Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Need help with NWN OC

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Oh yeah, I use AE on a Dire Bear during the forest chapter. 108 HP free tank. Beautiful. :smug:

Zakhad

Savant
You're playing the NWN OC. You're beyond our help.

uninstall.exe

I want to murder everyone in this thread.

Lol volourn

People playing NWN OC is something I really can't wrap my head around. I started bleeding from ears after reading the first few posts in this topic.

The only winning move is not to play.

I can't really recommend the OC much though

oh, bioware.

Why are you tormenting yourself like this, RK47?

Seriously, stop playing this fucking shit.

Just thought I'd excerpt the correct/worthwhile parts of this thread for newly arrived readers, while leaving out the chaff. Everything else written above is either wrong, horrifically perverse, a deliberate troll trying to trick other people into experiencing this monstrous abortion of a campaign, or else correct but irrelevant, because you shouldn't play this campaign in the first place.

Honestly, there are monkeys picking mites from other monkeys' backs that are experiencing a better loot system than the one NWN OC offers. And a better plot, too. And no money goes to EA when they do it.

RK47

Patron
You'll need to drink a potion of fox's cunning in order to start the Trial quest in the next chapter.

I ran across that finally, and they didn't seem to write low intellect in mind.

nwmain%202012-12-24%2021-31-30-13.jpg

Note the INT 8 and the 'normal manner of speech.' Guess they overlook this one.
Pretty decent quest this one. I fucked it up the first time, then realize I was condemning the accused by saying the wrong things.
Missed the optimal verdict by a mark, 4 to 1 oh well. I realized afterwards that I could heal the angry guard's leg to get a favorable testimony and therefore a 5 to 0 verdict.

Zakhad

Savant
So edgy. :smug:

Here's a pity brofist.

Ahahahahah. :smug:

But seriously, I hate this game (at least the OC). I really, really do.

From BG1/2 to this. It was up there with Thief 3 and Oblivion as the most disappointing gaming experiences of my life.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would go back and play it. :(

Captain Shrek

So edgy. :smug:

Here's a pity brofist.

Ahahahahah. :smug:

But seriously, I hate this game (at least the OC). I really, really do.

From BG1/2 to this. It was up there with Thief 3 and Oblivion as the most disappointing gaming experiences of my life.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would go back and play it. :(
SoU is not so bad with its low level gameplay. HoTU is OK at most. What I like about NWN is that it is the first DnD RT game that does not force the broken party mechanics down your throat. Quite sensible actually.

RK47

Patron
Yeah it's my first 3rd Ed. DND. It felt great to be multiclass at will. I somewhat enjoyed it more than 2nd Ed. experience. (Not that the quality of the game BG v NWN can ever be compared)

Xavier0889

Learned
NWN with ToEE's interface would have been a dream, even if the OC had the same content.

RK47

Patron
So much discrimination in this game

discrim.jpg

But the monk henchman is such a brofist, if not for his 'really, really dark brotherhood'

grim.jpg

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah it's my first 3rd Ed. DND. It felt great to be multiclass at will. I somewhat enjoyed it more than 2nd Ed. experience. (Not that the quality of the game BG v NWN can ever be compared)
3e does work better in video game format I think, if only because it was designed to be more like a video game. I still prefer 2e for various reasons, but it definitely works better in P&P than in cRPGs as a ruleset.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can see that this was an era when Bioware was still trying to imitate some of Black Isle's conventions. The culmination of which was HOTU, with its Torment-esque final chapter.

RK47

Patron
Be sure to kill the gold dragon. She's the most rude and arrogant toward a dumbass character.

Dude I always do this from every Infinity Ward game - if this guy is an important character, do his quest, once you're done with his quest, save game and kill him for extra loot and EXP.
Dragons are worth a few hundred XP, a definite must kill. Nailed at least 5 in this game alone I think. Although that Double Dragon encounter in the finale was a bitch to handle - I had to kite them with hasted longbow +3 XD

RK47

Patron
oh wait. did i remember it wrong? let's see google... oh man what a memory jumbled. No wonder it sounds wrong. AHHAAH

anyways~ they took this part away from NWN2 i kinda hate that.

Erebus

Arcane
I almost feel like playing NWN OC again just to try the dumb dialogue, but my rational mind tells me that would be a terrible, terrible mistake.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"k. Well, that's how I managed to get some joy out of the campaigns at least. The OC really wasn't my thing."

Anyone who likes SOu more than OC is retarted.

RK47

Patron
I almost feel like playing NWN OC again just to try the dumb dialogue, but my rational mind tells me that would be a terrible, terrible mistake.

Yes, the low INT doesn't change anything during the dialogue - even your Persuasion check isn't affected by it, as long as you have high Persuasion, there's nothing stopping retards from convincing people he's right.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Dude I always do this from every Infinity Ward game - if this guy is an important character, do his quest, once you're done with his quest, save game and kill him for extra loot and EXP.
Sociopathic playstyles like yours are one of the reasons Eternity isn't going to reward XP for killing. :M

Captain Shrek

Sociopathic playstyles like yours are one of the reasons Eternity isn't going to reward XP for killing. :M
Yeah. It's not really a role playing game now, is it?

Captain Shrek

"k. Well, that's how I managed to get some joy out of the campaigns at least. The OC really wasn't my thing."

Anyone who likes SOu more than OC is retarted.

My Love. Are you serious? OC is terrible. SOU has the decency of being at less awkward about the entire story.

RK47

Patron
Not really enjoying HotU at the moment, too much dungeon crawling - I prefer outdoor maps, but the gear-strip at the start was a minor speed bump. I'm going to miss my boots of Haste - but otherwise - Immunity to Mind, Freedom is readily available from the start of the gears - saving throws are more of a 'Reflex saves' issues. I'm sure with 150+ HP, this isn't a problem. AC is still shit, but that's to be expected with the bloated STR scores the mobs get in this game. Seriously, anything below 30 is shit, making two-hander playstyles reliant on being HP sponge.

At least the upped the henchmen count to 2 and allow me to customize their gear this time around. Deekin and the Half Orc Barb seems like a good investment at the moment. Still missing the monk, I miss his Haste + Flurry combo. That guy is just OP.

Erebus

Arcane
Does HotU have dumb speech too, by the way ? I'm curious, since - unlike the OC - it's a game I may play again in the future.

RK47

Patron
None I'm afraid. I imported my char and didn't get dumb dialogue, I guess they realized it changed nothing.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"My Love. Are you serious? OC is terrible. SOU has the decency of being at less awkward about the entire story"

Toolbag. SOU introdcued Deekin. Deekin'. Fukkin' deekin. One of BIO's top 3 worst shittiest joinables fukkin' ever. Deekin. FFS BIO's answer to Jar Jar. FOR FUCK SAKES.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom