Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MotB or SoU?

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
my new sig pwns

felicity

Scholar
I did not bought MOTB because NWN2 disappointed me so cannot comment. I may get it later cos everyone is saying good things about it...

I do not recommend buying SOU alone, may as well get HOTU+SOU together as you will want it eventually if only for the large amount of community contents. TBH I don't see much point in playing NWN1 OC, they are crap really I haven't finished any of them. Just download custom contents they are much better quality, and play online too if you are into it.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
ThreadNecromancer.jpg

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
SOU has lost its position as the worst game in the NWN universe 'cause SOZ came out.

SOZ = SOZZY!

Relayer71

Liturgist
SoU was mediocre, just a notch above the snoozefest that was the NWN OC.

HoTU was much better, the only one worth playing through, actually had a lot of fun with that one.

Haven't finished MoTB though but so far liking it more than HoTU.

MoTB > HoTU > NWN2 OC> SoU > NWN1OC

Have to give credit to Obsidian for making NWN2 a better experience than NWN1 but seriously, it didn't take a whole lot to do that. NWN2 was still nothing special at the end but it did have good writing, and a few fun characters.

Here's hoping whoever develops NWN3 learns from the mistakes made with NWN/NWN2's OCs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom