Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Pillars of Eternity, by Decado

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
To avoid any future misunderstandings I think Codex banner should be changed to "doesnt scale to your level, unless we review Obsidian game".

Feel free to submit your review to us about this game.

Ninjerk

Arcane

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Infinitron wants a better positive review for the curator page. The next one will be even more 10/10 gaem of the year.

:0-13::popamole:

Looks like we need another negative review, no two negative reviews!!!111 to balance it out.

GET WRITING GUISE

Ninjerk

Arcane
Infinitron wants a better positive review for the curator page. The next one will be even more 10/10 gaem of the year.

:0-13::popamole:

Looks like we need another negative review, no two negative reviews!!!111 to balance it out.

GET WRITING GUISE
Doesn't matter, those reviews won't get pinned

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
What a fucking joke. Why bother with yet another shillview? Just link to the Gamespot/IGN review already. No member of this forum will ever be able to "outshill" those guys (though some seem to be trying pretty hard...).

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Seriously as a rtwp game the only thing that would have made PoE better was a better setting. Character system is okay, and it really shines in intense battles in path of the damned, like Raedric fight, and I must say again I really love wwhat they did with equipment design and animations.

One thing I would improve in combat is just go crazy with extremes resistances, treat some fights , not all, like puzzles, creatures only die with fire, a wizard that can only be killed by a certain sequence or something like that.

But the pseudo 30 years war forgotten realms is meh.

I still want a Hyborian rpg and not that shitty mmo.

I dont get the hate PoE is getting, its a really nice videogame, maybe it should have been ignored by the mainstream faggotry

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Crescent Hawk said:
Seriously as a rtwp game the only thing that would have made PoE better was a better setting.

Case in point right here, you don't like RTwP and PE is a RTwP game for people who prefer turn-based.

At the rate the review is going it's basically just going to bow down and praise the system design as the next coming of Christ. Which is the last thing that needs to happen :lol:. The PM discussion includes a lot of people who like the system design and they're all contributing to that part of the review.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Codex PoE mega-threads are just marketing for PoE. Why don't you guys just get over it?
It is good for what it is. Nothing more nothing less and certainly not GotY material.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
PoE stimulates my prostate,
:5/5: / :5/5:

TBH only experts with experience should even review things. Games can be objectively good and bad; get your relativist shit out of here. PoE is just garbage and anyone with our scope of exposure to better RPGs should see that.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Are we really at the point where people who liked PoE are being called shills? Really?

No, just Infinitron and Declinado. So far.

When negative review is "not real" and positive (let's not call it slobbering) is true and best it's hard not to call some people shills.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Actually, this was just an elaborate SJW-feminist conspiracy to discredit the RPG Codex's most talented pro-Gamergate writer in the eyes of its most hardcore posters.

You know who never praised Pillars of Eternity? ANITA SARKEESIAN.

Weasel

So the Codex now has to churn out 'positive' reviews just so they can be linked to the Steam curator page? WTF is going on with this place. :lol:

Looking at the Codex Steam page someone might guess that it's a community that could be critical even of games it recommends playing, perhaps this is out of date:

The RPG Codex is a website dedicated to PC role-playing games, especially of the old school variety. Its values are uncensored discussion with minimal moderation, a critical approach towards the games industry (and, well, everything else) and a belief that the RPG genre, and gaming in general, has seen a decline in quality since the early 2000s.

But remember - odds are, something you like very much sucks. Why? Because this is the RPG Codex.

Perhaps the last line could be changed to:
"But remember - odds are, something you like very much sucks SUCKS is awesome. Why? Because this is the RPG Codex."

FeelTheRads

Arcane
...one can say that the historical task and political purpose of Sawyerism would seem to be this: to convert the RPG Codex, and the hardcore RPG fandom in general, against their respective wills, into a new kind of design philosophy suitable to developing modern RPGs.

Infinitron, "The Sawyerist Persuasion".

lol get your head out of your ass

new kind of design philosophy suitable to developing modern RPGs.

:lol: I heard RPGWatch is looking for newsposters, maybe you want to try?

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The one positive of the Jewish hand wringing in making a new review, is the not so subtle recognition that this review is a stopgap turd waiting to be flushed :salute:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You start out in 2006 by saying, “Streamline, streamline, streamline.” By 2012 you can't say “streamline” — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like class balance, no hard counters and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about removing degeneracy, and all these things you're talking about are totally mechanical things and a byproduct of them is [that] grognards get hurt worse than casuals. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the grognard problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, “We want to fix this,” is much more abstract than even the balance thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than “Streamline, streamline.”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom