Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thinking of replaying BG1?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Roleplay that shit. When Gorion dies, go to the stone garden to get him and back, and get a "nom" event.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You know, i could, but then i'd have to shoot myself in the head.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Roleplay that shit. When Gorion dies, go to the stone garden to get him and back, and get a "nom" event.
I'm more likely to roleplay the romance with Gorion.

"Death, that hath suck'd the honey of thy breath,
Hath had no power yet upon thy beauty:
Thou art not conquer'd; beauty's ensign yet
Is crimson in thy lips and in thy cheeks,
And death's pale flag is not advanced there.
Take off your robe, you sexy beast."

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Interestingly, in my current game there must be something that is breaking some of the quest scripts.
  1. The priest/mayor in that temple next to Beregost never accepted that I had a wyverns head in my possession - so that quest didn't get solved.
  2. The teenager Umberlee priestess at Wyrm's Crossing didn't have a conversation choice for me to help her against the fishermen - not even after I killed them and brought the bowl of water elemental control to her. In fact, I had to kill her too.
  3. The ranger woman who asks you to cull the ankheg population by 10 doesn't realize when you have killed ten or more.
  4. Trying to join Thieve's Guild is impossible because the old thief never spawns at Splurging Sturgeon for that first job you have to do for him. EDIT: Fucketh me, Narlan Darkwalker DID spawn, eventually. You just have to stand still in front of the Sturgeon for a while for him to appear.
  5. And you can't steal the airship plans from Oberron's estate because the mageling daughters do not spawn there. EDIT: the items spawned in the top-floor desk, making this quest super-easy since there are no pesky women confronting your thievery.
These six are so far, I've yet to return to Candlekeep so it's entirely possible that more scripts are broken or won't run for some reason. This is really weird because I'm using WeiDU and I'm 99% certain that I've played with this combination of mods before without the above problems. BGT, by the way. I'm using BG2 Fixpack, BG1 NPC Project, BG Mini-quests and Encounters, SCS and SCS2, BG2 Tweaks, BGT Music and D0 Tweaks so it's not some sprawling Megamod mess of shit.

Does anyone know of any console commands that I could use to force some of these scripts to run? I don't have the skills required to delve into the game files myself to try to find them. I'm trying to use Shadowkeeper to go through the World Variables but many of them are just coded so it's hard to tell what is what.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
You should check a couple things on the first two... I don't know if this is old news but, I believe you must have Coran in your party to turn in the wyvern's head and you must fight but not kill the priestess. She'll halt combat and give you the quest then.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
And here I was 100% certain that you didn't need Coran in the party for that quest and I'm pretty sure you didn't have to fight the priestess. Bummer. Oh well. Just finished Candlekeep and the rest, doing TotSC-content now before confronting Sarevok. Four fighters, druid and a thief has been a pretty fun group - especially as I'm going to dual-class them all later.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
2. The teenager Umberlee priestess at Wyrm's Crossing didn't have a conversation choice for me to help her against the fishermen - not even after I killed them and brought the bowl of water elemental control to her. In fact, I had to kill her too.
3. The ranger woman who asks you to cull the ankheg population by 10 doesn't realize when you have killed ten or more.

I think I stumbled on both of those bugs and after searching in the net found that they are known to happen. It was probably in SHS or G3 forums that I found the commands to enable the scripts via console. Do a search there and I believe you'll get them.

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert

I think I stumbled on both of those bugs and after searching in the net found that they are known to happen. It was probably in SHS or G3 forums that I found the commands to enable the scripts via console. Do a search there and I believe you'll get them.
http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=20878.

TL: DR, BGT and BG1NPC mods break Gerda's quest (kill 10 Ankhegs near the Fishing Village). BG1NPC version 20 should have this problem fixed. Now taking a risk and installing v20 over my current BGT installation after manually deleting v18. Hopefully it won't explode.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom