Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wildstar - Next NCSoft MMORPG

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
You know how you sometimes just want to do something really fucking stupid?
I know I won't like the game. 45 euros isn't a lot of cash but...

Yeah, I just did something really fucking stupid.
Goddammit bro, with magic help of Kinguin, you could've done the same very stupid thing but 12e cheaper!
don't involve smarts into my stupid fucking decisions

Angthoron

Arcane
Oh, didn't know about that. Well, that will make up for some delicious butthurt. Ganking someone and then reading his rants... ahhhh, this is going to be good :smug:

Damn, didn't even think of that. Amazing source of entertainment! I remember back in Vanilla WoW days people made macros to be able to cross-faction tell the opponents something witty like "Anal gnoll" and how someone would create an alt to start telling how it's not cool to be doing that. Ah, good old days of carebear RP servers.

As I said, haven't experienced any PvP yet. I hope that it will finally have some cool open PvP again though, most MMOs are missing this unfortunately.
Yeah. At least the zones, especially capital city entrances, seem essentially designed for massive capital attacks - there's some entrances with HUGE stretches of land with nothing to get in the way, and then a few giant guards to slow down the advance of a sudden raid. Of course, I do wonder - there's supposed to be some sort of a "Teleport to party member" mechanic of teleports and summons, that might screw up a lot of defense planning.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
ok, playing on Ravenous, PvP. only EU server with high population and no queue.

Avellion

Erudite
The store I pre-purchased my key from has closed down, before they could send it...

:x

I hope this means I will still get my game. One of my friends always play on RP-PvP servers so we will pick one of them. How many english speaking ones are there?

Angthoron

Arcane
No RP-PVP servers so far, I think, only one RP-PVE, but this is pre-launch. What store was this? If you were buying through Kinguin, lodge a complaint, they're usually all over the case quickly.

And I think there were 5 or 6 EN servers up already, and most of them seemed pretty full last night.

Avellion

Erudite
What store was this? If you were buying through Kinguin, lodge a complaint, they're usually all over the case quickly.
Codesnstuff, sent a complaint, they usually respond less than an hour.

As for the servers, I will ask him then whether he wants his RP rules or his world PvP then. Of course, Roleplaying on non RP servers can be really amusing at times watching people's reactions to you and your RP buddies.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Of course, I do wonder - there's supposed to be some sort of a "Teleport to party member" mechanic of teleports and summons, that might screw up a lot of defense planning.

Fixed easily enough, just disable those mechanics in certain areas if it gets bothersome enough (maybe they already are).

I'd like a trial key as well if someone has one to spare once they become available, I'd rather test before purchase.

Where from? G2A purchases don't include the headstart access anymore.

Last edited:

Angthoron

Arcane

Where from? G2A purchases don't include the headstart access anymore.
Judging by the price, directly from the site.

Kinguin was still selling preorder keys today, unless they forgot to change the banner.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It has kinda a smooth start, not if you are in Hazak PvP En server like us... Need to login early in the morning to get in without long queues.
How did they think it was a good idea to start with only one(1!) En PvP server I can't fathom... Now there are 4 and they are all full...
Other than that optimisation has vastly improved, only had 1-2 small spikes and haven't encountered a big bug.

Angthoron

Arcane
Gotta say that one of my bigger issues - scarcity of resources - seems to have been addressed. Spawn rate of nodes and their density are much improved now, so much so that I'm starting to question my decision of making a double gatherer.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
...so, who likes raiding?
NaNBVbE.jpgp

RK47

Patron
6a00d83451b52369e2019b03296647970d-550wi

I sense fear in you... what's wrong?

Angthoron

Arcane
NaNBVbE.jpgp
Aw man, this is AWESOME!

75 minute time limit for silver in a DUNGEON? Awwwh yeah.

And I hear dungeons are hard as fuck and when people began to moan about it and asked devs for nerfs devs basically told them to do something else instead.

:greatjob:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Good on them. Team said they have a year worth of raid content already and I might actually believe them if they continue using this and gating of some kind. it's called "not having your players power through everything during their free month".

RK47

Patron
And if they still manage to come close to beating it before the next content patch, it's time to introduce some fixes and buf- I mean... tweaks to the boss resistances and character skills. Balancing is an on-going process after all.

Angthoron

Arcane
And if they still manage to come close to beating it before the next content patch, it's time to introduce some fixes and buf- I mean... tweaks to the boss resistances and character skills. Balancing is an on-going process after all.
I'm sure a few hardcore guilds will manage this, especially the ones with WoW and GW2 mixed backgrounds. A part of me regrets rolling on an RP server, but hey, that just means that there it could be my guild.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
There were already some 50s yesterday (no lifers at its finest!) so I'm pretty sure some of them will be ready in first month. Only thing that delay them will be eldan gems which is limiited to 150 for a week. (a n evil way to halt progress and add content :))

abija

Prophet
I just find it hard to believe a team of devs can be so retarded. Attunements in general aren't well liked by the players, especially if they involve grinding. Taking the concept to 11 it's... baffling.

Angthoron

Arcane
I just find it hard to believe a team of devs can be so retarded. Attunements in general aren't well liked by the players, especially if they involve grinding. Taking the concept to 11 it's... baffling.
That attunement list shows very little grinding actually, except for the rep, which is also very easily attained, by L50 you should be well on the way to having it.

Avellion

Erudite

I dont know what the best part there is, the fact that there are some obvious idiot filters stopping bad DPS from raiding with me (when I outdps you, you are doing something wrong) or the fact that dungeons take longer than 20 minutes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom