Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sleeping Dogs

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The Protag VA is good enough.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Fuck this chink-chank-chonk shit. Dirty Ming? WHAT THE FUCK? is the Protag the only guy with proper chinese name? Or do we stick with Fatty Fong, Stinky Sai, and Shitty Pu?
Protag VA sounds terrible, too. Jade Empire: Triad Warfare. In before some badass dude in the game is called the DRAGON.
Egg Shen, Lo Pan, Wing Kong.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Fuck this chink-chank-chonk shit. Dirty Ming? WHAT THE FUCK? is the Protag the only guy with proper chinese name? Or do we stick with Fatty Fong, Stinky Sai, and Shitty Pu?
Protag VA sounds terrible, too. Jade Empire: Triad Warfare. In before some badass dude in the game is called the DRAGON.
Egg Shen, Lo Pan, Wing Kong.

MAJESTIC WANG

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Do you like wanging with two wangs? As for myself, one wanging is enough.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
So, I received the review PC copy for the game yesterday. I only had 30 minutes to play last night, but that 30 minutes wasn't pleasent at all. Don't get me wrong. The games looks OK, the gameplay seems OK (as far as I see from 30 mins), but they screwed up the coding for the controllers. I have a gamepad, a joystick and a flight rudder hooked up to my PC, because I play a lot of different types of game. But because the different controllers, the ingame controls were fucked up. I wanted to play the game with a gamepad (fuck you, I know that K+M is great, but third person games with melee combat and driving are better with gamepads), so I had to plug out the joystick and the rudder. But that fucking game still didn't work with my gamepad, because it only works with the Xbox controller, while I have a Logitech. Fuck you Microsoft for demanding the exclusive support of that controller. And fuck the devs for doing this.

And since the game is not out officially, I can't go to the forums asking others how to fix this with a mod or something.

Multi-headed Cow

Review? And a non-RPG? I dunno Matt, I dunno. I think you're losing your focus.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Seems like everyone and their brother-in-law who writes for the half-million gaming websites out there get review copies. Time for MHC and I to start some podunk YouTube channel, talk in wacky voices, and hype games!

Angthoron

Arcane
Seems like everyone and their brother-in-law who writes for the half-million gaming websites out there get review copies. Time for MHC and I to start some podunk YouTube channel, talk in wacky voices, and hype games!

"9/10 of my heads were pleased, solid offering, the ending mooved me to tears"

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
I'm not Ma....ah forget it. And I write for a prestigious hungarian PC site. :obviously:

I'm just kidding, we are not prestigious, even though we are well noted in our country. I try to bring some incline, but we are as mainstream as it gets.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
You can join MHC and myself as we take on Total Biscuit. Just work on a funny voice/exaggerated schtick.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Fuck Fuck Fuck! I knew I should have asked for a PS3 version. The K+m controll sucks. The menus don't support mouse, the camera controll feels wonky with the mouse.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Apart from the shitty controls, how is the game itself?
The graphics look good. Not a Crysis killer of course, but as far as multiplatform games go, it looks ok. The visuals have that Hong Kong feel. The main weak pont is the character modells, which are worse than say...Red Dead Redemption. They are on the level of GTA4. The melee combat is fun as hell, grappling and putting down bad guys looks awesome. The good animations help a lot in this one. The combat system is not that complex. Basicly it is Batman Arkham C. You have a basic attack. You smash it, you make light attacks. At the end of a combo, you can hold it, to finish it with a strong attack.You can grab people with another key, and hit them, or ram them into the wall or use some stuff in the enviroment on them. I can't tell much more, since I'm still at the beginning of the game, and haven't seen many missions. I'm doing some extortion right now for the mafia Triad.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
The vehicle handing is surprisingly good with K+M. GTA4 was the biggest pile of shit in this regard, yet they were so proud of their engine. Sleeping Dogs blows it out of the water. The melee keyboard control is starting to grow on me. But it could be a bit more responsive. Oh, and you can't jump in the game. I mean you can jump over a fence and stuff when the icon lights up, but you can't jump any time. During fights, it would be handy to jump. But I can't do that. The voice acting is good, and there is a lot of chinese (cantonise to be exact) talk (with subtitle), which adds to the atmosphere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom