Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 2 mods

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
made said:
How about collecting useful TW2 mods in one place? Why yes, good idea!

Here's one:
www.mediafire.com/?o0ph3lbdyboaymw
Reduces all items weight to zero. Quite handy since there's tons of loot in this game but no storage chest.
Seriously? Just drop the junk, you don't need to carry 150 leather or 86 timber. Fucking TES syndrom.

made said:
Someone round here had a UI mod that gets rid of the annoying scrolling tooltips but I can't seem to find it anymore. Link to me it pls.
here

made

Arcane
Yea, I'll see about that once I make it past the lengthy tutorial. I just had a ton of stuff dumped on me on the ship and no trader in sight.

Anyway, thanks.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Yeah, don't worry about looting everything you see. Just herbs and orens as they're weightless. Most craftable items like equipment or traps use very little material (Maximum I've seen was a sword I crafted that needed 15 endrega teeth). And apart from ore and some monster parts, it's very easy to find stuff on containers around town.

The really heavy items are weapons and armor, I drop those if I'm far from town. Even the best swords I've found on enemies sell for like 25 ore. Not worth the extra weight.

made said:
Anyway, thanks.
:salute:

Deleted member 7219

Excidium said:
made said:

Here's one:
www.mediafire.com/?o0ph3lbdyboaymw
Reduces all items weight to zero. Quite handy since there's tons of loot in this game but no storage chest.
Seriously? Just drop the junk, you don't need to carry 150 leather or 86 timber. Fucking TES syndrom

You mean Gothic syndrome. TES games have weight. Gothic games do not.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I mean the habit of searching every container and looting everything, even worthless crap like spoons or baskets.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Excidium said:
I mean the habit of searching every container and looting everything, even worthless crap like spoons or baskets.

Charles.gif

:thumbsup:

Antihero

Liturgist
made said:

Someone round here had a UI mod that gets rid of the annoying scrolling tooltips but I can't seem to find it anymore. Link to me it pls.

It mitigates it a lot, but there'll still be the occasional scrolling - only not so rage inducing.

Here's the link I'll probably remember to keep updating with new tweaks:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/the_witcher ... _mod/page1

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Recommended mods and adventures

Tooltips mod
Download
Screenshot
Welcome tweaks for the tooltips in menu screens: "Makes tooltips 80% taller, scroll 3x faster, and start scrolling almost immediately."

Savegame cleanup utility
Screenshot
Download
TW2's autosaves do not overwrite each other, so the savegame folder can get very, very big. This utility makes it easy to manage/delete the saves. Includes a variety of functions and options.

Australia Uncensor patch
Restores the bit of sexual content censored from the Australian version of the game.

Potion duration extension

Potion Duration Extension by eRe4s3r

Made very quick and dirty, by me ;p

What it does.
Extends all potions that had 10m duration to 60m (that is, 1 hour)

What it doesn't do
Extend cat potion (still at 5m)

http://filesmelt.com/dl/def_stats_item_potion.xml

Simply download this file either directly to the The Witcher 2\CookedPC\items directory, or download it anywhere and copy it to the The Witcher 2\CookedPC\items

Note 1: If theres no Items directory under CookedPC create it yourself (New Folder -> Items) And copy the xml in there.

Note 2: Be sure to right click on the link below the AD on the filesmelt mirror and save as (or save target as) or whatever you call it. Make absolutely sure your browser is not trying to open the xml file (even though its marked as a file, not a web-page, so this is the browser to blame! ;p)

made

Arcane
Antihero said:
It mitigates it a lot, but there'll still be the occasional scrolling - only not so rage inducing.
Yea, I noticed that. It will do for now, but the UI could use a few more tweaks anyway. Like the attributes section for example:

Black

Arcane
I'd like if all skill trees were unlocked from the beginning.

Is there a way to disable the idiotic dialogue timers? Oftentimes, I can barely make out the words against the random backgrounds the camera picks - let alone make a decision - in time.
QTE dialogues! :rage:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Multiple Sarcasm said:
Is there a way to disable the idiotic dialogue timers? Oftentimes, I can barely make out the words against the random backgrounds the camera picks - let alone make a decision - in time.
QTE dialogues! :rage:
Come on, there is only a few of them in the game.

Gerrard

Arcane
Look at it this way, you can pick the other options in another playthrough. :smug:

Dezzy

Novice
I want something that disables HDR lighting. Its worse than bloom

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
There's already a bunch of horrible appearance mods like goth Triss and what not. Jesus christ, nexus is like mod cancer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom