Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #7: Stretch goal unlocked, new stretch goals announced
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Thu 10 September 2015, 22:47:21Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke
Earlier today, the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter campaign achieved $1.35M of funding, unlocking the second skill tree stretch goal. However, today's Kickstarter update isn't about that, but about the next stretch goal, the Hall of Echoes. It also announces the next set of stretch goals, going all the way up to $2M. In the update's rather elaborate accompanying video, Swen and an unhealthy-looking companion explain what that's all about (or you can just read the update). The video also includes a short recap of yesterday's Devline stream. Here's the video and the relevant bits from the update:
Your new home in the Great Beyond...
When a being dies, depending on the life they've led, the Source within them will go to one of two destinations; the Architect's Forge (where they'll be reincarnated) or the Void (where they'll cease to exist). Before reaching these two final destinations however, the soul will arrive at the Hall of Echoes, the domain of the dead. And if the next stretch goal is unlocked, then you will be able to visit the Hall of Echoes at will, for it will become your homestead!
We have many ambitions for the Hall of Echoes and have been discussing ideas of what players might be able to find there. Nothing is set in stone and we'd love to hear your ideas so please do let us know what you think would be cool additions.
Here's a few of the ideas we came up with:
- An arena in which you can test your mettle against your companions (or a variety of creatures)
- A campfire for waiting companions
- Powerful figures - attracted by your presence, who make you all kinds of offers
- Characters you killed in the world may appear here, haunting you or begging you for deliverance - those who follow the path of the Void will even be able to coerce these poor souls into doing their bidding
- A spectral anvil on which you can craft unique equipment
- A magical artefact that allows you to craft special skills
- A bridge to the Void - an eerie, surreal and VERY dangerous place where special loot/spells/dark Source secrets can be found
- A bridge to the Gods, where you can visit avatars of the Seven
- The doorway to the Forge- what could happen if you step through the door?
- Spirits with special requests, and special rewards...
- Black mirrors that show you visions of other planes
- Undead creatures that can be convinced to do dark deeds for you
We know you've been waiting for them, so here they are!
$1,650,000 – Dedicated mod tool support!
We'll hire a team that will be dedicated to making the editor as intuitive as possible, and who will help the community build all kinds of new awesomeness.
$1,750,000 – Love/Hate!
We’ll dedicate more scripters and writers to expand on the dynamic relationship system we’re building. Intense rivalry! Friendship and enmity! And... as so many of you have been asking for it… romance!
$1,850,000 – Metamorphosis... Mask of the Shapeshifter!
Imagine you get a mask that lets you change your shape. One moment you're a lizard, the next an ordinary human, with completely different dialog options (and visuals of course). By expanding on our tag system, we’ll let you assume different roles in the game with the same character. This will open completely different play styles. Don't want any competition? Don't want companions? Become a lone wolf with a very special mask...
$2,000,000 – Dungeon Master Mode!
Building on the work of the mod team, we'll make an in-game version of the editor that allows dungeon-masters to unleash their fantasies on budding adventurers, adjusting and controlling the dungeon while the other players are playing!
Dungeon Master Mode, eh? Looks like somebody's keeping an eye on the competition. And of course, we already knew about the romance.