Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming cRPGs

Dagorath

Educated
zeitgeist said:
likaq said:
Yep, that's the one! I just found an absolutely perfect review of the game.
It is a first game of Developer-Novice Media Art. I haven't expect some miracle from this game, but some of the parts of gameplay looks very well. It is good, that this game has 39 main missions, and it is bad that it has only 6 secondary quests. This gameplay lives on the foreign ideas. You can assemble some weapons, medpacs and armor (TES Morowind III). Main hero Hunter is strong bald man ( Hitman). But at the hole gameplay looks very well. The graphics of this game are poor, but it because the project has a small budget. Sound is always dull and boring. All the monsters are resembling and monotonous. An average game with many misses. You can buy it, but you will remember it not for a long.
This gameplay lives on the foreign ideas. :salute:

Strong bald man?

crazy_dave

Educated
Grotesque Tactics (2010) is out english version i think. A month or more ago too... And why is the grim dawn put 9.2010. I don't think it says anywhere that it's coming out this september... Tell me if i'm wrong?

Also does anyone (perhaps czech) know anything about czech rpg Inquisitor??? Website hasn't changet in last half a year. It still says the same shit... Does english version come out at all???

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I heard Grotesque Tactic is a juvenile, low quality game, that tries to parody some Japanese games, however it fails hard. These Japanese games are more funny, and interesting.

I'd rather play Disgaea 2.

zeitgeist

Magister
Raghar said:
I heard Grotesque Tactic is a juvenile, low quality game, that tries to parody some Japanese games, however it fails hard. These Japanese games are more funny, and interesting.
That is correct, and it's especially silly since the Japanese games it parodies have been self-parodying for quite a while anyway. I guess they tried to cover up their inability to make a real game by making a "parody", but it didn't quite work out. It looks the kind of amateurish that just can't be on purpose.

Dawnclaude

Novice
Wow Great , Zeitgeist you have no clue! You show us an 1 year old pre alpha screenshot

This game is great for an indy RPG. 78 % in the press overall. 75 % from Gamestar they all loved the humor and me too.
So better you support indy developers and dont blame them.

You can buy the english version only on the webside
http://www.grotesque-game.com
but a steam version is coming soon.

screen_20100625_2020352204.jpg

screenshot_20100625_1492142168.jpg

screenshot_20100625_1250253528.jpg
[/img]

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh bloody hell, I knew this day would come: indie games are MORE BLOOMY than mainstream :decline:

ElectricOtter

Dawnclaude said:
This game is great for an indy RPG. 78 % in the press overall. 75 % from Gamestar they all loved the humor and me too.
So better you support indy developers and dont blame them.
Assuming for one second you are not a advertising bot, this... this... trash represents everything wrong with indie RPGs. Great for a indie RPG? Okay, childish humor, bad artwork and "parody"? Parodies can't just be lame joke after lame joke. Combat? Tactical my ass. Characters? Stupid cliches. THIS IS WHY NOBODY TAKES INDIE RPGS SERIOUSLY! I can't believe the guy who supposedly programmed Gothic 1-3 went and made this. The story is retarded, to say the least. You want to see good indie stuff? Spiderweb-motherfucking-Software. Better writing than most mainstream RPGs in the past 5 years. Lots of games. Creative stories filled with lore, interesting locations, and excellent atmosphere. No bloom either. Take a look at Encyclopedia Ermarian! That's just from ONE FUCKING SERIES! Jeff Vogel (while he can be derp herp occasionally) is the potential savior of RPGs. Fuck Obsidian, Spiderweb Software has got it down. Think of what the guy could do with more money behind him! And don't you start bitching about how "oh you aren't supporting indie games that makes you EVUL", 'cause I bought Exile I-III, Nethergate, all the Geneforge games, Avernum 6 (eventually.), and I will probably buy Avadon: The Black Fortress.

tl;dr version: EAT A DICK, PLAY EXILE :x

ElectricOtter

Awor Szurkrarz said:
I'm playing Exile II demo from time to time. Pretty decent stuff, with lovely graphics :love: .
Funny, that: his earlier games have the best graphics.

Exile II/III are the best Spiderweb games, IMO. I can't decide which one I like more :love:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
ElectricOtter said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
I'm playing Exile II demo from time to time. Pretty decent stuff, with lovely graphics :love: .

Exile II/III are the best Spiderweb games, IMO. I can't decide which one I like more :love:
Damn, that sounds like 13 years of :decline: of Spiderweb games.

ElectricOtter

Awor Szurkrarz said:
ElectricOtter said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:

Not really decline. Just personal taste. Hell, many here have said that the most recent Spiderweb game (Avernum 6) was their favorite.

Although Avernum 4 was p. shitty.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Jim Cojones said:
There's a link to it on the German section of the site. Installer is in German but later you can choose to play with English text. Unfortunately, the game freezes on the loading screen for me.

That's typical German quality.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Added Faery: Legends of Avalon, a game some gay elf told me about.

EDIT:
He told me he's bi, not gay.

ElectricOtter said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
ElectricOtter said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:

Not really decline. Just personal taste. Hell, many here have said that the most recent Spiderweb game (Avernum 6) was their favorite.

Although Avernum 4 was p. shitty.

Yeah, there's a fair bit of variation in what folks like out of Vogel's stuff. Despite his games looking very similar, there's actually quite a lot of difference in emphasis - the Geneforge series has an increasing focus on C+C and multiple solutions/routes/factions, with there being massively more options in the latter games than the early ones. Avernum/Exile series are dungeon-crawling focus, and it seems out of that lot there'e a fair split between those who like the Exile games and those who like the later Avernums (whereas in terms of C+C the latter Geneforge games are pretty uncontroversially better than the early ones - I still have a soft spot for G2 though).

I'm not sure that giving Vogel a mega-budget would work though, as he really does say some retarded stuff about what his 'ideal' game might be. I'd be more inclined to somehow fool him into thinking that he was designing another indie tile and then give some OTHER group a mega-budget to transport the design into an AAA engine.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I just found out that Avernun 6 has quest indicators. In the map.

Decline reaches everywhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom