Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unity Pulls an Adobe! No more permanent licenses and 4x the price

Mustawd

Got this in my inbox. Should I move to SF?

Technical Accounting Manager
at Unity Technologies

Job description
About the Role:

The Technical Accounting Manager will be responsible for technical research, accounting documentation over a variety of complex areas and support external reporting requirement. The ideal candidate must have a strong technical accounting background, be able to roll up their sleeves, prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals and attention to detail. In addition, the candidate will develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management.

Responsibilities:

• Research, evaluate, and document technical accounting and external reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions, as well as general corporate accounting matter
  • Take ownership to collaborate with other groups and/or departments to assess the reporting implications of changes in US GAAP, ensure compliance with new and/or amended standards/interpretations, coordinate changes, and ensure availability of requisite information for financial reporting
  • Take ownership for accounting activities in specialized areas, such as: Equity Accounting, M&A, Financial Statement Footnotes, Statement of Cash Flows
  • Analyze significant contracts to ensure they are accounted for in compliance with GAAP requirements
  • Coordinate the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, accounting team and executive management
  • Assist with the preparation of quarterly earnings releases and SEC filings (in the event of a future IPO)
  • Maintain, update, and evaluate new accounting policies
  • Lead or participate in special projects as necessary
Qualifications:

• A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
  • CPA required
  • 6+ years of Big 4 experience and similar experience with public companies.
  • Comprehensive and current understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting principles and regulations
  • Knowledge of US GAAP accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley / internal control frameworks
  • Strong computer skills including Word and Excel and comfortable learning new packages and implementing new technologies
  • Outstanding oral and written communication skills
  • Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
  • “Roll-up the sleeves” approach in order to accomplish all necessary tasks

:hmmm:

EDIT: Meh, I probably need one more year of experience. For shame.

Mustawd

Do you enjoy urine-stained sidewalks, and shattered car windows?

Dude...I have a lot of friends who work there, so I totally know all about the urine. Apparently, there was a light post so corroded with urine that it collapsed and fell on a car; Totaling it.

Fuck SF. Been there before for a conference and it's dirty as shit. No thanks

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
Got this in my inbox. Should I move to SF?

Technical Accounting Manager
at Unity Technologies

Job description
About the Role:

The Technical Accounting Manager will be responsible for technical research, accounting documentation over a variety of complex areas and support external reporting requirement. The ideal candidate must have a strong technical accounting background, be able to roll up their sleeves, prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals and attention to detail. In addition, the candidate will develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management.

Responsibilities:

• Research, evaluate, and document technical accounting and external reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions, as well as general corporate accounting matter
  • Take ownership to collaborate with other groups and/or departments to assess the reporting implications of changes in US GAAP, ensure compliance with new and/or amended standards/interpretations, coordinate changes, and ensure availability of requisite information for financial reporting
  • Take ownership for accounting activities in specialized areas, such as: Equity Accounting, M&A, Financial Statement Footnotes, Statement of Cash Flows
  • Analyze significant contracts to ensure they are accounted for in compliance with GAAP requirements
  • Coordinate the annual audit and quarterly reviews with external auditors, accounting team and executive management
  • Assist with the preparation of quarterly earnings releases and SEC filings (in the event of a future IPO)
  • Maintain, update, and evaluate new accounting policies
  • Lead or participate in special projects as necessary
Qualifications:

• A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or equivalent
  • CPA required
  • 6+ years of Big 4 experience and similar experience with public companies.
  • Comprehensive and current understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting principles and regulations
  • Knowledge of US GAAP accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley / internal control frameworks
  • Strong computer skills including Word and Excel and comfortable learning new packages and implementing new technologies
  • Outstanding oral and written communication skills
  • Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
  • “Roll-up the sleeves” approach in order to accomplish all necessary tasks

:hmmm:

EDIT: Meh, I probably need one more year of experience. For shame.

Go, then embezzle and bankrupt them.

And SF? lol A company that loves to burn money on office space and employ incompetents.

Mustawd

To be honest guys, this job might be open in a month or two. I might consider taking it. If only for the free Unity license.

:troll:

But seriously, with my network I could probably have a 60% chance of getting this ob if I could do a good job of BS'ing. It probably pays shit tho.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Negatory Ghost Rider. The pattern is full.

What's worth more to you?

Financial Stability & Workplace Quality or Brofists? I've debated working at the EA office in my city just for a Developer Tag and the exclusive access I could leak for cheap brofist padding.
The Codex has already made me dead on the inside.

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
What's worth more to you?

Financial Stability & Workplace Quality or Brofists? I've debated working at the EA office in my city just for a Developer Tag and the exclusive access I could leak for cheap brofist padding.
The Codex has already made me dead on the inside.

Yeah, Unity is the dream job for people who want to get rich. Yup, sure.

Mustawd

Not rich, but it's a decent wage for the Technical Accounting Manager position. Probably $120-140k, depending on experience. Of course, SF bay is ridiculous expensive, but it's not a bad wage for the cost of living. Besides, it probably has some cool perks since it's in the SF bay. I have some friends who audit pre-IPO companies and a ton of them are just flush with cash. Free breakfast and dinner and other cool perks.

At least for accountants, the company going down doesn't really reflect poorly on the work candidate. At least as long as it's not littering your resume. So if the company folds, you just move on to the next job. Probably a bit more high paying if you move up in position. Just make sure you leave before the whole damn thing goes down.

Last edited by a moderator:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Stop being jealous, I'm still negotiating with SMA about that butt-pounding action you've been asking for since Jan 10, 2015.

Until then, you can simulate the action by using a new paid version of Unity and giving dollaridongos to Mr. R.

(Yes, Unity Pro users are slowly turning into anal slaves, I knew something wasn't right when they introduced that $75 Pro subscription plan.)

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter

Retard.

:positive:

Yes, you are a fucking retard. Any of your 3k posts prove that.

If you want money as a programmer there's a million much better places to go than anything gaming related. If you want to larp being a software developer (you'll never be a real one) at a horrible shill company then choose junity.

Unwanted

Bustamonte

Unwanted
Shitposter
Not rich, but it's a decent wage for the Technical Accounting Manager position. Probably $120-140k, depending on experience. Of course, SF bay is ridiculous expensive, but it's not a bad wage for the cost of living. Besides, it probably has some cool perks since it's in the SF bay. I have some friends who audit pre-IPO companies and a ton of them are just flush with cash. Free breakfast and dinner and other cool perks.

At least for accountants, the company going down doesn't really reflect poorly on the work candidate. At least as long as it's not littering your resume. So if the company folds, you just move on to the next job. Probably a bit more high paying if you move up in position. Just make sure you leave before the whole damn thing goes down.

It's a good place to visit and do contracts or better yet telecommute to but it's a shitty place to live and that isn't enough money to save anything there let alone buy a decent house.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Retard.

Yes, you are a fucking retard. Any of your 3k posts prove that.

If you want money as a programmer there's a million much better places to go than anything gaming related. If you want to larp being a software developer (you'll never be a real one) at a horrible shill company then choose junity.

Lol so dumb and mad too.

Mustawd

Serious question Immortal ....how big of a leap would it be going from your current job (something to do with software from what I gather) to coding for games? Is it very different? Or is coding just coding?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Serious question Immortal ....how big of a leap would it be going from your current job (something to do with software from what I gather) to coding for games? Is it very different? Or is coding just coding?

It depends but in general - Very different.
Game Developers deal with a completely new set of problems that you don't normally see on a day to day basis working on Billing and Payment Systems or Web infrastructure.
IMO - you don't actually need be particularly bright for most sofware development jobs.

It does depend though:
Writing low level game engine code will reveal mathematical / algorithmic / physics and design problems that many developers will go their entire lives never being smart enough to solve.
However things like Unity and Unreal do wonders to offset dealing with those issues.. I think pretty much any layman can succeed in Unity.

EDIT:

Game Development is more difficult than rocket science - John Carmack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcWRc1wK3gM

Of course John is referring to engine design and making efficient algorithms that accurately replicate physics.
Not making a pinball game in Unity.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom