Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yahtzee reviews Witcher 2?!

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, at least I didn't waste my time.

MikeJahn

Educated
It's hard NOT to get banned on the escapist forums - they literally ban people for offending a few people. You have to be 100% politically correct, neutral and impartial to even have a small chance to not be thrown out.

Arkady

Novice
Strange thing, despite EA-Escapist deals, Yhatzee noticed some crappiest things in DA2, but wasn't so creative with his shitty talk as in Witcher 2.
That guy is neither a critic nor reviewer, but a less and less funny attention whore. I always thought he is not that retarded, but just trolls for more pageviews. But now after his W2 I'm sure he really can't tell a difference between pussy and ass.

FatCat

Educated
Arkady said:
he really can't tell a difference between pussy and ass.
Sometimes those things are stretched in soo many different way's that you can't really tell the difference by feel , he didn't complain about visuals.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I rarely agree with Yahtzee's opinions, but find most of his reviews funny nevertheless. This one wasn't. Definitely one of the worst episodes of Zero Punctuation. Seems half-assed, just as his attempt to play the game (with quitting halfway chapter #1). Probably not his choice of game, if I were to guess.

Exmit

Scholar
Diablo 1 is more complex than Twitcher 2 and have a much better spell system.

Not mentioning that its inventory screen is much better

diablo1.jpg

circ

Arcane
Dude. That inventory screen is too fucking complex.

Which hand is which?? Do I wear that thing on my belt or my neck or chest or torso?? Which finger are the rings on? I have 10. Why does the sword look like a sword? Can't it just be stylized and say SWORD?

Unwanted

neverbug

Unwanted
can u imagine the butthurt if 2witcher inventory could hold onyl 20 items

Kraszu

Prophet
circ said:

Which hand is which?? Do I wear that thing on my belt or my neck or chest or torso?? Which finger are the rings on? I have 10. Why does the sword look like a sword? Can't it just be stylized and say SWORD?

They really did overcomplex things in diablo 2, fortunately Blizzard is smart enough to notice how confusing switching weapons is, and they had removed it from Diablo 3 for that reason. That is what I had read from blue post on Blizz forums, apparently there were too many confused people who didn't know where they weapon had gone so they had removed it.

Suchy

Arcane
FatCat said:
Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
What's so uncompromising and hard about Twat 2? It's just like a less complex Diablo with camera problems.

It's just like a less complex Diablo with camera problems.

less complex Diablo

:retarded: i see you didn't play TWitcher 2.
My dick is more complex than Diablo.

Exmit

Scholar
Diablo is more complex and has a deeper combat system (also more fun) than twitcher 2 - fact.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Kraszu said:
circ said:

They really did overcomplex things in diablo 2, fortunately Blizzard is smart enough to notice how confusing switching weapons is, and they had removed it from Diablo 3 for that reason. That is what I had read from blue post on Blizz forums, apparently there were too many confused people who didn't know where they weapon had gone so they had removed it.
The fuck...

Is this serious? :lol:

Kraszu

Prophet
Excidium said:
Kraszu said:
circ said:

The fuck...

Is this serious? :lol:

"At the moment it is. The confusion it creates for players is a good point really in my opinion. From my time in tech support it was a common enough issue that we had pre-written responses to send to people to help inform them of where their weapons went. BUT that said it’s not a problem that’s completely without a solution, so while it’s a decent argument it’s sort of weak because it could probably be addressed somehow."

So it looks like it is sort of weak decent argument against switching weapons.

But it gets better:

"One good reason why it’s not a feature we like the idea of is that it adds a new type of play complexity that we don’t want to layer on top of those that we already have. We’re creating the game, the skills, the movement speed, kill rates, skill runes, and all other combat related mechanics and features to fit as tightly together as possible. Throwing in weapon swapping forces that tightening/balancing to take it into account. Only thing is that it’s not a clear cut feature. You either know how to game it - or you don’t. So it creates a separation of players that isn’t based on use of the character and skills but doing this weird little trick and swapping back and forth between weapons at specific times. It becomes a necessity to remain effective or as a strong opponent, and we believe the combat has enough going for it that it doesn’t need difficult to explain and understand features like weapon swapping."

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/commen ... otkey-nah/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom