Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (Switch)

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Looks like i'll be playing it this weekend, life is good bros.

Last edited:

ResetRPG

Novice
I have a copy of XBC 2 on my Switch and used to have XBC 1 on my 3DS.

I really need to play through the games since they seem like compelling JRPGs

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
XCI is out and seems to work on Ryujinx, go for it pc fags, i will play it on the switch.
QfpBl18.jpg

somerandomdude

Learned
XBC 2 still doesn't work all that great on Yuzu/Ryujinx, I'd be shocked if 3 is fully playable right out of the gate.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
XBC 2 still doesn't work all that great on Yuzu/Ryujinx, I'd be shocked if 3 is fully playable right out of the gate.
Heard that with the latest build it works just fine, i'm not talking about the public one, it's the paywalled one.
EDIT: Seems like Yuzu works so you should look into it, people are saying it works just fine on it.

Last edited:

somerandomdude

Learned
Cool, and I know a place to get the pay walled build for free. Certain discord server I joined. (I can't post it on a public forums, and it might be against the rules here anyway)

Last edited:

j2alg

Educated
I'm not particularly invested in this series, but the reactions to this are comedy gold
jxpdih.jpg

Perkel

Arcane

It is. Playing it right now on Yuzu and aside from slight stutter there doesn't seem to be any problem.
You definitely need good CPU though.

-----------

Some initial thoughts:

Combat: I thought i will hate combat like in Xeno2 and i was hating it. Until like chapter 3 when something unlocks and suddenly all problems of Xeno2 combat go away which is basis for Xeno3 combat.

Story:
Definitely more Xeno1 vibes. Xeno2 was more for kids. This isn't some super adult stuff but definitely ball is much higher.

Graphics:
Definitely upgrade over Xeno2

Sounds:
Weirdly unlike Xeno2 they decided to go back to Xeno1 only cutscenes voiced. So there are shitload of silent talk now.

Overall:
Seems like this might be better than Xeno2 which i thought was meh. Xeno1 was one of my favorite games so there is high bar to reach for it.

Perkel

Arcane
Well new unlocks. Turns out that Xeno3 have job system now as well as ability use abilities from other learned classes. Couple that with 6 player party and it is pretty much best Xeno combat system. I didn't expect such incline. I thought it would be even more horrible than Xeno2 combat system considering how they downgraded it from Xeno1.

Perkel

Arcane
xenoblade 1 has the worst fucking combat in the entire xeno series what are you even on about? it's so dull

Your head is dull. It was simpler system but much better to play.

Either way in Xeno 3 with 6 party members you can really put up some thought into strategy. Xeno2 system was shit because it didn't give you space to experiment, you couldn't just lose tank because your group would be dead in seconds. Now in Xeno 3 you can even let 6 tanks on the field if you want or 3 healer and 3 tanks. It is basically proper tactical combat.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
xenoblade 1 has the worst fucking combat in the entire xeno series what are you even on about? it's so dull

Your head is dull. It was simpler system but much better to play.

Either way in Xeno 3 with 6 party members you can really put up some thought into strategy. Xeno2 system was shit because it didn't give you space to experiment, you couldn't just lose tank because your group would be dead in seconds. Now in Xeno 3 you can even let 6 tanks on the field if you want or 3 healer and 3 tanks. It is basically proper tactical combat.
Jesus dude stick to FF or Pokemon, whatever shithole series you crawled out from after your mom's vagina. You literal run a team of full DPS team during late game without healers or tanks or if you really want it as soon as you get Hikari ditch the tanks alltogether but keeping a healer, you didn't understand the game because you are sub 80 IQ and blame the game for it.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
You literal run a team of full DPS team during late game without healers or tanks or if you really want it as soon as you get Hikari ditch the tanks alltogether but keeping a healer, you didn't understand the game because you are sub 80 IQ and blame the game for it.

Oh yes i need to wait 150 hours to reach so called late game just to get rid of some of required classes because you get overpowered and break whole system. Truly fantastic system only someone of high IQ like Jenkem can appreciate. Some say he is still out there spending 10s of hours leveling his character on frog to reach his late game and start to play game.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
You literal run a team of full DPS team during late game without healers or tanks or if you really want it as soon as you get Hikari ditch the tanks alltogether but keeping a healer, you didn't understand the game because you are sub 80 IQ and blame the game for it.

Oh yes i need to wait 150 hours to reach so called late game just to get rid of some of required classes because you get overpowered and break whole system. Truly fantastic system only someone of high IQ like Jenkem can appreciate. Some say he is still out there spending 10s of hours leveling his character on frog to reach his late game and start to play game.
Your reading comprehension skills are awful, that's to be expected from someone not understanding the combat for an electronic toy. How is getting Hikari late game? You glue sniffing specimen. Stop replaying you are embarrassing, you are what kids call cringe this days.

Perkel

Arcane
Your reading comprehension skills are awful, that's to be expected from someone not understanding the combat for an electronic toy. How is getting Hikari late game? You glue sniffing specimen. Stop replaying you are embarrassing, you are what kids call cringe this days.

Xeno2 has shit combat system. Worst in series. Xeno3 seems to have the best combat system. How Myrtha even solves problem i mentioned ? Unless you spend and grind shitload of time to be overpowered in which case you don't have a good system but shit system which solves gameplay issue by overpowering your team.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Xeno 2 was a garbage game even without getting into the combat, I have no idea how someone over the mental age of 5 could enjoy that game.

Perkel

Arcane
Motherfucker. How many systems this game has ? I am like 15h in and i just unlocked another major system.

developers:
"xeno2 had shit system... what can we do ? How about all of them ?"

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
XBC2 has systems that keep unlocking and keep adding to the overall system throughout the course of the game - "THIS FUCKING SUCKS LMAO TUTORIALS 30 HOURS IN WHAT TRASH!!!"
XBC3 has systems that keep unlocking and keep adding to the overall system throughout the course of the game - "HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME THEY JUST KEEP ADDING STUFF EVEN 30 HOURS IN!!"

:hmmm:

Perkel

Arcane
XBC2 has systems that keep unlocking and keep adding to the overall system throughout the course of the game - "THIS FUCKING SUCKS LMAO TUTORIALS 30 HOURS IN WHAT TRASH!!!"
XBC3 has systems that keep unlocking and keep adding to the overall system throughout the course of the game - "HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME THEY JUST KEEP ADDING STUFF EVEN 30 HOURS IN!!"

:hmmm:

Shut up nigger, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Nelka

Educated
For sure it's not (and prob never be) perfect on Yuzu Emu, but with ResMod looks and run alright. Performance is solid on my end (30 fps exploring the first zone, 22-25fps in first NPC hub). Still waiting for Vulkan support coz for now it's just crashing on Yuzu and Ryujinx. Also some people report some memory leaks but looks like it's Nvidia problem only.

Perkel

Arcane
What in the actual fuck. Again new system. This time you can add permamently "hero" to 7th party member slot and as you increase affinity you can "learn" from hero new class. I was wondering why class menu had so much space and why 6 party member classes are missing some of those but i thought they were just as background stuff.

Turns out that you can run 7 party member group + job system + finding new jobs and heros for 7 slot.

I think this might be my favorite JRPG combat system so far. I am yet to see how will work further but amount of depth it has is great from what i can see.

unknown.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom