Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Hibernaculum - sci-fi survival horror dungeon crawler from Wormwood Studios' Victor Pflug

notpl

Arbiter
I see that giant generic spiders are confirmed. Looks great but i hope that when the game will finally release, tile traversal will be smoother visually.
As for me, I hope the font changes to something even slightly legible. I have no idea what the text in that last video's dialogue box says after three watches - "PATROL NOT IS SPARK"? I don't even have a guess as to the second line.

buffalo bill

Arcane
I see that giant generic spiders are confirmed. Looks great but i hope that when the game will finally release, tile traversal will be smoother visually.
As for me, I hope the font changes to something even slightly legible. I have no idea what the text in that last video's dialogue box says after three watches - "PATROL NOT IS SPARK"? I don't even have a guess as to the second line.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I assumed that is just filler gibberish that says nothing, to be replaced later with actual text

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hibernaculumgame/hibernaculum-survival-horror-rpg/posts/3860364

Hibernaculum Development Update - July 2023​

Greetings, fellow Crew!

Well, another busy month and a bit; working primarily on the Character Generator. We have voted on Discord and far and away CharGen won over Character Creator. That is literally he least interesting thing going on behind the scenes right now though - & not sure why I led with that!

So, the real dope - we are moving ahead by leaps and bounds. The Character Generator work being foremost of course, and moving very close to a stage now where we're ready to do a proper demo/teaser video. We are also working heavily on combat mechanics - namely walking the walk when it comes to revisiting our TTRPG roots and bringing more of the AD&D 2e - and especially a much more cRPG experience, into Hibernaculum. A system for damage distribution, taking cover, ambush rules, XP tables, stat adjusters, class adjusters, hit dice - WHOA! The list goes on.

Systems within systems - and while the writing, art and music have been a lot of fun; Hibernaculum's primary gameplay loop is where I really enjoy putting my grey matter to work. Seeing hints of emergent gameplay rear thier head here and there... It's encouraging to say the least.

Again - jump on our Discord if you feel so inclined - it is your right after all!

Plus yeah we are doing some cool stuff and it's REALLY only gonna get more intriguing, visceral and enthralling from here on in. ;)

https://discord.gg/XP8kfgWC

...Be seeing you ;)

-Mords

Last edited:

Victor Pflug

Wormwood Studios
Developer
poor guy sounds unhinged, hope he finds his way
Well if you were developing a vast new RPG game whilst pursuing a lawsuit in the face of rampant defamation you might be a little strung out too Agris. ;)

Tell you what - join the Hiber team and put your RPG skills to use for us. Would be happy to have another productive member of the team to take some of the work off my plate and I will take a moment to remind you that I'm currently;

Game designer, director, foley artist, graphic artist, animator, OST composer, marketing manager, & about a dozen other minor jobs that honestly I could use a little help with.

Interested? :D

tred

Augur
Well if you were developing a vast new RPG game whilst pursuing a lawsuit in the face of rampant defamation you might be a little strung out too Agris. ;)

Tell you what - join the Hiber team and put your RPG skills to use for us. Would be happy to have another productive member of the team to take some of the work off my plate and I will take a moment to remind you that I'm currently;

Game designer, director, foley artist, graphic artist, animator, OST composer, marketing manager, & about a dozen other minor jobs that honestly I could use a little help with.

Hey Victor, I'm a professional OST composer and might be able to help. What do you need?

Harthwain

Magister
These posts and videos for some reason make me think of some of the creepier ARGs I've seen over the years.
You probably mean games made by Adventure Soft (Elvira, Waxworks). They are a huge source of inspiration for this game.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I somehow missed seeing this KS. I take it all isn’t well or is it coming along as planned?

kangaxx

Arbiter
It actually has something on this in the FAQs on the Kickstarter:

The 3D movement looks a bit clunky - any chance of smoothing it?

Absolutely. We've studied how Lands of Lore tackled this closely and are seeking to replicate and improve upon smoothed forwards/left right movement etc and mitigate the step by step rather jarring lack of smoothing. Wormwood Studios is big on visual polish so this is something we've thought about a lot and planned for - the video tests shown are very much bare framework and of course not indicative of the final polished game. Successful funding will help us hire additional programmers to allow for this level of polish.

The early test builds shown also are just that - working tests. All animations, sprite movements, lighting, layers, tilesets and so on will be refined throughout the development process leading up to the final cut and polish before release. Wormwood Studios takes it's game assets very seriously and this is one area of many that absolutely will receive the utmost attention.

OrthodoxEnigma

Literate

I worked in marketing and what would get your game a lot of attention is if you offer to make portraits of big streamers in the artstyle of the game.
I bet Asmongold and Vinesauce would be absolutely delighted to recieve a portrait since they are more humble/down to earth/support independent devs.
But only do this at the tailend of development so that you get a burst of income from non-kickstarter people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom