Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Video leaked

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dicksmoker said:
The Witcher didn't have more dialogue options than Mass Effect.

This is up for debate

ME0076.jpg

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
What happened to yarpen's CdProjekt dev tag? Did you get fired yarpen? :(

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Looks good enough. Too early to judge. Immediately noticed the horrible Mass Effect dialogue and kinda got a shock when he said something entirely different than the option you picked.
Geralt's voice is horrible. Obviously a placeholder since it doesn't sound remotely similar to the original.
Combat - well, it's okay I guess. Didn't mind the original's. Do hope they don't include so much filler encounters like those constantly spawning drowned in the swamp... urgh.

Other than that, it looks good. Art design is great. NPC reactions to shit you do look good. Not much more to see in that video. It's an alpha, so... yeah.

Lannister

Novice
This is really great news, but please CD-Projekt, if you`re out there, please change this new ridiculous hairstyle, with this Top-Knot/Braid he looks like a dandy with a sword....or like a kender ( Dragonlance`s tasslehoff burrfoot comes to mind)

L.

Erebus

Arcane
The fights sure don't look different from what they are in the first game. Maybe we're not looking at the final version of the combat system ? And what will they do with Geralt's stats and powers ? He can't get amnesia again to explain why he isn't as powerful as he should be at the beginning of the game !

I suspect the cut-scenes in combat and the blood on the "camera" will get pretty annoying if they're done too often.

Other than that, it looks good. Well, they didn't say a word about the plot, C&C and well-developed characters, so we'll have to hope they don't forget that these elements may be almost as important to some players as seeing half a dozen guards react in retarded ways to you blowing up some random shit.

yarpen

Novice
asper said:
What happened to yarpen's CdProjekt dev tag? Did you get fired yarpen? :(
Nah, I left like 6 months ago (..and no, it was not me who leaked it :) I left on good terms, so no reasons for that).

DraQ

Arcane
Blood - sucky and possibly intrusive gimmick, it was better in TW1.

QTE - da fuck? :|

Dragons - I hope they'll remain faithful towards the universe and let Geralt remain true to his stance regarding dragons in the books.

Otherwise I remain optimistic and hope the CDPR devs are monitoring this thread on our prestigious magazine's forum.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
DraQ said:
Dragons - I hope they'll remain faithful towards the universe and let Geralt remain true to his stance regarding dragons in the books.
I'd rather have a choice what Geralt stance is. That's one of the reasons CD-Projekt have used amnesia cliché in The Witcher, isn't it? To give player some freedom and not having to act always according to what would Geralt from the books do.

DraQ

Arcane
Jim Cojones said:
DraQ said:
I'd rather have a choice what Geralt stance is. That's one of the reasons CD-Projekt have used amnesia cliché in The Witcher, isn't it? To give player some freedom and not having to act always according to what would Geralt from the books do.
That's why I used the word "let". :cool:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Looks like TW2 is going to be even shittier than the prequel. It now looks more and more like a console slasher with unlockables.

Monocause said:
- Blood. "We're gonna give the players what they want - more blood". What the fuck, CDP? Did you borrow the marketing department from Bioware?
Wait till they add sex. Oh wai

The Ticktockman

Scholar
1eyedking said:
The Ticktockman said:
1eyedking said:
Dialogue seems to have taken a BioWarish turn and that is unforgivable.

lolwut.
Maybe you didn't pay attention (understandable - too much blood, QTE, and other unwanted crap).

In the original Witcher, Geralt would say to the NPC the exact same line which you picked. Yes, at times he would have his way and carry the conversation forward without you choosing any line, but this is pretty much the same as Fallout's fake one-choice conversation carriers.

In this video:

"You'd best stay with me."

Line picked: "Believe me, I'd really like to."

Line spoken: "Princess, under any other circumstances I'd stay, but...this is important. Besides, I'm broke."
More like Geralt Shepard, am I right?

I was trying to illustrate how amusing it was that you said you would give them the benefit of the doubt and then said the dialogue was unforgivable. Apparently I have to be less subtle next time in my post.

Divinity: Original Sin
Dicksmoker said:
Also, I'm wondering about that part where he's pushing people off cliffs with his spell. Mainly I'm wondering about looting. Unless he can somehow go down to the base, or if the bodies reapear next to him after the battle would be over (which would be gay) he won't be able to loot those bodies. Although that could create an interesting dynamic - he's guarenteed an instant kill, but he won't get any loot. That seems kinda cool the more I think about it. Although this brings up the issue of enemies who carry necessary items. Perhaps they could simply be un-throwable or something.

Had the same feeling. I'm just playing the witcher 1 by this month, and one thing I notice is that all corpses are lootable, and if there's an important item, it would stay on the ground until you take it.

probably, if an enemy fall from a cliff and have an important item, probably it would just appear on the edge after the previous owner fall down. Maybe the item would be available from another diferent source if you loose the first time.

I liked the schedules, the world graphics, and everything, but I don't think the first one look bad. Geralt with another hairstyle, at least gives the feeling that they're not recycling old models.

The QTE was a horrible addition. No way. But the rest is looking the same as the first game, which I'm enjoying very much. So, I'll wait for when it comes.

Somehow, the witcher series has a feeling of a "Gothic" game, maybe because of the european origins both series share. I hope that witcher 2 is more like gothic 2 than gothic 3, though I enjoyed Gothic 3.

I have faith.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Darth Slaughter said:
Dicksmoker said:
Also, I'm wondering about that part where he's pushing people off cliffs with his spell. Mainly I'm wondering about looting. Unless he can somehow go down to the base, or if the bodies reapear next to him after the battle would be over (which would be gay) he won't be able to loot those bodies. Although that could create an interesting dynamic - he's guarenteed an instant kill, but he won't get any loot. That seems kinda cool the more I think about it. Although this brings up the issue of enemies who carry necessary items. Perhaps they could simply be un-throwable or something.

Had the same feeling. I'm just playing the witcher 1 by this month, and one thing I notice is that all corpses are lootable, and if there's an important item, it would stay on the ground until you take it.

probably, if an enemy fall from a cliff and have an important item, probably it would just appear on the edge after the previous owner fall down. Maybe the item would be available from another different source if you loose the first time.
You people have some serious problems.

Divinity: Original Sin
I forgot about the blood. I hope that if it makes into the final game, at least make it possible to turn it off in the options menu.

It's so badly done that the blood block the whole screen, making it impossible to see the so called "cinematic" fights.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Darth Slaughter said:
I forgot about the blood. I hope that if it makes into the final game, at least make it possible to turn it off in the options menu.

It's so badly done that the blood block the whole screen, making it impossible to see the so called "cinematic" fights.

I had the impression it was just Dragon Age styled trailer-effects.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
DraQ said:
What is that?

WhiskeyWolf said:
Darth Slaughter said:
Dicksmoker said:

probably, if an enemy fall from a cliff and have an important item, probably it would just appear on the edge after the previous owner fall down. Maybe the item would be available from another different source if you loose the first time.
You people have some serious problems.
WAT

bhlaab

Erudite
Yep, just reinstalled witcher enhanced edition and the framerate sucks no matter how low I set the graphics.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
bhlaab said:
Yep, just reinstalled witcher enhanced edition and the framerate sucks no matter how low I set the graphics.

I get a great framerate on high settings. I guess your PC sucks, bro.

bhlaab

Erudite
It plays everything else just fine, so cram it

dont diss my rig

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom