Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher 2 only support 16:9 resolutions

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
oldmanpaco said:
Apparently the reason every one here likes old games is because you are poor and cannot afford a modern display.

1024x768? Is this 1998?

Actually I got a good deal on this display because when I got it the masses weren't really interested in a good CRT anymore. It also had the advantage to be rather new, which means that it was at the end of a slowly ending technology. I could switch to some large flat screen if I wanted to, but I don't want to. 1024x768 is just enough for me, even if it's annoying to see less and less developpers support that screen size or even CRT monitors — I'm looking at you, Super Meat Boy!

Archibald

Arcane
10 years from now most of us won`t be using same shit we are using now, we`ll buy new shit.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Well my good shit will die one day and I'll have to buy new shit. That much is certain. Heck, maybe I'll break before it does.

turul

Augur
Gerrard said:
oldmanpaco said:
Apparently the reason every one here likes old games is because you are poor and cannot afford a modern display.

1024x768? Is this 1998?
My old 17 inch CRT can actually display 1920x1200, even though officially 1600x1200 is the max.
I wonder if your modern piece of shit will be able to display in what will be the "HD" standard 10 years from now. :smug:

I have a 21.5" Acer with 16:9 HD LCD , cost me around 150 bucks. Or maybe less, I don't remember. Before that, i had a 17" LCD which had artifacts showing up (dead cells) and my 19" CRT monitor went dark as the tube slowly burned out over 10 years.
It seems like the codexers are a bunch of salvation army and Goodwill store employees, who got their monitors by others donating them, because it's cheaper than throwing it into the trash.

Thanks to these cheap fucks, I have to zoom all internet pages to 150% to make them readable, due to the webpages still trying to hold onto to the goddamn 800x600 "super vga" resolution support, because the cheap fucks refuse to give up their medieval computer equipment.

turul

Augur
Is it really hard to implement a wide range of resolutions support?

For other games it was always like a tiny patch, or you typed in manually by editing the .ini or config file.

Destroid

Arcane
Or by selecting from the video options. Although sometimes that isn't very useful, for example in HoI3 it shrinks all the interface really small and makes it hard to read.

made

Arcane
turul said:
I have a 21.5" Acer with 16:9 HD LCD , cost me around 150 bucks. Or maybe less, I don't remember. Before that, i had a 17" LCD which had artifacts showing up (dead cells) and my 19" CRT monitor went dark as the tube slowly burned out over 10 years.
It seems like the codexers are a bunch of salvation army and Goodwill store employees, who got their monitors by others donating them, because it's cheaper than throwing it into the trash.

Thanks to these cheap fucks, I have to zoom all internet pages to 150% to make them readable, due to the webpages still trying to hold onto to the goddamn 800x600 "super vga" resolution support, because the cheap fucks refuse to give up their medieval computer equipment.
lololol stupid consoletard newfag

True Codexers use VGA CRTs for compatibility with old games because playing them on a tiny screen is somehow superior to looking at the same picture with black borders on a modern widescreen.

TNO

Augur
I came to this thread expressly to crack a joke about that how any game which runs a resolution higher than 480x640 is consoletard popamole.

I am glad to see the hivemind has basically pre-empted me.

:M

(Can someone explain what the parrot is actually meant to signify?)

Micmu

Magister
TNO said:
I came to this thread expressly to crack a joke about that how any game which runs a resolution higher than 480x640 is consoletard popamole.
If you followed the thread or knew what "aspect ratio" means, you would know that this has nothing to do with high resolutions, but fat black bar at top and bottom of the screen and PC displays, even the newest, come in many different aspect ratios (4:3 and 16:10 being most common).
And it's 640x480, dickface.

mr.doo

Educated
Hey come on people I'm portuguese too but I'm not as dumb. Don't generalize :M

mr.doo

Educated
Hey don't diss the dutch, they have those awesome wooden shoes :thumbsup:

Gerrard

Arcane
turul said:
Is it really hard to implement a wide range of resolutions support?
They were too lazy to make more than one version of the new retarded inventory screen.

Von Paulus

Educated
mr.doo said:
Hey come on people I'm portuguese too but I'm not as dumb. Don't generalize :M

Porque é que me estás a chamar de burro? Porque os primeiros camelos que comentaram não leram correctamente o que os tipos da cd projekt escreveram? Afinal quem é que é burro?

Sorry for the polish.

mr.doo

Educated
Na verdade o que os gajos da cd projekt disseram (no extracto que citaste) foi precisamente o oposto.
O jogo vai suportar tambem uma resolução de 16:9, mas não exclusivamente.
Acho que confundiste only com also. Also quer dizer "tambem", enquanto only quer dizer "só".

(everyone else, sorry to speak in portuguese but I think my compatriot here has issues with his english, hence why he misunderstood what the cd projekt dude said)

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh, while I use a 19" monitor now I have a 24" HDTV I use in a spare room that I might eventually use as a monitor. Aside from that I can't see how people play on larger monitors/higher resolutions -- do you sit ten feet away from your computer?

Gwendo

Augur
mr.doo said:
Na verdade o que os gajos da cd projekt disseram (no extracto que citaste) foi precisamente o oposto.
O jogo vai suportar tambem uma resolução de 16:9, mas não exclusivamente.
Acho que confundiste only com also. Also quer dizer "tambem", enquanto only quer dizer "só".

(everyone else, sorry to speak in portuguese but I think my compatriot here has issues with his english, hence why he misunderstood what the cd projekt dude said)

A resolução nativa do jogo será em 16:9. Isso quer dizer que quem jogar noutra resolução, não verá maior área de jogo. Terá um jogo ou com barras pretas, para manter o aspect ratio, ou com menos área de jogo (fazem zoom e cortam um bocadinho de cada lado).

It sucks, but it's not that really important. Just one more hint that they are not thinking exclusively on the PC version, as they want us to believe. The resolution, no sex cards (one thing is to watch a bunch of nude polygons, another are those cards with naughty nude/semi-nude photographic paintings), health regen (even if you have to take a potion first :roll: ), mutagens, etc.

mr.doo

Educated
Gwendo said:
A resolução nativa do jogo será em 16:9. Isso quer dizer que quem jogar noutra resolução, não verá maior área de jogo. Terá um jogo ou com barras pretas, para manter o aspect ratio, ou com menos área de jogo (fazem zoom e cortam um bocadinho de cada lado).

Sim, mas ao fim ao cabo suportará outras resoluções mesmo que em letterbox. O que o von paulus percebeu e o titulo do topico indica é que suportara 16:9 exclusivamente o que não é verdade e da azo pa especulação. Ja vi várias noticias sobre o assunto com titulos parecidos, dai a confusão penso eu.

(Sorry again)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom