Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need help with NWN OC

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hold your horses, Holy Avenger in NWN is nothing like Carsomyr from BG2.

oooh must roll Paladin/Cleric then. :smug: Time to start a new char. ^_^
Aribeth returns in HotU, you can romance her and you can give her Astral Blade +8 so who gives a fuck about being Paladin.

even if it's nothing like the Carsomyr - I've always got bored with the OC giving only +3 Greatsword - Dagger of Chaos. That's it. Nothing else. No variety. I crafted +1 Harbinger Kin in Chapter 1, and there's nothing else.
I hope they improved the weapon variety. It's pretty boring to just identify the weapons and see +1 +2 + 3 with nothing else on the property.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Just because of RK47, I re-installed this game.

Holy crap, RK, how do you even tolerate this game?

I complete forgot how nauseating the character-fixed camera was. You can't move it around, but only rotate or zoom it around the same person. It's one of the most clunky ways to control a game. Possibly among the top five worst interfaces ever. Since not everything is visible from a single angle, you are always forced to waste your time rotating.

This alone makes playing the game a depressing and irritating experience.

RK47

Patron
Hm? I finished it just fine, starting up my SoU run.
Good stuff.

Untitled-1.jpg

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Hm? I finished it just fine, starting up my SoU run.
Good stuff.

Untitled-1.jpg
By an interesting coincidence, I also finished SoU as a cleric.

SoU has perma-death of companions, so it really helps to be the healer.

RK47

Patron
you're joking right? when the companion falls in chapter 1 they still respawn in the clubhouse.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Lawful Good? :decline:

Best part of SoU is keeping all artifacts and double-crossing that J'nah bitch. Plus if you're evil she gives you information you otherwise would never learn.

Plus HotU is way more fun as evil as well.

RK47

Patron
Lawful Good? :decline:

Best part of SoU is keeping all artifacts and double-crossing that J'nah bitch. Plus if you're evil she gives you information you otherwise would never learn.

Plus HotU is way more fun as evil as well.
pssst... it's the only way to be an asshole and still be Champion of Torm ... pad that Good points with shit quest and healing wounded...then help the spirit in tombs...before looting their graves afterwards. :smug:
I'm aiming for Lawful Neutral

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I complete forgot how nauseating the character-fixed camera was. You can't move it around, but only rotate or zoom it around the same person. It's one of the most clunky ways to control a game. Possibly among the top five worst interfaces ever. Since not everything is visible from a single angle, you are always forced to waste your time rotating.
NWN2's increased options just made it worse. Cameras are best when levels are built for one view, whether it's behind the back or top-down.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"I complete forgot how nauseating the character-fixed camera was. You can't move it around, but only rotate or zoom it around the same person. It's one of the most clunky ways to control a game. Possibly among the top five worst interfaces ever. Since not everything is visible from a single angle, you are always forced to waste your time rotating."

FUCK YOU YOU FUKKIN' PIECE OF FUKKIN' SHIT! NWN has the best camera and the best interface ever. HOW DARE YOU BESMIRCH THIS AWESOME PRO NWN THREAD WITH YOUR PIECE OF CRAP LIES!?!

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Hey RK, you got the 1GB Community Expansion Pack yet?

It contains all the hacks that most of the popular modules from circa 2005-2006 use.

RK47

Patron
no im just running the official stuff at the moment.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey RK, you got the 1GB Community Expansion Pack yet?

It contains all the hacks that most of the popular modules from circa 2005-2006 use.

How would that help? The official campaigns don't use any of that. He could use NWNCQ to make the graphics prettier though.

Karmapowered

Augur
I recommend this.

Sits in your override folder, can therefore be added/removed with ease, works with the OC and improves the whole NWN experience by a fair margin.

PS: The screenshots on that page don't do it justice. Also since GameFront went fubar, use this linkie instead.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I recommend this.

Sits in your override folder, can therefore be added/removed with ease, works with the OC and improves the whole NWN experience by a fair margin.

PS: The screenshots on that page don't do it justice. Also since GameFront went fubar, use this linkie instead.

Damn. Jaesun, put this in the Mod Repository thread.

Karmapowered

Augur

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Oh, oops. I didn't see that. :bro:

I don't suppose you're aware of a similar mod for NWN2?

Karmapowered

Augur
Nope, sorry, not to my knowledge.

There are some essentials for me, like the Tcho's, which you can find on the Nexus.

Has been a while though that I went back checking the various NWN2 mod sites.

Wish I could be of more assistance.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Dragons in Neverwinter Nights are terrible.

A 3/5/7 Barbarian/Fighter/Weaponmaster with Scythe focus can instantly down the Blue Dragon in the Undermountain entrance with six hits, doing 80-100 points of damage on the critical hit alone.

A 20 Sorcerer or Druid with Shapechange: Red Dragon slowly and sluggishly struggles to kill a single Bullette or Landshark, even with all the druid buffs. When it is successful, it has 75% health.

It's a pretty good bet that a Weaponmaster of a much lower level could make short work of a high level spellcaster in dragon form, let alone a real dragon.

Lightknight

Liturgist
What is an interesting class to pick for expansions ? I tried playing SoU as a warlock, i think, and it was hell. Finally gave up somewhere in the slave dungeon.

Zeriel

Arcane
Red Dragon Disciple. They were pretty cool. I felt the same way about them that I felt about warlocks, though: amazing, amazing idea with tons of potential, but horrible implementation. (That goes just as well for its actual tabletop implementation, too, they're just kind of badly designed with a fantastic idea behind them.)

As far as classes, I always found a fighter/blademaster combo pretty fun for HOTU, since it's an expansion that's all about munchkinny loot collection, with the ability to enchant weapons up to (and past, I think) +10.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom