Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim review scans

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
The really sad thing about this review for me is the fact that "atomic" magazine is an Aussie enthusiast PC magazine with usually more technical articles (overclocking, modding etc..) than your usual run of the mill PC mag.

When they review console games it's usually because they're console exclusives. Yet they review the fucking xbawx version Skyrim!! :decline:

Barrow_Bug said:
http://ompldr.org/vYjViMg/skyrim.html

The end part with the Bro talking about how the true sons of Skyrim want to kick out the imperials and all the elves (grimdark) is kinda cool. So, the Skyrimians are basically rascist nords.

:smug:

And fuck this game for making me care.

It's only fair after the way the Dunmer acted in Morrowind. They were racist to even their own kind if they'd been raised anywhere else.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Dicksmoker said:
Trash said:
There is a new vid out there which has a slightly less tarded player. He also fights a dragon and holy fuck, is that bad. Crap animations and as soon as it has landed you have this big almost immobile beast just sitting there shooting out flames every few seconds and getting hit in between.
Link?

Bitgamer has it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Wyrmlord said:
I am trying to put in words what the sense or reason may have been in using majesty instead of plain "awesome". That's my imperfect approximation of what they may have been thinking, in all seriousness.
Simple, Bethesda PR asked him to do so, to stand out from the other countless aweshum games:

"This is not another of those boring awesome games, this shit is fucking MAJESTIC motherfucker! 12 out of 10!"

"Newspeak" from George Orwell's 1984. Nuff said.

Mortmal

Arcane
Title is misleading, this is not a review, you dont learn anything about the game, its just a salesman wrting some ad for skyrim. Shame ont he guy who paid for hat magazine really.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
If you read between the lines you can figure out some issues the reviewer had, like lots of repetitive & pointless quests, pathetic main quest plot, dungeons are pure filler combat and that horse riding is horrible...apart from the clearly stated fact that the AI doesn't work (no surprise here).

MapMan

Arcane
root said:
this is now in GG

:troll:

It always been.

SYqq2.png

GDagm.gif

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Switching to anti-oblibion campaign huh? Shitty sarcastic humour for the next 3 months? Yeah, wake me up when this shit is finished. Carry on soldiers

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Hurray!

Essential Skyrim tips:
Be racist.
Check!

Okay I'm ready!

Rhalle

Magister
hanssolo said:
wgorux.png

WEREWOLVES AND URUK-HAI CONFIRMED FOR SKYRIM 11.11.11!!!!

This is the Dark Brotherhood's message after you kill someone, right? Instead of the dude just appearing the next time you sleep?

Rhalle said:
This is the Dark Brotherhood's message after you kill someone, right? Instead of the dude just appearing the next time you sleep?
So it seems. I wonder if the Dark Brotherhood are still going to be that ridiculous group of skooma-addicted murder cultists or an actual credible group of assassins. That hand is like in Oblivion's rendition of the faction, but that's not necessarily indicative of the latter, right?

...Yeah, I don't have high hopes.

(Amusingly, for a group that's supposed to hate the Morag Tong, they seem to be quite attached to that "Black Hand" concept, which is related to Mephala. But then, Oblivion.)

Rhalle

Magister
I suspect Skyrim won't be quite as silly as Oblivion could be; I suspect it will probably be more thorough in taking itself seriously, be at least a little darker in tone throughout-- and that could lead to a better game.

But then, Bethesda...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Rhalle said:
I suspect Skyrim won't be quite as silly as Oblivion could be; I suspect it will probably be more thorough in taking itself seriously, be at least a little darker in tone throughout-- and that could lead to a better game.

And monkeys will fly out of my ass...

gromit

Arcane
Well, that's what'll happen if you keep letting people stick their monkeys up there...

I have to say, this review "contains no surprises" but technically does in how honest it seems to be about the expected flaws.

Sordid Jester

Educated
Rhalle said:

But then, Bethesda...
Recipe for hilarity.

This grimdark, gritty world where horses(and everything else) catapult as you kill them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom