Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Doesn't amazon uk ship internationally?

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
There is no standard edition box. Standard edition is digital download.

I'm bloody counting on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft conjured up a new SKU aimed at a less discerning audience at the last minute, if only to satiate the apparent market demand for a retail version of any kind.

Doesn't amazon uk ship internationally?

They do.

Morphi

Augur
About the amazon MMX box some quotes from Open Dev Blog:

Some guy asked:
Dear developers & Ubisoft, HELP.
Amazon has the boxed edition for sale, but is it the Deluxe Edition one or just a standard edition with no map and bonus goodies?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Might-Magic-Legacy-PC-DVD/dp/B00HT5WSPY/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1389969102&sr=1-3&keywords=might and magic x

Julien answered:

We think it is indeed the Deluxe Box, but we’ll double-check with Amazon and ask them to update their product description if possible.

Morphi

Augur
sqpm69.jpg

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Some guy asked:
Amazon has the boxed edition for sale, but is it the Deluxe Edition one or just a standard edition with no map and bonus goodies?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Might-Magic-Legacy-PC-DVD/dp/B00HT5WSPY/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1389969102&sr=1-3&keywords=might and magic x

Julien answered:

We think it is indeed the Deluxe Box, but we’ll double-check with Amazon and ask them to update their product description if possible.

Let us know (and post here) when you get an answer. Ordering from Amazon UK would be far easier than harassing Grunker.

Morphi

Augur

Some guy asked:

Julien answered:

Let us know (and post here) when you get an answer. Ordering from Amazon UK would be far easier than harassing Grunker.

It's not me, I read it here: (see comments)

https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/interactive-objects

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

Some guy asked:

Julien answered:

It must be the box edition. Amazon here doesn't have the game at all, which makes me think that the digital version is not on Amazon.

Which also means I won't be getting a box :negative:

hrose

Educated
Any mention on the actual size/length of this?

Is it Grimrock like <20 hours streamlined affair or is it a proper Might&Magic >60 hours with a huge world?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Is it Grimrock like <20 hours streamlined affair or is it a proper Might&Magic >60 hours with a huge world?
It it closer to Grimrock in terms of lenght.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Why not order from Amazon UK? That seems to be the route I'm going to have to go since the US isn't getting a boxed version (which is really lame by the way!!!).
This item cannot be shipped to the address you selected. You may either change the shipping address or remove the item by clicking Delete.

:negative:

I can have a bro buy it for me and then ship it, but it'll take more time, it'll be an annoyance, and I fucking hate Ubisoft for pulling this shit.

Morphi

Augur
Why not order from Amazon UK? That seems to be the route I'm going to have to go since the US isn't getting a boxed version (which is really lame by the way!!!).
This item cannot be shipped to the address you selected. You may either change the shipping address or remove the item by clicking Delete.

I can have a bro buy it for me and then ship it, but it'll take more time, it'll be an annoyance, and I fucking hate Ubisoft for pulling this shit.

Quite an PR fail, why don't they want these precious US dollars? They should at least explain it (evil lawyers did it or something)
Not that I mind, I get the Deluxe Edition plus extra stuff for reordering :D

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yep, just tried it myself and they won't let me buy it. Really, I don't get it?!!!

:x

I'm going to have to rely on my Codex bros for help on this one.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Maybe i'm late to the party but I can also buy a couple boxed version and ship them to the US. (Shipping from France)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

It it closer to Grimrock in terms of lenght.

Why are you talking out of your ass

The truth is that we don't know how long the game is yet.
Hold your horses. I just repeated what we were talking about many pages ago in the thread. We heared that it can be between 15-25 hours. Some people here were even butthurt, and argued that it is not enough content for a good RPG.

It this changed, I didn't know it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Never believe a game developer's play time estimates. Especially a year before the game's release, and before the game's release was delayed for several months.

I'll say it again: the people who enjoy "long" games are precisely the same sorts of people who play games very slowly, so official gameplay length estimates don't have much meaning for them. I know this because I am such a person.

Foxtrix

Novice
I was not making a Thursday joke, didn't even notice until you posted actually. I was elated at the fact that I only have ONE MORE WEEK before I play the damn thing in its full glory.

I'm having a hell of a hard time finding how to get the boxed version though. The MMXL site has drool-worthy information on what it contains, then a link to Uplay store to buy one.... and that link keeps giving me a server error. Anyone else have something more tangible?

What country are you buying from? I live in Spain and bought the boxed edition last week from the ubishop. I too was getting a server error. Don't know if it's the same problem you're having but I switched to a different browser and chose to pay through paypal and it worked.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Why can amazon not ship outside europe is what I'm wondering. I mean, I can understand it if ubisoft doesn't think it will sell in US so they won't actually make effort to do it, but does that prohibit european stores from shipping to america?

There's probably some stupid taxation/importing stuff going on.

Why can amazon not ship outside europe is what I'm wondering. I mean, I can understand it if ubisoft doesn't think it will sell in US so they won't actually make effort to do it, but does that prohibit european stores from shipping to america?

There's probably some stupid taxation/importing stuff going on.

Ubisoft gets less money per sale in EU vs USA, even if price is higher in EU, cause VAT. So if USA customers import shit from EU, they ultimately lose money.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
[What country are you buying from? I live in Spain and bought the boxed edition last week from the ubishop. I too was getting a server error. Don't know if it's the same problem you're having but I switched to a different browser and chose to pay through paypal and it worked.
The server error was for buying the digital edition, when I browse Uplay I can't even SEE the box version.

I'm really pissed off at the moment.

Disgruntled

Savant
Not sure where to ask this, but here will do.

Which will give me more bang for my buck right now; MMX, Blackguards or Divinity OS?

I know they all have an individual advantage over the other but I dont want to blow my cash on all 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom