Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Pillars of Eternity, by Decado

Kz3r0

Arcane
Actually, this was just an elaborate SJW-feminist conspiracy to discredit the RPG Codex's most talented pro-Gamergate writer in the eyes of its most hardcore posters.

You know who never praised Pillars of Eternity? ANITA SARKEESIAN.
So Gamersgate wasn't a matter of honesty afterall.

Ramireza

Savant
Continue your rabble, i dont care (as so many) PoE is one of the best RPG´s i have ever played.

Better then Arcanum, Fallout 1, Baldurs Gate, D:OS, Wasteland 2, IWD1&2 or SSR.

As good as BG2 or SR : DF.

Not as good as Fallout 2 or Planescape Torment.

My personal List TOP10 of cRPG´s :

1. Planescape Torment
2. Fallout 2
3. Pillars of Eternity :D
Baldurs Gate 2
SR : Dragonfall
4. Icewind Dale
5. Baldurs Gate
6. Fallout 1
7. D:OS
8. Wasteland 2
9. Icewind Dale 2
10. Dragon Age : Origins

And yes, i have played Arcanum.

791ea47c6aa302dbef2da01c27471d39.jpg

DeepOcean

Arcane
I will just ignore any review posted about PoE from now on because there is an IGN editor infiltrated on the site staff. Jesus, I tought VD's review of Wasteland 2 was way positive and glossed over too much over the serious issues and was already a decline ohhh boy... what little I knew.

Drowed

Arcane
Someone, somewhere, considers POE a better game than what I think it is. Good for them.

Someone, somewhere, considers POE a terrible game. Well, this is the Codex, that was a given.

Mortmal

Arcane
To avoid any future misunderstandings I think Codex banner should be changed to "doesnt scale to your level, unless we review Obsidian game".

Feel free to submit your review to us about this game.

Will this get linked in curator list to show to the 25K steam followers? No point for anyone to write anything since only the sugar coated advertisement will be on spotlight.
Reviewing games is indeed serious business roxxor review still not linked....

If one day a customer representative from Bethesda offer game keys and some cash , I bet it will get an editor choice award and a curator recommendation too. Seriously you should try to write them, link them your last batch of reviews to show them its not the hellhole of the internet, the terrorist state, it used to be.
Decado will write a nice new review for fallout 4 , it will not take so much time to do either : if the mainstream reviews of the game are any indication -- they’ve done well, If you don't like third person action mechanic, you will not like this game. Or rather, it is more accurate to say that fallout 4 won’t really do anything to change your mind on whether or not the mechanic is any good. The fundamental aspects of the FPS setup are all here, and in fact they are even more numerous than they are in the original fallout games....
Because overall we’re talking about a pretty damned good game that, were there no attachment to the fallout legacy.

You get the idea, add in sceptic nice conclusion for MMX : A must buy must play !

Maximized doritos effect guaranteed ! Who knows maybe one day one of you will be offered some community manager job at ubi or Bethesda.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I am literally laughing out loud at the idea a link hidden in a list of like 100 games is a "spotlight".

Latro

Arcane
Actually, this was just an elaborate SJW-feminist conspiracy to discredit the RPG Codex's most talented pro-Gamergate writer in the eyes of its most hardcore posters.

considering Josh Sawyer personally dropped 10K as a donation to her, that's actually kinda hilarious

Latro

Arcane

considering Josh Sawyer personally dropped 10K as a donation to her, that's actually kinda hilarious

:what:
He also dropped another 10K on Felicia Day for some reason. I don't even remember (or care) if the project she was doing was even ever done. lol

Cadmus

Arcane

:what:
He also dropped another 10K on Felicia Day for some reason. I don't even remember (or care) if the project she was doing was even ever done. lol
well, you can tell he's a real retarded nerd so it follows he would do something like this

zero29

Arbiter
...one can say that the historical task and political purpose of Sawyerism would seem to be this: to convert the RPG Codex, and the hardcore RPG fandom in general, against their respective wills, into a new kind of design philosophy suitable to developing modern RPGs.

Infinitron, "The Sawyerist Persuasion".

rIGkxjh.png
click on the image!
click on the image! heal! heal! heal! in the name of saywer: heal! click on the image!...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom