Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Just got banned for six hours for making an "offensive" joke against Theodora

Vatnik Wumao
Don't like dark beer tbh. Used to drink a shitload of it back in the day since it was cheaper (per alcohol %), but now it's utterly repulsive to me. Best way to describe it is that it gives me a metallic taste.

Vatnik Wumao

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Don't like dark beer tbh. Used to drink a shitload of it back in the day since it was cheaper (per alcohol %), but now it's utterly repulsive to me. Best way to describe it is that it gives me a metallic taste.
Dark beer and ale is best beer!
Weißbier is where it's at. Imagine not drinking beer brewed in accordance with the Reinheitsgebot. What, are you some kind of peasant?))
Don't make me buy you a round to show you the error of your ways, bitch!

Dark beer and ale is best beer!
Weißbier is where it's at. Imagine not drinking beer brewed in accordance with the Reinheitsgebot. What, are you some kind of peasant?))
:hmmm:

Weissbier is not brewed in accordance with the Reinheitsgebot. In fact the Reinheitsgebot was largely a political stunt passed to specifically stamp down on the growing popularity of using wheat in beer (the characteristic flavor of wheat beer is actually created from the yeast and esthers and can be emulated with other grains, but yeast wasn't known to exist by brewers at the time). Schwarzbiers and Dunkel lagers, on the other hand, (both of which are German dark beers that existed at the time of the Reinheitsgebot) are brewed in accordance with it. If you're going to talk about something maybe do some basic fucking research.

Also wheat beer is fine, but worth noting that one of (several) reasons that the Reinheitsgebot targeted it was specifically that it was gaining popularity among women (and thereby encouraging intemperance in women) because of its sweetness.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
If you're going to talk about something maybe do some basic fucking research.
Chill, nerd. It's just banter.
Although
A73VR5U.png

Take it up with them if you have an issue.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Dutch beer doesn't have to be good, because they can just go to Belgium.
Belgian beer is like atonal music; most of it is actually shit, and there's no real point in exploring the good stuff until you have a thorough and complete mastery of everything that precedes it.
I'm not going to defend Belgian beer, since I'm drinking German beer for the most part. But I find the second half of your statement rather odd.

Although
A73VR5U.png

"I can't be held accountable for my own ignorance! A corporate entity assured me something in their own interests was true! What kind of faggot are you that you expect any due diligence of me?!"

:nocountryforshitposters:

Dutch beer doesn't have to be good, because they can just go to Belgium.
Belgian beer is like atonal music; most of it is actually shit, and there's no real point in exploring the good stuff until you have a thorough and complete mastery of everything that precedes it.
I'm not going to defend Belgian beer, since I'm drinking German beer for the most part. But I find the second half of your statement rather odd.
Belgians tend to take the kitchen sink approach to brewing; there's not much point in exploring the Cantillons if you don't have a proper foundation in what the British, Germans, Trappists, and even the French were doing contemporaneously. It would be like deciding you're going to try wine for the first time and then spending $500 on a random bottle; you're just not going to have the context.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Belgians tend to take the kitchen sink approach to brewing; there's not much point in exploring the Cantillons if you don't have a proper foundation in what the British, Germans, Trappists, and even the French were doing contemporaneously. It would be like deciding you're going to try wine for the first time and then spending $500 on a random bottle; you're just not going to have the context.
Okay, get it now. I initially read this as having to master shit Belgian beer to get the context for the good Belgian beer.

Vatnik Wumao
Although
A73VR5U.png

"I can't be held accountable for my own ignorance! A corporate entity assured me something in their own interests was true! What kind of faggot are you that you expect any due diligence of me?!"

:nocountryforshitposters:
No ignorance on my part, just autism on yours. Germany has maintained the tradition of beer laws which govern how German beers (including wheat beers) have to be brewed in order to be deemed authentic (just as France has laws as to what constitutes authentic champagne vis-a-vis other locally produced sparkling wines). So stop being triggered since I didn't imply that such contemporary beers follow the particular Bavarian laws of 1516.

I understand that most people not caring about your particular niche area of academic expertise might be frustrating, but you don't have to take it out on me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom