Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyway, please...

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Never again bitch about crappy localisations of games in Russia, you double-faced whiny faggot.

Cause i have you busted. So here's what happened, Blizzard is implementing a new way of selling games in Russia: people who want to have unlimited access to multiplayer in SC2 will have to pay ,OMG, full price of the game - 60$. Poor bastards who don't have 60$ can still buy the game for 17$ but they will have to pay small monthly subscription fee and will only have access to russian servers.

Keep in mind that reselling cheap CD-keys from Asia or Eastern Europe is a big buisness, prooflink.

So i was looking at poor bastrads nerdraging on ag.ru forums and who do i find there? Our elitist friend skyway aka Metalcraze:

http://forums.ag.ru/?board=discuss&action=display&s=0&num=1270849956&start=75

Metalcraze said:
Íàáåæàëè ôàíáîé÷èêè áëèççàðäà, ãîòîâûå ïîäñòàâëÿòü âñÿêèå ìåñòà, ëèøü áû èõ îáäèðàëè è åùå è çàùèùàþò ýòó íàãëîñòü
Translation:
Blizzard fanboys are ready to take it in the ass and be ripped-off, they are even defending this audacity.

Wow, skyway, i always thought that when you bitch how horrible localisations are you are doing it from position of an elitist who is ready to pay the price of quality. Now it turns out anyone who is ready to pay the fair price for a game is taking it in the ass.

So, tell me, how can one person want quality and at the same time be against the idea of paying the fair price for a game?

relootz

Scholar
We all know Skyway is playing a role after we saw his gamelist.

Nothing to see here, move along people, move along.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Hamster said:
No, i really want to see his answer.

Skyway said:
2cnwqkp.jpg

KalosKagathos

Learned
The only problem I have with Blizzard's move is that proper 60$ versions won't be officially released in our stores: you'll have to either import a European box or upgrade your account digitally. Either way, I doubt the extra money will be spent on improving the localization. Besides, I'm pretty sure that no matter the budget Russian localizations will always suck in the foreseeable future. I simply can't think of any decent Russian voice actors.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
KalosKagathos said:
Either way, I doubt the extra money will be spent on improving the localization.
I am not saying that Blizzard will use extra money for localisation. For localisations to be good they must have big budgets, budgets depend on income expected by publisher and income = price of one game * number of games sold. If we want localisations to improve in the future we must move towards normal western pricing. People like skyway who refuse to pay more than 17$ are an obstacle to this, but are always the first to complain about quality of localisation.

I simply can't think of any decent Russian voice actors.
The ones involved in movies are pretty ok, so i am convinced budget is a problem.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Wow, skyway, i always thought that when you bitch how horrible localisations are you are doing it from position of an elitist who is ready to pay the price of quality.
Yes I do. $60* for a full game with a shitty russian localization is not quality. You are also quite a slowpoke if you didn't see me bitching about Blizzard selling a single game for a price of three in multiple topics right here on the Codex.

*There will be another version where you pay $30 for a game with a shitty russian localization and then pay another $30 to buy a full game.
As nor european version nor american version will be released in Ukraine due to shitty russian publisher it's $60 for a game with an attrocious localization total.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Nobody is forcing you to buy localised game, you can order yours from abroad.
But when we will gradualy force all eastern european gamers to buy games at proper prices localisation budgets will rise and localisations will no longer be crappy.

Idiots who oppose this are an obstacle to good localisations in the future and your are one of them. Yet you are always the first to complain.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
MetalCraze said:
You are also quite a slowpoke if you didn't see me bitching about Blizzard selling a single game for a price of three in multiple topics right here on the Codex.
Thats a bit different topic, but aslo bullshit. Since it is accepted that a game with one shitty six mission campaign is worth 50$ (oh, how much i hate DoW), Star Craft 2 indeed should be priced 3 times more. All thanks to bastards who pay full price for games with almost no singleplayer.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Hamster said:
Thats a bit different topic, but aslo bullshit. Since it is accepted that a game with one shitty six mission campaign is worth 50$ (oh, how much i hate DoW), Star Craft 2 indeed should be priced 3 times more. All thanks to bastards who pay full price for games with almost no singleplayer.

Good fucking God, how I fucking hate this fucking stupid fanboy fucking logic.

'THERE'S SOME WORSE SHIT (LIKE SHIT_X) THAN MY BELOVED SHIT_Y OUT THERE, SO EVEN THOUGH SHIT_Y IS GUILTY OF THE SAME SHIT, IT'S SLIGHTLY BETTER SO WE HAFTA PRAISE IT TO HEAVANZ'

MetalCraze

Arcane
Hamster said:
Nobody is forcing you to buy localised game, you can order yours from abroad.
Yeah except this means paying considerably more than everyone in normal countries. Hey man I don't mind paying full price just so that they will release a game with multiple languages (english and russian at least - even dirty pirates that Fargus were did that) and the ability to patch it in the same moment when the patch comes out and not half of a year later like the fucking 1C does (which is unfortunately a publisher for SC2).

But when we will gradualy force all eastern european gamers to buy games at proper prices localisation budgets will rise and localisations will no longer be crappy.
Are you that naive? Russian publishers don't have a single capable actor and sound engineer of doing even a bearable-to-mediocre localization (while in english version when soldier talks you f.e. can clearly hear that he's using a radio for that - in a russian version it sounds like he's sitting in the fucking sound recording studio and has no emotions at all. There can be an apocalypse going on on the screen and horrible faggot will talk like nothing's happening). Considering that they use the same bunch of actors for every game I don't believe getting a price higher will fix anything.

Who will they hire? Not only there are no good game VO actors in Russia - there are no good actors in Russia at all.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hamster said:
MetalCraze said:
You are also quite a slowpoke if you didn't see me bitching about Blizzard selling a single game for a price of three in multiple topics right here on the Codex.

Wat

Starcraft is worth the money because they actually have 30 missions in each game, not because there's shit out there that rips you off in even more.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Hamster said:
Maybe force all eastern European employers to pay a proper price for work first? Otherwise all you'll get will be a massive fall of sales due to the prices being completely out of touch with reality.
Also, aren't the people who do the localisations in eastern Europe paid proportionally less than people who do localisations in Germany, France, etc. anyway? It would make the budget, even with good localisation proportionally lower than in the West.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Grunker said:
Starcraft is worth the money because they actually have 30 missions in each game, not because there's shit out there that rips you off in even more.

1)"shit out there that rips you off in even more" is entire gaming industry of today
2) I don't see how your argument is different from mine. 30 is more missions than most recent games, DoW being just the worst offender

MetalCraze

Arcane
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Also, aren't the people who do the localisations in eastern Europe paid proportionally less than people who do localisations in Germany, France, etc. anyway? It would make the budget, even with good localisation proportionally lower than in the West.

That's right.
I doubt paying $500 to the same faggot who did attrocious voice-overs for $300 will change a thing.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Darth Roxor said:
Hamster said:

Good fucking God, how I fucking hate this fucking stupid fanboy fucking logic.

'THERE'S SOME WORSE SHIT (LIKE SHIT_X) THAN MY BELOVED SHIT_Y OUT THERE, SO EVEN THOUGH SHIT_Y IS GUILTY OF THE SAME SHIT, IT'S SLIGHTLY BETTER SO WE HAFTA PRAISE IT TO HEAVANZ'

Fail. Read my previous post.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Hamster said:
Maybe force all eastern European employers to pay a proper price for work first?

Wow, why didn't car manufactures ever come up with such a brilliant idea? Where's my 40.000$ car that europeans pay 120.000$ for?

Then by your logic we should have good localisations in games already, but we don't. While movies that don't have "eastern european discount" on ticket prices have pretty good localisations.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hamster said:
Grunker said:

1)"shit out there that rips you off in even more" is entire gaming industry of today
2) I don't see how your argument is different from mine. 30 is more missions than most recent games, DoW being just the worst offender

I'm not saying SCII's price-tag is unfair. And as long as I get the quantity of content I would expect (24+ missions), I don't care if they make 72 missions, sell three games instead, and pack the expansion units and similar stuff into those games. That seems logical to me.

What I'm saying is it's a shit argument to say that Blizzard are somehow good guys for doing they above. No they're not. They're just guys. It's producers of the rest of the shit that are bad guys.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom