Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need help with NWN OC

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I decided not to be too complicated. Let's go with Fighter Dwarf.
High STR, 13 DEX, High CON

It was a heal potion spamming adventure.
Hired the rogue henchman - just to get the traps done and over with.
I was just cleaving stuff up while drinking healing potions as needed, because that's all what the fighter options at the start. I tried not to cheat with the R button.

So I spent most of my time just drinking potions to one-shot dungeons.
Course, upon completion I'd save the trouble and use the recall stone to start the next one.
So. 2 out of 4 down - and now I'm in Meldanen's Estate.
Whereby his apprentice spammed 3 summoned creatures, and 2 Ice Storms one after another.

I can't outheal this sort of shit.
And I died.
How do I beat this guy with a pure Fighter build?
75 HP doesn't seem to do much against 2 Ice storms that deal 30-40 a piece.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You're playing the NWN OC. You're beyond our help.

Slightly more on topic, I soloed it just fine with a rogue spamming traps. Fighters are kind of shit in 3e.

RK47

Patron
I know, but I had good memory of the forest chapter - felt like revisiting it again.
Maybe I should restart as a Druid and abuse pets and summons like crazy.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Haste potion. Anything to protect you against the elements (espicially cold for ice storm). I doubt the summons cna do much. As a fighter you are presumably wearing full plate. Make sure you have a shield. if you aren't and being hit easy use one. Don't be shy about using knockdown. Mages can't cats if on butt. Or power attack since he likely has horrible ac so keep hitting him and his spell will likely fizzle. Worse comes to worse don't rush in like a mad man and let the summons come to you.

Why not use a companion to help draw some fire away from you?

A mage in NWN can't have 3 summons at once so ignore the summon and just kill him and the summon will vanish back to when he's come.

RK47

Patron
I was unlucky to bring that stupid Bard along, she only has 35 HP, what a terrible investment of 200 G.
I should take that fighter instead, but I need the trap removal - it's getting annoying to walk around and getting spike trapped.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Potion of haste, potion of protection from elements, abuse pathfinding near doors and corners. fighter is still kind of shit though. Should've gone paladumb for the bonuses to saves or just rolled cleric, aka IWIN.

RK47

Patron
Yeah, probably reroll a Fighter/Druid for EZ-pet.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Cleric, bro. They're stronkest class in 3e. Especially with insta-rest everywhere. Heal always up, nevar die! Huehuehuehue!

Spellcasters givink you grief? Silence is a 2nd level spell. Self buff, then cast silence on yourself and go into melee. They don't get a save and can't cast spells.

I beat him with a monk. I just sort of...bum rushed him and got lucky with criticals, I think. I had the cleric woman with me because she's the least useless of the bunch (traps are a minor annoyance unless you got laughable HP, fuck Tomi), but she didn't help much (I understand you like your badger summon, but you're a cleric, you might wanna pummel the elf wizard instead of giving him more stuffies to vaporize)

On the other hand, the thug boss (the one guarding the escaped cockatrice, don't remember the region) was a major reloadfest.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Use Potion of invisibility to get close and whack them. Knockdown.

If you can't beat the apprentices, good luck with Meldanen who not only spams Ice storms, but has 3 Cone of colds as a power or something.

RK47

Patron
Cleric, bro. They're stronkest class in 3e. Especially with insta-rest everywhere. Heal always up, nevar die! Huehuehuehue!

Spellcasters givink you grief? Silence is a 2nd level spell. Self buff, then cast silence on yourself and go into melee. They don't get a save and can't cast spells.

I wanted Animal Empathy for the special dialogues in the wilderness chapter. That was the best part of NWN, I believe.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I don't even remember this encounter. The only encounters I ever had trouble with was an Undead caster in a tower in the wilderness in Chapter 2, and the dragon in Chapter 3. And I played a Dwarven Weapon Master specializing in the Scythe.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Especially with insta-rest everywhere."

Only scumbags give this advice.

"Playing a caster in NWN1 is a special kind of masochism. The interface is god fucking awful."

Idiot. The inetrface is best ever and playing a spellcaster in NWN1 is awesome. FUCK YOU.

Stokowski

Arcane
1. Knockdown (bread & butter attack vs. casters).
2. Run away while he wastes all spells on your hench.

RK47

Patron
I'm getting stupid dialogue lines at INT 8, is this normal? :lol:

nwmain%202012-12-20%2022-56-04-37.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yeah, take "Moe" Linu La'Neral and enjoy personal breathing invulnerability code. It's better option for fighter.

RK47

Patron
This game is pretty hilarious - the unintentional humor from having retardo dialogues WRITTEN FOR EVERY ENCOUNTER 100%.
This is a nice replay. I'm gonna push on, pretty funny shit going to every random people's house and start robbing them.
nwmain%202012-12-20%2022-53-17-24.jpg

Or perform a little eco-terrorism on the local zoo for the sake of 'nature's balance'

nwmain%202012-12-21%2000-59-10-19.jpg

Good game, gtg sleep nao.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Not to go on a tangent, but why the FUCK after so many years hasn't anyone hacked a way for ppl to use a full generated party when playing the game?

marooned

Liturgist
This game is pretty hilarious - the unintentional humor from having retardo dialogues WRITTEN FOR EVERY ENCOUNTER 100%.
This is a nice replay. I'm gonna push on, pretty funny shit going to every random people's house and start robbing them.
nwmain%202012-12-20%2022-53-17-24.jpg

Or perform a little eco-terrorism on the local zoo for the sake of 'nature's balance'

nwmain%202012-12-21%2000-59-10-19.jpg

Good game, gtg sleep nao.

Heh, this game had a few nice details from time to time.

I'm getting stupid dialogue lines at INT 8, is this normal? :lol:

nwmain%202012-12-20%2022-56-04-37.jpg

Probably took a INT penalty without noticing, happened to me after fighting the brain-sucker thing at the prison in Chapter one. It's pretty surprising when it happens, I think I was listening to one of Aribeths inflamed speeches about justice :lol:

I think you only get it with <10 WIS
Must be INT, my monk had beastly wisdom but his intelligence was just barely above "retard".

I think that counts as intentional, bro.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom