Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NOOOOO SHEPAAAAAARD

MetalCraze

Arcane
Turok said:
hope it change to something better.

With transsexuals being a new cool thing I believe it is only a matter of time before Shepard (and we) will get a chance to bang some real mangina in a Bioware game

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Wait, some of you actually think Shepard is dead? I thought it was obvious that the whole teaser trailer was supposed to be Cerberus propaganda.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Surely not Volly. It's like I'm going to promise my boss I'm coming to work tommorow but I don't actually. It's not a lie though just that things changed and by things I mean my mind. "

What tool. Did you tell your boss you were coming in the next day KNOWING you were skipping it OR did you tell your boss you were coming in the next for work EXPECTING TO DO EXACTLY THAT yet got hit by a bus therefore couldn't make it?

HUGE DIFFERENCE.

First is a lie, second is not.

Dink.

KurtH

Liturgist
Bioware finally have an excuse to recycle an entire set of characters, and they kill them off?! That's preposterous!!

Talonfire

Scholar
KurtH said:
Bioware finally have an excuse to recycle an entire set of characters, and they kill them off?! That's preposterous!!

They'll just replace them with "new" characters that fill the exact same archetypes.

Longshanks

Augur
skyway said:
But they didn't lie.
You can import your character from BG2 into NWN.

Except you can import only his name, bio and portrait.
Yep, it's pretty amazing.
I could import characters from any game, movie, book (BG, LOTR, Harry Potter)...
It was cool.

So no, they didn't lie or break their promise at all. If anything they over delivered :!:.

Arcanoix

Scholar
I hate to spoil this, but it must be done :

SPOILER!!!!

My source claims that a Geth shows up and "shocks" you. This is all a work-in-progress but - he's far from dead.

END SPOILER.

Given my animosity and hatred for the "retardification" of DYING in games, it seems this is only the beginning. You Didn't Hear It From Me. And Even If You Did, I heard it from one of my many sources.

EDIT: Edited original claim/spoiler - Source was pretty illiterate when they told me about it, but my second source was slightly more specific.

Arcanoix said:
I hate to spoil this, but it must be done :

SPOILER!!!!

My source claims that a Geth shows up and "shocks" you. This is all a work-in-progress but - he's far from dead.

END SPOILER.

Given my animosity and hatred for the "retardification" of DYING in games, it seems this is only the beginning. You Didn't Hear It From Me. And Even If You Did, I heard it from one of my many sources.

EDIT: Edited original claim/spoiler - Source was pretty illiterate when they told me about it, but my second source was slightly more specific.

Should just quit the game and ebay it the first time you die imo.

Andrej

Liturgist
The game starts you of as Gethpard - the Geth'ed Shepard and then you stumble onto an ancient civilization medlab that removes the Gethyness from you and you realize your past mistakes and you go out to fight the space squids again just like in the first game? Because, here's the shocking twist - as a Geth you were privy to knowledge of where the other Spacesquids lived.

The Genius

Educated
Volourn said:
"But they didn't lie.
You can import your character from BG2 into NWN."

You obviously don't know what a lie is. Things CHANGE. Doesn't make it a lie. Idiot.

Certainly doesn't make it the truth.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
Your all wrong : his body will be destroyed, BUT they have saved some hair so they can clone him.

ALAS he will have lost the memory of his previous life, so you can start again with killing kittins to gain Experience.

aries202

Erudite
On the Bioware forums, a developer has said that you'd better hang on to your saves...

My best guess is that Shepard is *dead* --- but not really dead. And that he somehow is brought to life again ---- if they do a sort of tribute to PS: Torment, I will be truly impressed.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
aries202 said:
On the Bioware forums, a developer has said that you'd better hang on to your saves...

My best guess is that Shepard is *dead* --- but not really dead. And that he somehow is brought to life again ---- if they do a sort of tribute to PS: Torment, I will be truly impressed.

You wake up in a space mortuary. You don't remember who you are, why you are there. You don't remember *anything*. You see a flying alien skull that comes to you...

Talonfire

Scholar
Konjad said:
aries202 said:

You wake up in a space mortuary. You don't remember who you are, why you are there. You don't remember *anything*. You see a flying alien skull that comes to you...

The skull says his name is Minsc, and crawling all over the skull is a skeletal little hamster named Boo who Minsc claims is a miniature giant space hamster.

bat_boro

Arcane
Talonfire said:
The skull says his name is Minsc, and crawling all over the skull is a skeletal little hamster named Boo who Minsc claims is a miniature giant space hamster.

Baldur's Gate 2 was the spiritual successor of Mass Effect!!!

Tigranes

Arcane
Yeah, high chance Shepard isn't actually dead. I've thrown my money to someone else's guess that he's faked his death for some sort of underground uprising shit.

If they do kill him off it's not a bad move. It would be really interesting to explore, say, people who were inspired by Shepard's deeds but after his gruesome death feel that adventuring and heroics is not worth it after all - or people who are glad to see Shepard gone, or who are engineering his death for political ends, etc.

In other news, global warming isn't all bad, they could look into having all-year female beach volleyball.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
They wouldn't reveal it so soon if he was killed, it's just some heavy-handed way to generate talk for the game.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
my bet is on abduction by the geth into unknown space (to weasel out of implementing any real consequences to all those fake choices in me1) and ability loss due to geth surgery/being put in the matrix/going undercover to help a geth carebears splinter cell.

feighnt

Scholar

"gasp!!!"

*Shepard jolts into a rigid sitting position

"oh!! thank god it was all just a horrible dream!!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom