Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming cRPGs

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
SCO said:
I just found out that Avernun 6 has quest indicators. In the map.

Decline reaches everywhere.

FFS! Is he going to finally update his engine to 1990's standards as well?

ElectricOtter

Azrael the cat said:
ElectricOtter said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
ElectricOtter said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
I'm playing Exile II demo from time to time. Pretty decent stuff, with lovely graphics :love: .
Funny, that: his earlier games have the best graphics.

Exile II/III are the best Spiderweb games, IMO. I can't decide which one I like more :love:
Damn, that sounds like 13 years of :decline: of Spiderweb games.
Not really decline. Just personal taste. Hell, many here have said that the most recent Spiderweb game (Avernum 6) was their favorite.

Although Avernum 4 was p. shitty.

Yeah, there's a fair bit of variation in what folks like out of Vogel's stuff. Despite his games looking very similar, there's actually quite a lot of difference in emphasis - the Geneforge series has an increasing focus on C+C and multiple solutions/routes/factions, with there being massively more options in the latter games than the early ones. Avernum/Exile series are dungeon-crawling focus, and it seems out of that lot there'e a fair split between those who like the Exile games and those who like the later Avernums (whereas in terms of C+C the latter Geneforge games are pretty uncontroversially better than the early ones - I still have a soft spot for G2 though).

I'm not sure that giving Vogel a mega-budget would work though, as he really does say some retarded stuff about what his 'ideal' game might be. I'd be more inclined to somehow fool him into thinking that he was designing another indie tile and then give some OTHER group a mega-budget to transport the design into an AAA engine.
Alternatively: Story, setting, writing, and engine by Spiderweb, graphics by Basilisk Games.

tennishero

Novice
dungeon grinds =\= RPGs
D&D =\= RPGs
MMO =\= RPGs
witcher 2= fuck no that piece of shit is a diablo clone with shitty C&C and atmopshere starved towns,.... using sad sex to entice the basement dweller community- not very good sex scenes--- at least rapelay did the sex part with extra fun

what are real rpg's?

JRPGs = yes
fallout= yes
oblivion modded= yes
morrowind modded = yes
games that are heavily story driven= yes

the greatest game ever made is fallout 2 and the second greatest game ever made is fallout 1
the greatest story in gaming is planescape torment

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
tennishero, do you heard about Arcanum? I want to FILL and EXPAND your knowledge about Arcanum.
Pwetty please?
I have firehose.

ElectricOtter

tennishero said:
dungeon grinds =\= RPGs
D&D =\= RPGs
MMO =\= RPGs
witcher 2= fuck no that piece of shit is a diablo clone with shitty C&C and atmopshere starved towns,.... using sad sex to entice the basement dweller community- not very good sex scenes--- at least rapelay did the sex part with extra fun

what are real rpg's?

JRPGs = yes
fallout= yes
oblivion modded= yes
morrowind modded = yes

the greatest game ever made is fallout 2 and the second greatest game ever made is fallout 1
I am now 100% convinced that you are either a troll or droog-kun trying to switch up his tactics.

EDIT: oh yeah, Skyrim is coming out in November so you might want to put that in the OP

SkeleTony

Augur
ElecTriCotter said:
tennishero said:
dungeon grinds =\= RPGs
D&D =\= RPGs
MMO =\= RPGs

what are real rpg's?

JRPGs = yes
fallout= yes
oblivion modded= yes
morrowind modded = yes

I am now 100% convinced that you are either a troll or droog-kun trying to switch up his tactics.

EDIT: oh yeah, Skyrim is coming out in November so you might want to put that in the OP

It is a decent troll. If he had ended it with the "Jap-faggotry = real RPG" then no one would have even thought about responding to the obvious troll but by adding in the almost believably confused stuff about "story driven RPGs" and such...he almost had me hitting the reply button.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This unit thinks the other units require an upgrade. This unit uncovered that unit 12853 was another copy of unit 9161 some man days ago.

This unit would also like to inform unit 8742 that Magicka was not released during the last year, but will be released during the period known as either April or March to the humans.

amaya

Novice
tennishero said:
dungeon grinds =\= RPGs
D&D =\= RPGs
MMO =\= RPGs

what are real rpg's?

JRPGs = yes
fallout= yes
oblivion modded= yes
morrowind modded = yes

Are you retarded? And Planescape Torment is overrated, just like 99% of fantasy stories.

7hm

Scholar
Dantus12 said:

Bethesda's ex Ken Rolston at 38 Games , known as the Lead Designer of Morrowind and Oblivion, together with R.A. Salvatore works on:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

http://www.manapool.co.uk/kingdoms-of-a ... g-preview/

http://www.38gamers.com/reckoning/visionaries

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/rpg-ro ... 10917.html

Q: What roles in the game design and development did Ken Rolston, Todd McFarlane, and R. A. Salvatore play?Top
A:
Each visionary brings a unique expertise to the team, and together they have made far more than just a game...

:retarded:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
tennishero said:
dungeon grinds =\= RPGs
D&D =\= RPGs
MMO =\= RPGs

what are real rpg's?

JRPGs = yes
fallout= yes
oblivion modded= yes
morrowind modded = yes

So, what's your excuse?

A hero’s fate is in your hands. As you explore the secrets of his immortality, triggering conflict and chaos throughout your epic journey, arm yourself with the weapon of mass information.
A hero’s fate is in your hands. As you explore the secrets of his immortality
Planescape:Torment anyone? Just kidding, game's gonna suck.

Nael

Arcane
SimpleComplexity said:
A hero’s fate is in your hands. As you explore the secrets of his immortality, triggering conflict and chaos throughout your epic journey, arm yourself with the weapon of mass information.
A hero’s fate is in your hands. As you explore the secrets of his immortality
Planescape:Torment anyone? Just kidding, game's gonna suck.

Or Spawn...

Reckoning is an epic, open world role-playing game that gives fans their first experience with Kingdoms of Amalur, a new universe imagined by R.A. Salvatore, brought to life by Todd McFarlane, and designed by Ken Rolston and his team at Big Huge Games.

Oh.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Fuck you all :x
E.Y.E. is coming! The best FPS-cRPG since Fallout: New Vegas! Almost as good as Neuro Hunter and Sabotain Break the Rules! Not to mention this... what was the name... Desu Ex, I believe.

:smug:

Seriously though, I really want to hope that they can deliver. Their ubershitty marketing reminds me of Deep Shadows' "strategy" for "Precursors" and "White Gold" gems (though rough) - "A Hilarious Guidance of How to Lose Money on Decent Undertaking"

Sad He-Man

Educated
mikaelis said:
Fuck you all :x
E.Y.E. is coming! The best FPS-cRPG since Fallout: New Vegas! Almost as good as Neuro Hunter and Sabotain Break the Rules! Not to mention this... what was the name... Desu Ex, I believe.

:smug:

Seriously though, I really want to hope that they can deliver. Their ubershitty marketing reminds me of Deep Shadows' "strategy" for "Precursors" and "White Gold" gems (though rough) - "A Hilarious Guidance of How to Lose Money on Decent Undertaking"
Yeah about Sabotain and Neuro Hunter. Are they any good even according to popamole standards?

Or are they irredeemably and objectively shitty?

roll-a-die

Magister
Tennis does realize that MMOs are basically the true adaptations of wizardry in a multiplayer form, doesn't he?

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Sad He-Man said:
Yeah about Sabotain and Neuro Hunter. Are they any good even according to popamole standards?

Or are they irredeemably and objectively shitty?

As shitty as it can get

SacredPath

Novice
Gamespot DSIII preview said:
To help curb potential living room fisticuffs, items and equipment you find during your travels are unique to the individual characters--meaning only one character may wear a particular pair of gloves or wield a specific staff.

lol WAT

internal logic != logic

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
May I suggest to make this thread sticky? I think it's rather important for most of the codexers to keep up to date so they can be cool kids all the time :M

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anything new? Are any indie games not yet listed there going to be released this year?

Konjad

Patron
Kosmonaut said:
Prosper's game?

Prosper's game is too prestigious to be listed with mere games like AoD, The Witcher 2 or Grimoire. It shall have it's own threads in pro(s)per place.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
When are you going to properly re-title this thread as Upcoming ARPG's? :P

Also, Risen 2 has had an official site for quite a while now and a release date. You suck at maintaining your own thread Konjad.

:decline:

Konjad

Patron
updated avadon, DS3, DE3, TW2.

but idk where can u find risen 2's release date, my dear jaesun

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom