Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Risen gone and got reviewed

Wyrmlord

Arcane

Hory

Erudite
Watch the "making of", it's sort of edutaining. I might try Risen just because of how down-to-earth the devs seem.

Licaon_Kter

Augur
i presume ( as i can't read russian ) the graphic settings are:
Bluum: Solar flares
HDR: UN-really high dynamic out of range
Retina Burns: 1 cone left standing
Eye Bleeds: Maximum Gore

does the game come with a pair of welders' goggles or maybe some fully exposed and developed black-and-white film?
:shock:

fastpunk

Arbiter
Licaon_Kter said:
bloomtastic :shock:
risen2009092811544135.jpg

:shock: You gotta be kidding me.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Eagerly awaiting the impressions of Codexers of this game.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Why don't they just use HDR lighting for special dreamlike instances rather than so liberally in the entire game?

Licaon_Kter

Augur
Wyrmlord said:
Why don't they just use HDR lighting for special dreamlike instances rather than so liberally in the entire game?
they want the FULL nex'Gen/RealLifeLike(TM) experience, 'cause we all know that nobody goes outside in the woods without a pair of solar eclipse glasses...

or maybe the marketing guys/gals are really drunk... FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

72d8a.jpg

This looks fine to me, as does the initial forest scene. Why use Bloom and turn everything into the first millisecond flash of a nuclear explosion?

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Paula Tormeson IV said:
Many people here who have never been out during a sunny day... I'm not surprised. Just saying.
It's very sunny in India.

made

Arcane
German reviews don't sound too promising so far. Boring story, faction choice that ultimately makes no difference, characters styled in the vein of Columbian drug lords - I can already imagine the forced lulz they undoubtedly crammed in there.

Texas Red

Whiner
made said:
German reviews don't sound too promising so far. Boring story, faction choice that ultimately makes no difference, characters styled in the vein of Columbian drug lords - I can already imagine the forced lulz they undoubtedly crammed in there.

Aren't you describing the previous Gothic there? Gothic games weren't much about the story or interesting factions.

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
Dark Individual said:
made said:

Aren't you describing the previous Gothic there? Gothic games weren't much about the story or interesting factions.

What were they about then?

Zyrxil

Scholar
complete lack of mini-map

I would seriously rather be thrown into a completely unfair fight against 10 orcs in the first 10 minutes than have my minimap get taken away.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Zyrxil said:
complete lack of mini-map

I would seriously rather be thrown into a completely unfair fight against 10 orcs in the first 10 minutes than have my minimap get taken away.

You mean like... in the first two Gothics?

Until you managed to buy a map, earn one helping out people, or stole bits and pieces of one, you also wandered around blind in the other Gothics.

What's the big deal?

Zyrxil

Scholar
Having to Buy a map is not the same as never ever ever being able to use a map.

Micmu

Magister
Please note, that Gothic 1/2 have world & city maps (static paper maps as items you had to find or buy) and not auto-maps, HUDs, radars, etc... It only has an arrow indicator for PC location and in one or two quests NPC marks a location on it. It is quite fun that way so it is nice to see they kept that design. Makes exploration and survival worthwhile.

Zyrxil said:
Having to Buy a map is not the same as never ever ever being able to use a map.

Knowing the standards of journalism nowadays, they likely take 'no automatic mini-map' to mean there are no maps in the game, period. Consider the source.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom