Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What old-old RPG would benefit greatly from a remake?

Imbecile

Arbiter
Its 1993, but a Hired Guns remake with some first person co-operative play (up to 4 players!) could be great.

Also, not strictly an RPG, but I'd love to see Midwinter 1 or 2 remade.

Captain Shrek

Surf Solar said:
Captain Shrek said:
Surf Solar said:

Because the potential is IMMENSE.

Potential for incredible failures, yes.
Just leave the "oldies", they are already good as they are for fuck sake.

Well, I meant remade is the sense that is approved by fans not by Todd.

Captain Shrek

Commissar Draco said:
Fallout New Vegas done on TW2 engine. :smug:

:x

As if it isn't bad enough that I have to play other games on TPS views.

Marobug

Tel Velothi said:
I think remake of Daggerfall would be amazing.

I mean "remake" not by nowadays idiot-friendly, shitty game developers, but by some real passionates with skills.

Hurr...ya know, not every modern developer is shitty and idiot-friendly. Unless your perception of "modern developer" is stuck exclusively on bioware and bethesda.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Marobug said:
Tel Velothi said:
I think remake of Daggerfall would be amazing.

I mean "remake" not by nowadays idiot-friendly, shitty game developers, but by some real passionates with skills.

Hurr...ya know, not every modern developer is shitty and idiot-friendly. Unless your perception of "modern developer" is stuck exclusively on bioware and bethesda.
Yeah, but I think this thread is for discussing which old games would benefit the most from a remake in "ideal situations".

Johannes

Arcane
Daemongar said:
Johannes said:
Daemongar said:
The systems depart in that Wasteland allowed parties to split up, so some could fight melee while others used ranged combat. There were other differences as well. Also, you could recruit enemies to your party in Wasteland, unlike BT.
You can't recruit enemies, even if the button shows up. Better way to put it would be that you can attack recruitable characters.
Sorry, I phrased that wrong. You could recruit some NPC's that were embattled with you. There is a girl in an alley in Needles who springs to mind who will join your party, even if you are in a fight with "Leather Thugs" or whatever they were. Maybe this just means I need to run through this again.
No, that girl isn't an enemy - she doesn't attack you unless you attack her first.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I'd kind of like to see a remake of Dungeon Siege 1.

Only switching genres from "screensaver" to "turn based tactical RPG".

I guess it wouldn't be worth it though. Sure, that engine does some really pretty terrain, but the interface problems that come from having to constantly fight the stupid 3d camera would make it better to use another engine.

Garm

Learned
Darklands with a better UI and Fallout 2 graphics quality would be amazing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom