Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming cRPGs

Deleted member 7219

Put Mass Effect 3 under later or unknown.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And move AoD to 2011 please.
Why? There is no any release date for this game.

Cyclopean moved to unknown

Inquisitor added to unknown, because their site says it's going to be released Q1 2010...

If anyone knows any release date more specific than I have in the first post or sees that something is wrong please tell me.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Could you possibly make all the games listed links to the games homepage.

As in I didn't even know about Elemental - War of Magic until this thread now I have to fucking google it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
meh even on the main page it says:

A strategy game in an RPG world

this game should go. We already have a strategy forum.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Hey, Konjad, Arcania's release date is now October 12th, 2010.

ArcaniA's Release Date Revealed!

JoWooD's new CEO, Franz Rossler, revealed in the latest interview with Boerse-Express, that ArcaniA's release date has been scheduled for October 12, 2010.

He mentioned about the E3 feeback, which was excellent, placing ArcaniA in the top games of 2010.

Also, ArcaniA's costs raised to about 6 million euros.

http://forum.jowood.com/showthread.php?t=169657

Mortmal

Arcane
Jaesun said:

Why a strategy game with rpg element should go but an action game with some rpg element should stay... I foresee elemental as a much more hardcore true pc game requiring some thoughts compared to two worlds and arcania wich will be more than likely two buttons smashing.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Mortmal said:
Jaesun said:

Why a strategy game with rpg element should go but an action game with some rpg element should stay... I foresee elemental as a much more hardcore true pc game requiring some thoughts compared to two worlds and arcania wich will be more than likely two buttons smashing.
Because it's an RPG world, as in typical fantasy setting, not RPG element, fuckhead.

Mortmal

Arcane
Mangoose said:
Mortmal said:
Jaesun said:

Because it's an RPG world, as in typical fantasy setting, not RPG element, fuckhead.

A world ? Two worlds , and probably two worlds 2 was single player mmorpg, but not the kind of eve or ultima, the kind of theme park mmorpglike wow, it never feel like a real living breathing world barely anything is interactive anymore, its not a sand box but a cat litter.
Iin ultimas you could use dozens of items(read the excellent lets play,)especially martian dream. Now its just pure single character hack and slash.
Elemental has as much lore and generate you a new world to explore ,the fantasy generated map looks really great,the game has much more customization and characters development elements , i also expect it to have a real IA.
A little look there wouldnt hurt:
http://www.elementalgame.com/media

Mortmal

Arcane
I ll keep saying that stuff like jagged alliance , xcom ,stalker, or even space ranger 2 etc feels much more like a rpg even if they dont have the brand RPG printed on their forehead than those new action rpg or JRPG.
Also you should be aware hes also working on a rpg mod for elemental.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Elemental is the only game I've pre-ordered this year. Probably the only game I'll buy along with SCII.

Rhalle

Magister
VentilatorOfDoom said:
does the Witcher 2 come out this year? I'd rather think it was planned for 2011? Also, Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance

At the beginning of 2011. Won't it be interesting to see it go up agianst DA2?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
StrangeCase said:
To the Codex any game they like == RPG. Doesn't matter if it's a pseudo-intellectual adventure game with a nice story or a strategy game.

Psychonauts is easily the best RPG of the last five years...

Oblivion is the greatest RPG of all time. It's story is superior to Planescape: Torments story.

ironyuri

Has Dragon Age 2: 2Dragon 2Warden been added to the list of cRPGs that we are all eagerly anticipating yet?

:M

Shannow

Waster of Time
Mangoose said:
It's not even a fucking hybrid. FFS.
Character development system? check
Items found through killing enemies and then giving typical RPG benifits? check
Killing enemies to level up? check
Turn based combat? check

If Diablo is an RPG, Elemental is at least a hybrid.

And if Elemental turns out to have better RPG mechanics than all of those listed "RPGs"... well, then fuck your RPGs. I'll play the strategy game to get my RPG kick :smug:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Shannow said:
Mangoose said:
It's not even a fucking hybrid. FFS.
Character development system? check
Items found through killing enemies and then giving typical RPG benifits? check
Killing enemies to level up? check
Turn based combat? check:

Yeah HOMM is an RPG alright.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
mondblut said:
Konjad said:
Quality aside, what cRPG games are on their way?

none

none

Thursday
Many, but who cares, they won't get released anyway.

Welcome to XXI century.

HEY LOOK IM SO EDGY AND ELITIST THEREFORE IM SOOO AWESOME LOOOK AT ME LOOOOOK AT MEEEEE FFS!!!!!!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom