Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need help with NWN OC

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It's alright. I already crafted the Astral Blade till I get a Greatsword +1 . I have 2 adamantine in inventory just waiting for that.
And it seems like crafting these stuff is a good source of gold since it costs only 500 and sold for 2000.

Captain Shrek

Yeah. Monks is a good idea too unless you run into some weird DR they can't bypass with fists. Now I don't remember this, but can you forge GLOVES of adamantine? I am thinking not (in NWN).

Kitako

Arcane
This thread made me want to replay A Dance With Rogues. I still have it installed, patched and modded. Yay me!

Can't wait to get raped by old perv monk for 100gp. Or get diseases from sailors. Ah, the memories

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"either of those are hammers... but considering it's an arena like side quest they probably buffed the opponents "unnaturally" for the challenge. The easy answer is to forge one of the unique weapons at the dwarf's that deal some kind of elemental damage and roll with it."

IIRC, The monk is cheating viia his assistant.

Captain Shrek

"either of those are hammers... but considering it's an arena like side quest they probably buffed the opponents "unnaturally" for the challenge. The easy answer is to forge one of the unique weapons at the dwarf's that deal some kind of elemental damage and roll with it."

IIRC, The monk is cheating viia his assistant.
Oh. It's that gauntlet quest right? Yeah. He is cheating and there is something that can be done to take his extra protection off.

RK47

Patron
This thread made me want to replay A Dance With Rogues. I still have it installed, patched and modded. Yay me!

Can't wait to get raped by old perv monk for 100gp. Or get diseases from sailors. Ah, the memories
durr.jpg
DOOOO EEEEET~

Anyways, I found a funny bug in Chapter 1 - if you head into the Crypts and loot a sarcophagus, it'll spawn a mummy. That's normal. But if you put something inside..and loot it again! It respawns again!

nwmain%202012-12-22%2022-12-57-66.jpg

Allowing infinite XP source if you really need it. Around 50 EXP a pop. Worth it imo.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Anyways, I found a funny bug in Chapter 1 - if you head into the Crypts and loot a sarcophagus, it'll spawn a mummy. That's normal. But if you put something inside..and loot it again! It respawns again!"

L0L Only a Codexer would think to do a reverse looting of a coFFin. LMAO

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't really recommend the OC much though; I'd play the first, then the second expansion.

But like Volourn recommend, potions. Potions are really the key to low-level NWN combat. Consumables, consumables, consumables. Here's some good ones:

Bless
Aid
Divine Favor
Speed/Haste
Blur/Ghostly Visage
Barkskin
Shield
Bull's Strength
Endurance

They're all good, just stock up.

Regarding Ice Storm spam:

Use a potion that gives you elemental resistance, a Blur or Stoneskin potion and then drink a Speed/Haste potion, rushing the wizards and spam Knockdown on them. Works pretty well, especially if you buffed your AB prior.

I played a lot of NWN online!

RK47

Patron
There's no stoneskin potion. IIRC there's gargoyle boots though, so yeah I'll wait till I get that in stores.
And yeah, B.Strength / Bless / Haste combo with GS Focus & Imp. Critical is pretty sufficient to wipe out mages.
Just cleared a Creator Ruins with the 3 sorcerer, they got 1-3 spells off before I wiped the floor with them.
Though I kinda regret going Greatsword focus due to the low AC - always getting clobbered around in fights.

aribeth.png

oh, bioware.

Lancehead

Liturgist
IIRC, choosing the 4th option there doesn't make any difference to any future conversations with her.

RK47

Patron
me get it
me not stupid
me want to bang this chick see?

nwmain%202012-12-23%2015-12-57-81.jpg

but bioware no let me. :(

RK47

Patron
Is it the one at Charwood? I solved that one with retard dialogue.
No problems at all. And man, I forgot how bad the content padding gets in this game, I'm at level 12 and shit starting to give 2-5 exp per kills.
I must've slaughtered 100 ghouls in Luskan sewers alone.
And fixing a contraption gives me free unlimited potions - what the fuck?
Spammed around 20 Speed Pots before I stopped.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

KamelĂĄsĂĄ!
Patron
Why are you tormenting yourself like this, RK47? Pick a random user-made module - any module - and it's bound to be better than the OC.

RK47

Patron
Why are you tormenting yourself like this, RK47? Pick a random user-made module - any module - and it's bound to be better than the OC.

Cause steam sales suck balls.
:(

RK47

Patron
This game actually still looks pretty good. Not sarcasm.

yep gfx isnt that dated, but the armor does look uninspired.
i've been wearing full plate +1
and hasn't seen any reason to upgrade nor downgrade.

Looking forward to carry over my guy to HotU :smug:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It makes more sense to make a new character for Shadows of the Undrentide and then import THAT one into Hordes of the Underdark. Well, that's how I managed to get some joy out of the campaigns at least. The OC really wasn't my thing.

RK47

Patron
It makes more sense to make a new character for Shadows of the Undrentide and then import THAT one into Hordes of the Underdark. Well, that's how I managed to get some joy out of the campaigns at least. The OC really wasn't my thing.

You may be right.
Guess I go to SoU after this, I recall Animal Empathy did have a lot of application at the start. Even cows and dogs will talk to you.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
That makes it 90% more valuable than most skills in modern RPGs then.
Besides, it has an useful combat application - which is arguably its main use. That you get some other use out of it is just gravy. That's almost good, at least compared to what we get these days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom