Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Time to Conquer the Cold: Wasteland 3 Fig Campaign is Live
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 5 October 2016, 17:46:38Tags: Brian Fargo; Colin McComb; Gavin Jurgens-Fyhrie; George Ziets; inXile Entertainment; STASIS; Underrail; Wasteland 3
inXile's Fig campaign for Wasteland 3 has gone live. We already know much about the game from last week's announcement, so I'll cut right to the chase. In addition to the pitch video, which features Brian Fargo going on a journey to reassemble the Torment writing team with the aid of his wacky new robot sidekick, they've also put together a short "gameplay video". It's got cinematic dialogue, all right, plus a little bit of combat and vehicular action. Here are the videos and the campaign overview:
From the creators of Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera comes Wasteland 3! Following the critically acclaimed releases of 2014's Wasteland 2 and 2015's Wasteland 2: Director's Cut, fans have been clamoring for a direct sequel. Now we can bring it to you, with your help!
- A party-based role-playing game, with a renewed focus on our trademark complex story reactivity and strategic combat.
- By including vehicles, environmental dangers, and a revamped, more fluid action system, we are evolving on Wasteland 2's deep tactical turn-based combat and unique encounter design.
- Play by yourself or with a friend in story-driven synchronous or asynchronous multiplayer. Choices open up (or close off) mission opportunities, areas to explore, story arcs, and lots of other content.
- Your Ranger Base is a core part of the experience. As you help the local people and establish a reputation in Colorado, quests and narrative will force you to make decisions on how to lead.
- The game will be set in the savage lands of frozen Colorado, where survival is difficult and a happy outcome is never guaranteed. Players will face difficult moral choices and make sacrifices that will change the game world.
- Wasteland 3 will feature a deep and engaging story utilizing a newly-revamped dialog tree system from the celebrated writers of Torment: Tides of Numenera.
- Simultaneously releasing to Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.