Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just got banned for six hours for making an "offensive" joke against Theodora

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Woah that's a lot. You know, I'm not an addictive personality so I can have a few packs in a month and then none for years. I like them but not enough to have to get them regularly. But I like cigars better anyway.

Vatnik Wumao
Woah that's a lot. You know, I'm not an addictive personality so I can have a few packs in a month and then none for years. I like them but not enough to have to get them regularly. But I like cigars better anyway.
Been smoking a pack a day for over 10 years, so meh. Wish I could limit myself to something like 5 cigs a day, but at this point it'd be easier to just quit (which I don't intend to do since smoking is one of those 'small pleasures' of life that I don't see myself abstaining from entirely).

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I'm like that too. Never went heavy bar some really shit days; and stopped smoking more because they got real shitty where I was living at the time (plain packaging seems to lead to a race to the bottom, nothing but the shittiest of cigarettes).

Miss kreteks if anything, but no real plans to resume.

I don't like this Theodora entity. Especially it's avatar. It gives impression of arrogance.
What did Artemis do to you?!

Vatnik Wumao
5700/285=20
Yeah, somehow miscalculated that. Not coffeinated enough at the time))
Pack per day is financially viable I would smoke more but then I will be spending too much on cigs
I spend more on cigs that on food (mainly by being relatively frugal with my groceries, engaging in OMAD and sticking to staple stuff like rice, cornmeal & potato-based dishes with some added meat, veggies and/or dairy products depending on the recipe in question). Fuckers keep increasing the prices of cigs little by little. At some point I had switched over to rolling my own cigs, but I was smoking them without a filter since the tobacco wasn't as strong and I eventually returned to normal cigs when I started having visible nicotine stains on my fingers. Rolling cigs did help with smoking less tho since I wasn't rolling several cigs in advance and sometimes I just couldn't be bothered to roll one when I got the urge to smoke so I abstained for longer period of times between cigs.

Surprised that you buy energy drinks tho since it'd be cheaper to just drink coffee instead (at least that's how it is for me hence sticking to coffee).

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Surprised that you buy energy drinks tho since it'd be cheaper to just drink coffee instead (at least that's how it is for me hence sticking to coffee).
I'm mixing between both
(mainly by being relatively frugal with my groceries, engaging in OMAD and sticking to staple stuff like rice, cornmeal & potato-based dishes with some added meat, veggies and/or dairy products depending on the recipe in question
I eat a lot, so another drain

Alter Sack

Magister
Drank 10-15 liters of beer since the start of the year in total; no other beverages. 10-15 liters, some people call it "a weekend".

Lets compare other stuff, since the start of the year

~ 5700 cigs
~ 600 ibuprofen/ketoprofen pills
~ 200 liters of energy drinks
~ 520 cups of coffee

My grandpa smoked 2-3 packs of these no filter cigarettes per day for nearly fifty years:

Werbepappe-Aufsteller-Reval-Cigaretten-cardboard-sign-signe-en-carton.jpg

Died from lung cancer 63 years old.

It was not pretty.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
My grandpa smoked 2-3 packs of these no filter cigarettes per day for nearly fifty years:

Werbepappe-Aufsteller-Reval-Cigaretten-cardboard-sign-signe-en-carton.jpg

Died from lung cancer 63 years old.

It was not pretty.
They're a pretty good testimony to the power of advertising and packaging (despite what I said earlier, which is still true).

Sorry about your grandpa. :/

Bibbimbop

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I don't have too many vices or addictions. I try to stay healthy and fit. You only get one go-round in this world, after all. But we all have guilty pleasures, and I'm no different from you guys. What's my poison? I have been drinking roughly 5700 liters of dog semen a year.

Trying to cut back for my health lately.

Then I read this thread.

Looks like I picked the wrong day to cut back on dog semen.

Vatnik Wumao
I understand not wanting to stick with such habits if you actually have a life mission that you are working towards. But as an average Joe, there's really no point in such acts of self-denial. Prolonging your life to the detriment of your enjoyment of it is just silly. Ascetism is worth it only when it has a purpose behind it. And unlike some monk who is emptying his life of worldly indulgences in order to make room for God in it (or some secular equivalents to that, like a professional athlete who deems it worth it to sacrifice such pleasures at the altar of future glories), you're just emptying your life for no reason and carrying that emptiness around for nothing.

That being said, the pleasure of smoking is an acquired taste, so better to not pick it up at all if you haven't already.

Mauman

Learned
I don't like this Theodora entity. Especially it's avatar. It gives impression of arrogance.
What did Artemis do to you?!
Ya know, having had the misfortune of perusing the Hades Reddit sub, I find the fanbase for Hades (and in particular those who use avatars and whatnot) to be a bit...well....touched in the head is probably the nicest way I could put it.

Only other fanbase that has turned me off to a game to this degree was Undertale's. Main difference being I bought Hades before I saw the fans, while I will probably never buy Undertale because I saw the fanbase first.

I'm not saying you're necessarily one of those people, but the back of mind does make connections to it, even if I know it's not fair.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The Hades fanbase actually reads the dialogue. Fucking idiotic. I do not play a rogue-lite to read the stupid teenage dating dialogue.

I understand not wanting to stick with such habits if you actually have a life mission that you are working towards. But as an average Joe, there's really no point in such acts of self-denial. Prolonging your life to the detriment of your enjoyment of it is just silly. Ascetism is worth it only when it has a purpose behind it. And unlike some monk who is emptying his life of worldly indulgences in order to make room for God in it (or some secular equivalents to that, like a professional athlete who deems it worth it to sacrifice such pleasures at the altar of future glories), you're just emptying your life for no reason and carrying that emptiness around for nothing.

That being said, the pleasure of smoking is an acquired taste, so better to not pick it up at all if you haven't already.
Venerable comrade, I'm in too dire want of time to properly provide you with the much deserved courtesies and intellectual exaltation at present, but for now I will say that there is more that fills you should your praxis be via negativa, through agnosia many things can be achieved, even for the lay person. Of course the other path, which would involve a healthy fumigation of the humours through the use of the Indian weed, can be travelled well also.

Vatnik Wumao
even for the lay person
Certainly, but that still requires belief (which I don't have). You could still benefit from it in theory if you adopt an existentialist outlook on things (see thinkers like Miguel de Unamuno with his Tragic Sense of Life, a book which I definitely recommend to those interested in Christian existentialism), something which is in essence a hedonism of the intellect rather than of the senses (since I'd argue that without belief what you are achieving is not fulfillment through the attainment of meaning in a metaphysical sense, but rather through the aestheticization of one's life - i.e. pursuit of beauty rather than of truth, unlike with the religious pursuits of the believer for whom the two are interconnected). But eh, my aesthetic sensibilities don't really map onto an ascetic ideal (personally having more in common with the decadentism of d'Annunzio rather than the existentialism of Mishima).

Mauman

Learned
The Hades fanbase actually reads the dialogue. Fucking idiotic. I do not play a rogue-lite to read the stupid teenage dating dialogue.
"Only other fanbase that has turned me off to a game to this degree was Undertale's"

Hello Pot, I'd like you to meet kettle. I'm sure you have much in common. :P

(once again, I know I'm being unfair. I'm (mostly) sure you're an entirely normal person and not some bizzaro degenerate)

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I'm not saying you're necessarily one of those people, but the back of mind does make connections to it, even if I know it's not fair.
No familiar with the "fandom", I noped out of those as a teenager when I realised they were nothing but bizarre drama and fighting over weird stuff. (To the point I have no notion what Hades' 'reddit-base' is even like, but I can imagine it being pretty bad just based on how popular it suddenly got post-release. Seemed fairly chill elsewhere when it was still in Early Access, but so it goes I guess.).

Jasede is a bizzaro degenerate, but a self-aware and a loveable one.
A bit of an impossible standard if someone who chooses chastity is still a 'degen', no?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom