Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

MotB or SoU?

Amasius

Augur
Calis said:
That was my sentiment as well, but the thing is - he seems to be posting from a static IP that doesn't match any other posters. Portscan says: "no open ports / proxies", so the IP in question really seems to belong to the computer these posts are coming from. If this is an alt, he's using a different PC to post as EtCheveuxUn.
Well, access to a "virginal" computer shouldn't be difficult for many people. Someone who names his first thread in his first post here "MotB or SoU?" is either Andhaira or someone imitating him. And that this first post ended with "Discuss!" indicates a Codex regular too.

Calis

Pensionado
Amasius said:
Well, access to a "virginal" computer shouldn't be difficult for many people. Someone who names his first thread in his first post here "MotB or SoU?" is either Andhaira or someone imitating him. And that this first post ended with "Discuss!" indicates a Codex regular too.
True, but it's unlikely that it's an alt of Andhaira; Andhaira posts from Pakistan (dynamic IP's), EtCheveuxUn from Sweden. My theory is that some Scandinavian clown is getting a Swedish buddy to do this for him.

In other words, I blame Nicolai. :D

Amasius

Augur
Quite possible, though this isn't Nicos style. Hm, isn't Dementia Praecox from Scandinavia? Maybe it's him.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Matt7895 said:
I remember showing a few of The Witcher's art cards to a female friend. Ok, it wasn't the best idea. I had a massive hangover at the time, though, and I wasn't thinking clearly.

Needless to say, she thought they were weird and disgusting.

Really? My girlfriend found the drawings a bit over the top in the anatomical department. Otherwise she thought they were drawn pretty and rather innocent. Go and take that girl to a visit of a museum with reneseance art. You'll knock her socks off.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Please, give us some examples of C&C then."

Please use the forum function known as 'search'. This discussion is old.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Please use the forum function known as 'search'. This discussion is old.

Calis

Pensionado
Amasius said:
Quite possible, though this isn't Nicos style. Hm, isn't Dementia Praecox from Scandinavia? Maybe it's him.
Maybe. Anyway:
IRC said:
16:59 <Calis> hey Nico, is EtCheveuxUn an alt of yours?
16:59 <Nicolai> On the Codex? No
17:00 <Nicolai> I haven't made any alts since the second Susan's Twin

Lumpy

Arcane
Calis said:
Amasius said:
True, but it's unlikely that it's an alt of Andhaira; Andhaira posts from Pakistan (dynamic IP's), EtCheveuxUn from Sweden. My theory is that some Scandinavian clown is getting a Swedish buddy to do this for him.

In other words, I blame Nicolai. :D
Or it could be a lurker, or a former poster who got a new Internet connection.
EtCheveuxUn doesn't look like any real word - it's probably an anagram. We should try to solve it.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
You, of course, all realized that "Et Cheveux Un" in french, is "And Hair One" in english, or even better "And hair A" if "One" is to be taken as the first letter of the alphabet. Yes, of course you did. :wink:

Calis

Pensionado
Never mind. I know whose alt it is, but I'm not telling. Of course, this could be a bluff... therefore, I won't PM the owner of the alt.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
L0L you think I'm trying to convince you? The game(s) have been out for years. Everyone involved has made up their mind one way or the other. R00fles!

MetalCraze

Arcane
Volourn you perfectly know that forum search won't find c&c in NWN.
not only because you don't know the keywords that will find exactly the post with C&C in the main quest of NWN - but because there's no c&c in the main quest of NWN.

LastAngryBat

Novice
I think if your diplomacy was high enough you could convince Nasher not to kill Aribeth

but saying that no real consequence but it was definately a choice.

Micmu

Magister
Also, she remembers the ring if you kept it (no consequence other than few extra dramatic dialog lines).
Btw., Nasher gutted her anyway, since she was in hell in the HotU expansion.
Appropriately, for the cliché "MY LOVER IS DEAD, NOW I JOIN THE DARK SIDE AND KILL ALL" bitch.

MetalCraze

Arcane
and in the end there also were meaningful and important choices and consequences when Aribeth went all emo like
"please PC kill me I don't deserve to live"
and the dialog lines were like:
"oh with pleasure"
"no - you can be saved"
and then the mighty consequence of your choices!
yes - one consequence.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I am not quite sure about it, but the Charwood quest in NWN OC had you make a difficult choice which could dramatically alter the fate of a small town. Though I never really did it, so I can't say.

BTW, I am really surprised that there are people at Bioware boards who have played the NWN OC several times. That's quite a bit of torture to inflict upon oneself. :D

fastpunk

Arbiter
Wyrmlord said:
I am not quite sure about it, but the Charwood quest in NWN OC had you make a difficult choice which could dramatically alter the fate of a small town.

The Charwood was that place stuck in time, right? That was my favorite part of the campaign; twas a good idea. Too bad they had to ruin it by putting armies of respawning monsters between you and the 2 suspects, which made even this fine idea tedious as hell.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I actually hated that place very much because of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom