Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Walking around in real life - The Pokemon Go thread

lightbane

Arcane
https://www.projectfixup.com/pokedates/

About Pokemon GO?

Pokémon GO is arguably the best idea of the 21st century. Combining heart-felt nostalgia with the latest in Augmented Reality technology, this game allows 2-200 year olds to explore the Pokéworld via the real world.

To play, you have to leave your home, go out and about and roam this world of ours. You literally cannot play without moving - and fitbits all over the world have been tracking record steps as a result.

While competitive, most users see more upside in collaboration and this game has been breaking societal barriers and making friends left and right.

What’s next for Pokemon GO? Well it’s obvious isn’t? Pokedates!

20952.jpg
Hey kid. I saw a rare pokemon in that alley. Come, I'll show you where.

veskoandroid

Educated
Oh you have no idea. This is not going away anytime soon. Most people are insanely crazy over this. I would imagine the amount of in game purchases for this are incredibly profitable for them, and will continue to.
Lol I agree with jaesun, people can be stupid, but you obviously dont see they can bee even more stupid. The catch is in micro transaction psychology. If you had to pay 20-30s now would you? Nope. People are not stupid in that way. But if its just 0.2 now, 0.5 tmrw, oh look better equipment for just 1.2 for catching that legendary eatmybrainkachu! There you go. People ARE usually stupid that way. :-$

Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nobody gives a shit though, only like 2% of players will ever spend more than 1-2$ total on the game. They make their money with the small % of addicts that drop thousands, like every other free to play.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
TOKYO — Japanese video game maker Nintendo Co sagged into a loss of 24.53 billion yen ($232 million) for the fiscal first quarter through June, despite the global success of the Pokemon Go augmented reality game.

The result Wednesday was worse than the 673 million yen ($6.4 million) profit forecast by analysts surveyed by FactSet. The manufacturer of Super Mario games and the Wii U console had an 8.3 billion yen profit the same quarter a year ago.

The Kyoto-based company’s quarterly sales fell 31 percent to 61.97 billion yen ($586 million).

Nintendo has warned the Pokemon Go perk will be limited. The Pokemon Co, a Nintendo affiliate, will get licensing fees and other compensation for the mobile game distributed by Niantic Inc, but that won’t have much impact on Nintendo’s income, according to a company statement last week.

In one disappointment for Pokemon Go fans, Nintendo and Pokemon said Wednesday that the release of Pokemon Go Plus is being delayed by two months until September. Pokemon Go Plus is a device that can be used when playing Pokemon Go, which lets players know when Pokemon are around.

The Pokemon Go game became available after the first quarter ended, anyway, and to play it basically is all free. But some investors are expecting a boost for Nintendo as the Pokemon craze encourages other types of sales, such as games and other content of not just Pokemon but other Nintendo products.

Nintendo’s shares have see-sawed since the game’s release earlier this month, as markets flip-flopped between hope and disappointment for the biggest hit in games in years. It closed at 22,305 yen, down 5.5% in Tokyo.

Nintendo’s earnings have suffered from lagging sales of its game consoles, including the Wii U and the 3DS handheld. The new console it has promised, codenamed NX, hasn’t gone on sale yet.

After years of scoffing at the threat from smartphones, Nintendo did an about face last year and entered that sector.

Pokemon Go is definitely the first success it has scored since that decision, and it underlines Nintendo’s potential. The game, which has players looking for Pokemon creatures in their real-life wanderings, is a good match for the classic Pokemon story.

Nintendo kept its full year forecast unchanged at a 35 billion yen ($331 million) profit.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nint...okemon-global-success-080251475--finance.html

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Next door neighbor had a crappy day and messaged me and wanted to see if we wanted to go to the local bar for a few drinks.

Head to the local bar, have a few drinks, randomly decide to open the Pokemon GO app..... a fucking Pikachu shows up. I stop and say HOLY FUCKING SHIT, JUST ONE MINUTE!

I now have a Pikachu, thanks to her. :shittydog:

Mozg

Arcane
Jaesun I don't think that Benjamin Franklin quote in your signature can be correct. He died a long time before the germ theory of disease for one thing.

And I look it up on a Wikiquote talk page and it agrees with me and says the word bacteria was coined in 1838. Please confirm you heard Benjamin Franklin say this. I am a wet blanket

Mozg

Arcane
Attribute it to richard feynman instead

He was a sophisticated womanizing scientist that had both pseudo-folksy wisdom AND the germ theory of disease to hand

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There was some update today and suddenly I lost all my levels and pokemen.... What in the fuck?

Be sure to check what email account you are logged in as.... :M

Last edited:

kris

Arcane
Since you guys never leave the house I think you have no idea just how huge this is. Millions and millions of people; thousands in the parks, hundreds in the street corners. Especially in Australia. Once it is released in Asia it's the end of the world.

some of us dont live in a faggy place. I am yet to see this, but the only parks i been to recently are national parks. It only look huge in a million+ people city I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom