Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Underrail Dev Log #46: Version 184.108.40.206 Release - Quality of Life Improvements
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Thu 18 February 2016, 13:44:05Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail
Underrail has just received its first major update since the game's release in December. The update's focus is on quality of life improvements, including user interface, combat speed and a few tweaks to the much-derided Deep Caverns area. The new post on the game's official development blog has the details, along with a collection of screenshots demonstrating the improvements:
Fonts - We've replaced one of the game's fonts to improve readability and also added more size options.
Outlines - We've added character outlines which should improve visibility and make targeting somewhat easier when things are happening behind walls and other obstacles.
Inventory filters - We've replaced inventory filter combo box with icons and also regrouped item categories in a way we believe will be most practical.
Combat stats tooltips - We've added descriptions for all the different stats in the combat stats window when you mouse over them.
Combat speed settings - Combat movement and action speed can now be adjusted in the game's options.
New save system - This is strictly under the hood thing and nothing is changed regarding how and when you can save or load the game (old saves are compatible with the new version). For those advanced users - we archived the separate zone files to improve save/load performance and also got rid of the temporary current game structure on the disk and moved it to memory.
Other minor stuff
- Critical crossbow hits now also affect elemental damage (acid, shock and incendiary) from special bolts
- When attacking in melee from stealth, target's dodge rating will be ignored if it hasn't detected you yet
- Added more crafting components and ammo to Deep Caverns
- Added a few more hints to certain Deep Caverns dialogs
- Quinton's mushroom growing room is now accessible
- Added a number of Lower and Upper Metro areas to better connect certain places
The update also includes a host of bugfixes, which you can read about in the full post.