Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My Long War playthrough continues. This is just a great game. Typical missions have 5 soldiers minimum, often 6, sometimes 7 and a few times 8. There is a huge variety of mission types with all the special missions on top of the basic ones, and the infiltration system is fantastic.

What I love the most is that this is an XCOM-like that actually forces you to use an incredibly deep roster of varied soldiers built very different. This is my current roster:

Gqkzo50.png

iLh8XTJ.png

KJkX4Ek.png

You need all those guys because you'll want to be running 2-3 ops at any given time + you need soldiers for very tasks like covert ops, haven advisors etc.

The above roster has even been cut down some since I just had a fairly catastrophic mission leaving my memorial like this:

rJCKzFq.png

Because I'm playing completely blind on Ironman, I lost a few guys.

Anyway, huge fun. Can recommend. Very polished.
You are so many years late but better late then never. This is how I felt right after Xcom 2 release once first Long War was released.

Being late is a strategy. LWotC just got an update this winter, and it's a pretty great one. I'm enjoying the changes.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My Long War playthrough continues. This is just a great game. Typical missions have 5 soldiers minimum, often 6, sometimes 7 and a few times 8. There is a huge variety of mission types with all the special missions on top of the basic ones, and the infiltration system is fantastic.

What I love the most is that this is an XCOM-like that actually forces you to use an incredibly deep roster of varied soldiers built very different. This is my current roster:

Gqkzo50.png

iLh8XTJ.png

KJkX4Ek.png

You need all those guys because you'll want to be running 2-3 ops at any given time + you need soldiers for very tasks like covert ops, haven advisors etc.

The above roster has even been cut down some since I just had a fairly catastrophic mission leaving my memorial like this:

rJCKzFq.png

Yo you got quite a few celebrities on that roster.
Seriously though, damsel nines?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Gqkzo50.png

iLh8XTJ.png

KJkX4Ek.png

rJCKzFq.png

Had no idea what to use for last name lol. Unfortunately can’t leave it blank. That’s why Morte is 3x Morte :D

(also thank you to whoever made a skeleton mod allowing me a flying skull)

Cael

Arcane

Gqkzo50.png

iLh8XTJ.png

KJkX4Ek.png

rJCKzFq.png

Had no idea what to use for last name lol. Unfortunately can’t leave it blank. That’s why Morte is 3x Morte :D

(also thank you to whoever made a skeleton mod allowing me a flying skull)
Damsel "Commiebitch" Damsel works for me...

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Unfortunately can’t leave it blank
Could probably just drop an underscore bruv.

I think if I get past this commander run I oughta hit lwotc. Also I should probably rotate the ranger and templar alternately so I have a proper meleefella for every mission.
Kinda weird how my ranger has been promoted every mission and he's already made major. Didn't happen that fast on veteran.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
I think if I get past this commander run I oughta hit lwotc. Also I should probably rotate the ranger and templar alternately so I have a proper meleefella for every mission.
Kinda weird how my ranger has been promoted every mission and he's already made major. Didn't happen that fast on veteran.
Nevermind dudes, this run and next both got banjaxxed by the Ultima Eleventeen. I dunno if the avatar timer gets more aggressive with difficulty but it was rising consistently without a blacksite in reach.
Ah hell, I'm gonna extend the time and see if I catch a break this time.

Damn you Grunker , I put in like a 100+ hrs this week on this thanks to you bumping this threads.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
XCOM 3 WHEN?! I must reunite Jane Kelly and Tori Black.

Jane Kelly is lowkey my favorite female video game protagonist, because she's a throw away tutorial character who many turned God.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom