Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 2 mods

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I want Geralt to walk around with full Armor points yet retain his scarred, bare-chested looks. Something like Wow option to hide helmets and cloak.

I also want a huge spear and a fucking cape so I can LARP 300.

RK47

Patron
Excidium said:
Yeah, don't worry about looting everything you see. Just herbs and orens as they're weightless. Most craftable items like equipment or traps use very little material (Maximum I've seen was a sword I crafted that needed 15 endrega teeth). And apart from ore and some monster parts, it's very easy to find stuff on containers around town.

The really heavy items are weapons and armor, I drop those if I'm far from town. Even the best swords I've found on enemies sell for like 25 ore. Not worth the extra weight.

made said:
Anyway, thanks.
:salute:

Dear sir, the amount of materials required to make throwing knives alone would consume 3 weight per craft. :( I really wish there's a stash mod somewhere I can drop my craft mats. I don't mind losing them every chapters, but it's incredibly frustrating to lug those useless materials around when in the wilderness.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I installed some mods and the game has suddenly become playable. Thank You. :love:

The zero weight mod finally alllows me to enjoy looting and exploring (as little as there is to explore...). Yeah, I don't care if it's a fucking cheat as long as I don't have to go back to town to sell excess loot every damn five minutes.

Minimap mod seems to point South instead of North, but whatever.

Larger tooltips with faster scrolling are an awesome time-saver for an inventory-junkie like me. :thumbsup:

Potions working 30 minutes instead of 10 are finally usable, but I seem to forget about them anyway, as always. Maybe if they were really crucial to use...

I haven't noticed any difference with "better combat" yet, maybe because I wasn't using Quen anyway.

RK47

Patron
The potion duration isn't really a rebalance mod, it was more required to reduce the frequency of having potion effects disappear by the time you finish chatting with your arch enemies.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

made

Arcane
MicoSelva said:
Antihero says he fixed that in the latest version. Check the GOG thread linked in OP.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Ok, bros. Since yesterday I've been toying around TW2 XML files to see how much I can rebalance the game. This is the result of my endeavour:

RebalanceTW2.7z - 28.9 Kb

To be frank I build this modification upon:

Better Combat Mod
CEO - Complete Equipment Overhaul

I simply saw no reason to do the job someone else had already done.

The modification encompasses all the fixes from these two mods plus the following:

Various modifications to player's initial parametres including lower damage output, hp, hp and vigour regen etc. Now fighting against common soldiers/monsters should prove more challenging, especially farther into the game. Tip: try striking them from behind for extra damage.

Weaker huge boss monsters: draug and the dragon. This is because the CEO mod lowers parametres of your weapons and armour. Significantly. However, it does not nothing to change the hp and damage resistance of those creatures. As a result the fights with them drag forever, not to mention are uber-difficult and annoying. I lowered the bosses' resistances and hp as well toned a bit their attacks. Now, in spite of you having worse weapons and lower armour class the monsters should be manageable. I checked it myself. You can win those fights with some healthy struggle if you know what you are doing. Played on Hard.

Nerfed Quen. Quen works as before. However, even in its highest form it can withstand one attack only. After that it dissipiates and you have to cast a new shield. I also lowered the damage its shockwaves produce upon you getting hit. Add to this lowered vigour regeneration in combat and I think I limited its impact on the bettlefield albeit not usefulness - I still found myself casting it more often than any other sign. :(

Installation:

Just put all the folders (abilities, items and globals) from the archive into CookedPC folder of your TW2 installation.

For the sake of making myself clear so that dumbfucks can understand me it should look like this:

G:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\The Witcher 2\CookedPC\abilities
G:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\The Witcher 2\CookedPC\globals
G:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\The Witcher 2\CookedPC\items

The files placed there will take priority over default ones.

Known issues:

The bosses hp fix will take its full effect only if you load the save in which the monsters haven't been loaded onto the map. This means, you must reload the game from the save before they appear in the location e.g. before entering cursed battlefield or before the events at the summit in act 3 (not, not later. If the dragon already flies on the map when you load the save it will be 'bugged'). Else, the monsters will have their original hp,(but curiously not damage reduction). There's nothing like fighting 2000hp dragon when you can deal max 60hp of damage with your meagre strong attack.

The CEO mod changes a lot in the items including the slots for armour enhancemets and runes. This unfortunately means that any runes/enhancements you used up previously will likely disappear. No fix for that, bros. :(

Anyone knows how to get to hardcoded stuff? I really would like to change, for instance - the way Quen works e.g. make it so it blocks a fraction of damage, not 100%. I am too stupid not tech savvy enough to get there, unfortunately :(

I would appreciate you feedback, and requests. Tell me what should be done to make fighting more difficult without resorting to cheese.

Disclaimer: As you can see I merely added a few minor things from myself and tried to rebalance the boss battles a bit. Most of the work was done by Lautreamont and Kindo, the authors of 'Better Combat' and 'CEO - Complete Equipment Overhaul' mods respectively. Obviously, most of the credit should go to them.

1eyedking

Erudite
GERELT NARUTO EYES

http://witchernexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=92

92-3-1307436373.png

Problem?

Antihero

Liturgist
made said:
MicoSelva said:
Antihero says he fixed that in the latest version. Check the GOG thread linked in OP.

Should be... are you using this file (the latest version)? http://www.mediafire.com/?moxjhjbd9z4e333

Normally all I know is how much the minimap got rotated by, but the UI gets an update with whether to flip some nav sheet on the X or Y axis, so I used that to know whether I should also invert the pointer. AFAIK it worked in the areas where people were saying it pointed south before.

If it's still pointing south for you, I could try to figure it out some more if you give me a save game where it's happening.

RK47

Patron
It's not Naruto's eyes...it's Sharingan, the trade mark of the Uchiha ninja clan which possess the capability of inflicting psycho-experience to the enemies who failed their willpower check upon gazing into it. Every pain and pleasure sensations during the psycho-experience will be very real.

Goddamn, get your facts straight, this is a prestigious Weaboo magazine.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
RK47 said:
It's not Naruto's eyes...it's Sharingan, the trade mark of the Uchiha ninja clan which possess the capability of inflicting psycho-experience to the enemies who failed their willpower check upon gazing into it. Every pain and pleasure sensations during the psycho-experience will be very real.

Goddamn, get your facts straight, this is a prestigious Weaboo magazine.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Wish it was possible to mod the inventory back to Twitcher 1, I liked it when Twitcher was a PC series.

RK47

Patron
The inventory is still shit, even with category. I don't know why, the new UI is making me lazy to read books. I used to read all the books in TW1, but TW2 I just treat it like a pop-up menu.

I see what you mean, I think it's because it's at the top of the screen instead of the center making it feel off-balance in regards to where you usually look during the gameplay and in the menus, and therefore makes it feel awkward.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Antihero said:
made said:
MicoSelva said:

Should be... are you using this file (the latest version)? http://www.mediafire.com/?moxjhjbd9z4e333

Normally all I know is how much the minimap got rotated by, but the UI gets an update with whether to flip some nav sheet on the X or Y axis, so I used that to know whether I should also invert the pointer. AFAIK it worked in the areas where people were saying it pointed south before.

If it's still pointing south for you, I could try to figure it out some more if you give me a save game where it's happening.
No biggie. Any point of reference is fine, whether it's North or South. I will check out the new version when I get home, though (unless I forget...).

RK47

Patron
I can accept the tattoos...perhaps make them give stats :lol: Tormentttt~!!!

But black hair...no...no fucking way.

RK47

Patron
.......ffs. Give me Sephiroth Swords plz and my The Weaboo 2 experience is complete

el Supremo

Augur
Patron
What I don't get is, why all this yearning for level scaling? Do you guys feel that enemies shoud level up along with you, so your character do not outclass them? It seems to be the entire point of difficulty mods.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Rather than scale enemies, make them a bit tougher to begin with AND nerf Geralt's abilities a bit. That way if you do all the side quests and fight all the trash you can still grind out an advantage if you want, but it will be more along the Gothic 1 and 2 lines of small benefit rather than the Bethesda standard of making you a walking god by the time you are just half way up the level tree.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom