Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Walking around in real life - The Pokemon Go thread

Norfleet

This is getting bonkers. I mean, he wasn't CEO of Goldman Sachs or anything, but did anyone tell this guy that this is not going to enhance his life prospects? I can just see him trying to explain the year gap in employment history to prospective interviewers after he's done leeching off friends and family for a year.
To be fair, it's not as if the guy has a real career to begin with. Being a bartender and a barista is not exactly a real career with demands for qualifications and work history.

Mind you, 'guy quits dead end job to play computer games' is also a story that could have been written 10 years or so about WoW, so I guess there's nothing new under the sun.
There's a key difference, though. You can actually play World of Warcraft professionally and pay the bills on it. It's hard to say if you can play THIS professionally.

I was just told about this bullshit happening yesterday. Fucking hell, it's getting harder to keep track of all the insane shit happening with each day. Did any retard run somebody over with a car while hunting Pokemons yet?
I'm also imagining this scenario - ISIS manages to hack this app (provided those cretins have anyone remotely competent for that) and makes some super duper rare Pokemon appear at a location. A huge mass of dumbfucks storm over there. And it's of course a bomb.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hmm, unlike a concert, a mall, a sales event, a soccer game, a train station, an airport, a demonstration, a protest, a festival, a university, a fair, a...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So now that I have been playing this a while, I have a ton of duplicate Pokemon's and need to get rid of the duplicates. I would assume:

Keep the ones with the highest CP
In the case they have male and female, keep the ones with the highest CP for each
Continue to level them up, as well as Evolve them, if the option is available

Sound right?

Hmm, unlike a concert, a mall, a sales event, a soccer game, a train station, an airport, a demonstration, a protest, a festival, a university, a fair, a...

Pokemon bomb would be much more humiliating though. Hell it would probably even get some of the more cynical non terrorists laughing their asses off about it on internet.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/police-say-man-shoots-at-pokemon-go-players-thinki/1100-6441884/

Police Say Man Shoots at Pokemon Go Players, Thinking They Were Thieves
No one was hurt.
Last updated by Eddie Makuch on July 17, 2016
60 Comments

A Florida man fired shots at two teens playing Pokemon Go this weekend after apparently mistaking them for thieves.

The Orlando Sentinel reports that the man was awoken from his Palm Coast area home at around 1:30 AM by a loud noise. He looked outside and saw a car parked near his house; he grabbed his handgun and went to investigate, authorities said.

After hearing one of the teens say, "Did you get anything," the man--thinking they had just robbed him--stepped in front of the car, raised his weapon, and told them not to move, police said.

After the teens started driving at the man, he moved out of the way, and fired shots at the car, believing it was "attempting to strike him," Flagler County Sheriff's Officer Jim Troiano said.

The teens were not injured, but the car had a flat tire, as well as bullet holes in the rear tire, hubcap, and fender. The investigation is ongoing. Head to the Sentinel to get more details.

This is just the latest wild story we've heard about Pokemon Go. Before this, two people walked off an oceanside cliff while playing the game; additionally,Pokemon Go players discovered a naked woman vandalizing a church.

Check out the video above to see other wild real world stories stemming from the mobile game.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
So now that I have been playing this a while, I have a ton of duplicate Pokemon's and need to get rid of the duplicates. I would assume:

Keep the ones with the highest CP
In the case they have male and female, keep the ones with the highest CP for each
Continue to level them up, as well as Evolve them, if the option is available

Sound right?
There's one small thing you can do. At level 10 you get a Lucky Egg that gives extra XP while active.
You can save all the crud Pokemon like your 200 Pidgeys and Ratatas and then, when you get that egg, you use it, then evole ~20-40 of your extra crap Pokemon. The Egg will double the evolution XP bonus and you can get to a higher level really fast. Because rarity of Pokemon and CP depends on your level (decline level scaling!) this will let you get better/rarer ones more quickly.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
One of my friends has already spent $200 on this abomination. And every night I see groups of Uni students roaming around parks with glowing phones. Not to mention the loud chanting that occurs when two groups from opposite 'teams' encounter each other. Or the hundreds of stickers proclaiming their teams dominance in the area I see all over the place. On the news today in the morning there was some woman 'sociologist' proclaiming that Pokemon Go has been shown to cure depression. My local paper had an article about two people who hired kayaks to get to a 'gym' that's located well off the shore, but before they even got back 3 dudes put on diving gear, went out there and took over the gym.

:hmmm: Apparently huge groups of people are moving from North Korea to South Korea because there is some small spot where you can play the game, and that's the only zone you can play in, in that part of the world.

:hailcthulhu:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
:hmmm: Apparently huge groups of people are moving from North Korea to South Korea because there is some small spot where you can play the game, and that's the only zone you can play in, in that part of the world.
The 38° demilitarized zone minefield. Great idea to get rid of traitors who gave in to foreign decadence.

Kim-Jong-un.gif

Gerrard

Arcane
One of my friends has already spent $200 on this abomination. And every night I see groups of Uni students roaming around parks with glowing phones. Not to mention the loud chanting that occurs when two groups from opposite 'teams' encounter each other. Or the hundreds of stickers proclaiming their teams dominance in the area I see all over the place. On the news today in the morning there was some woman 'sociologist' proclaiming that Pokemon Go has been shown to cure depression. My local paper had an article about two people who hired kayaks to get to a 'gym' that's located well off the shore, but before they even got back 3 dudes put on diving gear, went out there and took over the gym.

:hailcthulhu:
One does not simply "move from North Korea to South Korea".

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
What the hell is going on with this world?
I was walking the dog, a black american labrador, and doing a usual route. Near a park, a car slows down and a middle aged lady asks me if i am looking for pokemons. If i am i should look near that rock. Then drives off laughing.
A few steps ahead, there was a crowd gathered. It was pretty late and the streets are usually empty by then, specially at that spot.

At least is nice to see, well behaved young people on places where once only thugs roamed, in the shadows.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
It's funny, since I am #FloridaMan, I haven't seen any crowds looking for pokemons. At the most it's people driving around at like 1:30am lol.

I did jog a few km to hatch some eggs, though. It was like having a Pokemon Pikachu

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom