Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, plenty of you wish to get 'updated' oldies, eh?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yes, but a 320x240 or 640x480 game scaled to fit a 1680x1050 space looks awful. I don't like scaling to extreme proportions like that.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Maybe I'm just too forgiving, but I don't really have problems with that. :o Fallout for example (640x480) still looks as beautiful like ever to me on my bigger screen. Playing games windowed is awfull though, I agree.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I just find it too blurry and ugly. I'm a graphics whore, I like my 2d tiles and sprites crisp and clear. :P

MMXI

Arcane
It's not so much about the resolution. It doesn't matter if a game runs at a resolution of 320x200, what matters is the size of the screen in comparison. If you had a 15 inch monitor back in the 80s and played games at a resolution of 320x200, then playing the same game on a 15 inch LCD of today (can you get them that small?) that is capable of far higher resolutions will seem the same. On the other hand, playing a 320x200 game on a 32 inch monitor (sitting on a desk), the game would seem even worse than it did in the 80s.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Excidium said:
I just find it too blurry and ugly. I'm a graphics whore, I like my 2d tiles and sprites crisp and clear. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom