Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 2 mods

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
No, I understand the need for some challenging enemies even towards the end of the game. But people bitching about bandits wearing glass armor in one game, then bitching about bandits being pushovers in another; that really puzzles me.
Yeah, being able to steamroll through the game world with your leveled up character makes the game boring. But, if even at the end of the game, it is still difficult as hell to kill bunch of rats (even if now they are called "Warlock Rats on steroids"), then I feel that I botched my character development.

Exmit

Scholar
Non-nude Triss (apperantly mod for parents who buy 18+ game for the kids and don't want nudity :M )

43-2-1306521322.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Gordon Freeman said:
No, I understand the need for some challenging enemies even towards the end of the game. But people bitching about bandits wearing glass armor in one game, then bitching about bandits being pushovers in another; that really puzzles me.
Yeah, being able to steamroll through the game world with your leveled up character makes the game boring. But, if even at the end of the game, it is still difficult as hell to kill bunch of rats (even if now they are called "Warlock Rats on steroids"), then I feel that I botched my character development.

I don't think we're complaining about bandits...Geralt's progression could do some work. You gain very little exp from combat. A kill is worth around 10-15 XP at most by mid game, yet Geralt would level up once for every plot-related quest in Chapter 2. That's what I found a bit off. I didn't feel like I earned it, and the effectiveness of Regenerative potions compared to offensive ones are lop-sided. I might take longer to kill my opponents, but survival rate nearly doubled...making it easier to throw caution to the wind and take a little risk. If I ever wanted more offensive boost, I'd fall back to bombs and daggers, all easily acquired and crafted.

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
RK47 said:
I don't think we're complaining about bandits...Geralt's progression could do some work. You gain very little exp from combat. A kill is worth around 10-15 XP at most by mid game, yet Geralt would level up once for every plot-related quest in Chapter 2. That's what I found a bit off. I didn't feel like I earned it, and the effectiveness of Regenerative potions compared to offensive ones are lop-sided. I might take longer to kill my opponents, but survival rate nearly doubled...making it easier to throw caution to the wind and take a little risk. If I ever wanted more offensive boost, I'd fall back to bombs and daggers, all easily acquired and crafted.
Yeah, the way you gain levels is weird. There is almost no point in doing side quests. Side quest will net you 150 xp at best, then main one gives you 2 thousand or more. Also, there seem to be mid chapter level caps, after geting some level, you stop geting the experience points at all. That's cheap, CD Prejekt!
Besides, I need 5 more talents for my perfect build, damn it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom