Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim review scans

MapMan

Arcane
RmyI3.jpg

CZcGA.jpg

MU7MN.jpg

BAefJ.jpg

Best thing to come since sliced bread :avatard:

MapMan

Arcane
Dont know if you noticed but Id software is listed as the developer :lol:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Epic
Innovative
Immersive
Accessible
Cinematic

MAJESTIC

MapMan said:
Dont know if you noticed but Id software is listed as the developer :lol:

Skyrim does have ugly muddy textures and mountains every 100m to force you into corridors

wwsd

Arcane
Vatnik
The guy hated Morrowind and Oblivion, but of course his "Skyrim Tips" lists typical features from those games. How is it even warranted that this person gets paid for his job? At this point, gaming magazines should actually consider sacking all their reviewers and simply copy-pasting the press release from the publishers. It wouldn't make much of a difference.

Repressed Homosexual
See guys? You kept saying that it would be an abomination. Look at the scores it gets. By the way, how does that crow taste?

This game is probably going to end up in the Metacritic top 10. Bethesda is throwing too much money at it.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
The only part in the review that garners any kind of enthousiasm in me are the screenies showing off the mountainous terrain. I can see myself have fun traversing these. Other than that it's clear we're looking at Oblivion 2.0 though they thankfully did save a Morrowind feature that I really love.

And dragons. Lots and lots and lots of damn dragons.

The cliffracers are back and they're on steroids! Anyway, not exactly the kind of review to sell the game. For stuff like that an article like this works much better.

http://killscreendaily.com/articles/things-i-ate-skyrim

Bethesda is throwing too much money at it.

I think a lot of people actually like the kind of game it is and consider it to be the one shining example of its kind simply because of all the press attention, the AA marketing and the fact that they know fuck all about older rpg's/games. Not everyone has been around games for the past 25+ years.

Commander Xbox

Learned
if it really is like new vegas ill buy and play. ive already seen footage of dudes getting one shotted by trolls and giants, which is a huge improvement over oblivion already. if someone can show me some unique non scaled items that are placed ill def buy.

MetalCraze

Arcane
You can get one shotted by powerful enemies in Oblivion too.

Level scaling was not the only problem with that shit.

Oblivion 2 will be an action game for retards (or RPG if your reg date is 2010 or newer) that can only chase quest compass and kill everything in between no matter the stats.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Commander Xbox said:
if it really is like new vegas ill buy and play.

With that I doubt the reviewer meant the Obsidian strong points like story, characterisation and quest diversity but just the large gameworld. Game might be a nice hiking sim but other than that, crap. Go dig up that 3 hour gameplay vid and enjoy the face palming.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Trash said:
Commander Xbox said:
if it really is like new vegas ill buy and play.

With that I doubt the reviewer meant the Obsidian strong points like story, characterisation and quest diversity but just the large gameworld. Game might be a nice hiking sim but other than that, crap. Go dig up that 3 hour gameplay vid and enjoy the face palming.

Other than the players (who uploaded the video) idiocy, I was actually surprised that there wasn't that much cringeworthy stuff in. I actually liked some parts of it. :/

Skyway said:
You can get one shotted by powerful enemies in Oblivion too.

Where? I didn't play Oblivion much, but I don't remember any strong enemies.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Surf Solar said:
Where? I didn't play Oblivion much, but I don't remember any strong enemies.

Oblivion, just like Morrowind had the difficulty slider that goes from "piss easy" to Codex's favourite "retarded difficulty" and on first levels you still have small amounts of HP so despite all the level scaling dying fast was not a problem.

I wonder why the ability to get instakilled is used like an indication of game's quality by some here?
Considering that Oblivion's problem was not the difficulty, it was the shitty design of everything in the game.

Repressed Homosexual
No really, the amount of marketing and money that ZeniMax spends is crazy. I remember going to the video store three years ago, and there was a huge cardboard promotional stand for Fallout 3 with the Brotherhood of Steel knight in power armor and all the text translated in French, along with a looping, subtitled promotional video on a dedicated TV stand. And this is all in a no-name video store. I've no doubt that such far-reaching efforts are the reason why Oblivion and all their games afterwards became such monsters. Aren't there some Hollywood guys in the executive board? That must be the reason for such ambitious deployment.

I agree that some reviewers might not have grown on the classics, many must have grown on NES and SNES games, but there are at least just as many who are well-versed in RPGs and who are assigned to review them, and these are just as outlandish in their praising of big-budget Bethesda RPGs as the neophytes are.

Tagaziel

Scholar
Uh, I can't really figure out the tone of the review. It feels to me like an arbitrary list of features with no detail and a rating slapped at the end.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tagaziel said:
Uh, I can't really figure out the tone of the review. It feels to me like an arbitrary list of features with no detail and a rating slapped at the end.

The tone is that of a bored office drone trying to finish his work on a friday afternoon so he can go home early and drink his miserable life away.

Whoops, projection.

Surf Solar said:
Other than the players (who uploaded the video) idiocy, I was actually surprised that there wasn't that much cringeworthy stuff in. I actually liked some parts of it. :/

After awhile I just wanted to put my fist through the face of that moron with his droning soulless fucking voice. It might have distracted me a bit.

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Review Guy said:
Oh, and in the traditional of all good RPGS, he was incapable of saying no to any request.

Disregarding the typo, I am not certain whether the above quote is saturated with sarcasm or the massive amounts of ignorance that is throttling the reviewers brain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom