Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Witcher fanboys: the emporer is nakey.

MasPingon

Arcane
undead dolphin hacker said:
MasPingon said:
Hacker, you seem very excited. Have you been raped by some albino - long haired guy today?
If that had happened I'd be happy and relaxed, not excited.

Maybe you should try this?

sk32%20deo%20panske%20geralt.JPG

DraQ

Arcane
undead dolphin hacker said:
It is a tale written by a masturbator, stained with sweat and ejaculate, evoking loathing.
So, the pattern emerges. Tell me, how often were you punished by your parents for "touching yourself"? What kind of punishment it was? Would you describe it as severe? Do you feel you were justly punished?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Read this fucking thread and tell me the Codex hasn't gone to shit. Let's assume The Witcher doesn't suck - there's still no need to act like a fucking dense ESF fanboy. The Codex has become the very thing it mocked.

Also, Spacemoose, you're like a mentor.

Stainless

Novice
To each their own I guess.

I'm finding the most enjoyable part is going through it as a same time as a friend on vent and just talking about the different outcomes we were getting. I really don't care about the main quest/plot and forget about it alot while I run around doing other random interesting shit.

deuxhero

Arcane
Edward_R_Murrow said:
gear is standardized

That's because Geralt doesn't need some fancy shmancy sword because he isn't a pansy trying to overcompensate. I'm looking at you Drizzt.....

Of coarse Drizzt needs to overcompensate, he isn't an adult yet.

Worm

Liturgist
fizzelopeguss said:
vrok said:
Lyric Suite said:
the consolish action
Exactly, all action games are console games!

"Proper" RPG's aren't allowed to have good solid combat.
Cool, cuz the Witcher doesn't! It's seriously just like EQ 1 except you don't have auto attack, and you can only do another attack immediately after your recharge. Oh the stances, they totally change everything I forgot.

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Jasede said:
Read this fucking thread and tell me the Codex hasn't gone to shit. Let's assume The Witcher doesn't suck - there's still no need to act like a fucking dense ESF fanboy. The Codex has become the very thing it mocked.

thanks for pointing this out, nazi keeper of codex purity

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
vrok said:
Lyric Suite said:
the consolish action
Exactly, all action games are console games!

Marcelo21 said:
worst than the sex scene since they're almost not even optional
Almost not optional? That's the best you could come up with?

Marcelo21 said:
Oh and please stop using the argument that the writing sucks because it's poorly translated. I mean, good for the poles and CD projekt, but face it everyone who doesn't speak polish is going to have to read through those delicious dialogues (not to mention listen to them) that make you want to eat your own balls.
That doesn't change the fact that it's true. The writing *does* suck because it's poorly translated. Several things have pointed this out, from polish free translation comparisons to the fix that restores the longer English scripts. No one is arguing that CDPR is without blame in the matter anyway, so what's the point in bitching about semantics Mr. Sensitive?

Try harder please.

How nice that you missed the point completely. I know it's the truth that the writing sucks because its poorly translated but that doesn't make it any more bearable. The dialogue most people will read and listen to is still a huge piece of donkey shit.
I was just complaining that people try to defend the game by saying that the writing sucks 'cause of the translation and that the original has incredible writing but the hell gives a fuck when all non-polish speakers still play the game with shitty writing.

About the comparison between the ME sex scene and TW sex cards that is indeed the best I can come up with I view both with the same contempt but in ME they're a bit easier to avoid. Trust me I don't think either have a place being in games specially when they're so gratuitous.

And honestly "Mr. Sensitive"? Really? "That's the best you could come up with?"

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I agree about Geralt being a bland action (anti-)hero, the sex cards, and Codexian double standards.

However, even though Geralt is a boring hunk 'o muscle, the world around him is more interesting than in a run of the mill action game. I'm playing the Polish version, and some of the npcs really come alive - the writing is rather good. The story is decent enough (I'm not far into the game yet, just finished first chapter), no revelation but no blockbuster crap either.

The Witcher has a lot of atmosphere, a gritty feel and a darker style, which I like. I haven't played any FF game, but I presume they are more sugary and fluffy (which admittedly is just personal preference). And FF doesn't touch on themes like politics and discrimination, and has cheesy romances, from what I've heard (which is perhaps personal preference and not an objective criticism as well..?)

It's a nice story-driven crpg with action elements, dunno what your problem is...

edit > yeah, the English dialogue are a valid reason to criticize the game.. Just apply 1eyedking's method of restoring an earlier version of the text, turn off the voices and enjoy ! :wink:

Texas Red

Whiner
Jasede said:

Also, Spacemoose, you're like a mentor.

Its because everything he is complaining about is so hyperbole that nobody even cares to take him seriously.

vrok

Liturgist
Marcelo21 said:
How nice that you missed the point completely. I know it's the truth that the writing sucks because its poorly translated but that doesn't make it any more bearable.
I was just complaining that people try to defend the game by saying that the writing sucks 'cause of the translation ...
I already knew you were being a whiny bitch but thanks for admitting it.

Jasede said:
Who the fuck is acting like a dense ESF fanboy except maybe undead dolphin fucker by displaying rabid anti-fanboy behavior towards other games? I think you missed reading the OP and even the thread title.

This thread is nothing more than a joke thread inspired by dolphin fuckers laughable attempt at acting the angry cunt, an attempt so poor he preemptively excused it for being disjointed, oh the irony. Why should anyone take this piece of shit seriously? You didn't, just look at your posts. You can take your superiority complex and shove it up your ass where you like it, like the submissive little furry you actually are.

Or maybe you can actually man up, play the game and start a real criticism thread, because this isn't it. You didn't play the game and neither did Lyric Suite. So that leaves Marcelo "almost not a whiny bitch" 21 and the disjointed dolphin fucker, most impressive. Shit guys! Sound the alarm! The army of intelligent Codex posters with arguments that turn your world upside down are here, and they're holding babies hostage until everyone admits that TW is a bad game!

VD makes these guys look like infantile fagots with pussies where their mouths should be. Try harder.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Nice, resort to calling me a whiny bitch, it's proof that you don't have an answer to what I said. And by the way if holding an argument on the internet makes someone a whiny bitch I suggest you stay offline, there are plenty of them specially on forums. That is unless you like whiny bitches, in which case I'm flattered.

By the way I'm not saying the game was bad and forcing everyone to agree with me. Many people seem to enjoy it. I just find it hypocritical that some people love TW and disdain some of ME's flaws that are actually shared by TW

Lestat said:
Marcelo21, I have the Russian version of The Witcher. Plenty of Poles post here as well. Will you be so kind to allow us say that the writing isn't shit?

I'm cool with that. I already thought it was good by what some people said. Didn't know many Poles posted here though, maybe that's one of the reasons it gets so much praise here.

EDIT:
vrok said:
VD makes these guys look like infantile fagots with pussies where their mouths should be. Try harder.

I definitely liked reading VD's posts but does that mean we should all look up to him and start copying what he did? "Try harder"? At what?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Vrok, why would I play a game that seems to suck so hard? Besides, I don't WANT to play an action-game that doesn't even have dialogue skills. I don't WANT to twitch-click my mouse like a retard. I don't WANT to be forced into a role, simply because I like roleplaying games that let me decide my own role to an extent, and shape my character. This game, I can't even select a class! Even Torment had that, and that was basically a jRPG!

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I have only one thing to say to you two wanabes RPG fans - "Play the damn game".

Telling people how much the game sucks not even playing it - how retarded can that be?

Texas Red

Whiner
Jasede said:
Vrok, why would I play a game that seems to suck so hard?
Of course let's ignore the poll that was a here awhile ago and listen to sheek, who never even played it, and some guy who blows everything out of proportion.

Jasede said:
Besides, I don't WANT to play an action-game that doesn't even have dialogue skills.
Its not an action game. If you would have played it you would know. But of course you won't since you ignore absolutely fucking every RPG released since I joined this site. No dialog skills? So you also never played Baldur's Gate or Gothics?

Jasede said:
I don't WANT to twitch-click my mouse like a retard.
Again, you're the retard here. You convinced yourself of something that is completely not true. The combat is incredibly fun and satisfying and it requires alchemy, positioning, use of different skills etc.

Jasede said:
I don't WANT to be forced into a role, simply because I like roleplaying games that let me decide my own role to an extent, and shape my character.
Yes, you are forced to play Geralt. And then again you have the possibility to shape your character through choosing different views and stances on situations. The choices you make, based on your beliefs, are MUCH more singificant and real than in any other game.
Jasede said:
This game, I can't even select a class! Even Torment had that, and that was basically a jRPG!
It is skill based. When I first began I sucked pretty hard now, after the 3rd time, I know the correct options and I'm considerably more powerful. It's not like you're going to choose fists and such shit in Fallout and ignore handguns, if only for the lulz.

Everybody aside from a few dicks who can't form an argument without hyperbole or people who, like you, think it sucks without playing it first bash it. Look at the forums, look at the polls.

vrok

Liturgist
Marcelo21 said:
Nice, resort to calling me a whiny bitch, it's proof that you don't have an answer to what I said. And by the way if holding an argument on the internet makes someone a whiny bitch I suggest you stay offline, there are plenty of them specially on forums. That is unless you like whiny bitches, in which case I'm flattered.
Tell me, what am I supposed to answer? You just opened your mouth and shit happened to fall out.

Marcelo21 said:
I know it's the truth that the writing sucks because its poorly translated but that doesn't make it any more bearable. The dialogue most people will read and listen to is still a huge piece of donkey shit.
I was just complaining that people try to defend the game by saying that the writing sucks 'cause of the translation and that the original has incredible writing but the hell gives a fuck when all non-polish speakers still play the game with shitty writing.
You were just complaining about irrelevant bullshit that happens to be the truth. What am I supposed to answer to that? That I accept your apology for incorrect automatic labeling of any mention of shitty translation as defense of the game? How's saying that the translation is shitty defending the game anyway? That's just shit falling out your mouth.

Also, it's been mentioned countless times in several threads that the English translation of the Witcher isn't top notch. It bothers some more than it bothers others, not having English as first language is probably a factor. From what I've read, most that complained heavily about the translation still found the game enjoyable enough despite that. You brought nothing more than whining, and certainly nothing new, to combat the "defense" as you imagined it.

Marcelo21 said:
About the comparison between the ME sex scene and TW sex cards that is indeed the best I can come up with I view both with the same contempt but in ME they're a bit easier to avoid. Trust me I don't think either have a place being in games specially when they're so gratuitous.
The answer to this... Hmm... You were wrong, you admit you have nothing more than a completely ridiculous bullshit statement. What exactly do you want me to say?

Marcelo21 said:
I just find it hypocritical that some people love TW and disdain some of ME's flaws that are actually shared by TW
So argue it with them instead of fucking whining in general. If you don't want to be called a whiny bitch how about actually bringing arguments to the table and put the spotlight on these people in a traditional cross-thread quote-backquote manner, or is that too much hard work as opposed to your previous effortless whining? Lazy fuck.

Edit:
Marcelo21 said:
"Try harder"? At what?
Criticizing and/or bashing games in an intelligent yet rude and funny manner. And actually arguing using arguments instead of spewing shit.

MasPingon

Arcane
I don't WANT to play an action-game that doesn't even have dialogue skills. I don't WANT to twitch-click my mouse like a retard. I don't WANT to be forced into a role, simply because I like roleplaying games that let me decide my own role to an extent, and shape my character.

Said Earthbound, Gothic and dungeon crawlers fan. Besides, you don't have a PC to play new games, so that's why you don't have an idea what the fuck is going on lately. Ergo, you talkin dumb shit as always

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
actually, i am just generating lulz. and you are delivering! thx for bringing a smile on my face, good thread, voted 5

vrok

Liturgist
Jasede said:
actually, i am just generating lulz. and you are delivering! thx for bringing a smile on my face, good thread, voted 5
vrok said:
This thread is nothing more than a joke thread inspired by dolphin fuckers laughable attempt at acting the angry cunt, an attempt so poor he preemptively excused it for being disjointed, oh the irony. Why should anyone take this piece of shit seriously? You didn't, just look at your posts. You can take your superiority complex and shove it up your ass where you like it, like the submissive little furry you actually are.
Either you're just a pathetically transparent dickhole or that 5 you just voted reflects the degree of your mental fucking burn wounds when you pulled the classic kiddie backpedal "JK GUYZ LULZ RLY".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom