absolutely wonderful 2024!

f8482ec88b0881f2fe31657ea97506fc_original.gif

Be seeing you ;)

-Mords & Team

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom