Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Underrail Dev Log #49: Temporal Manipulation
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 18 November 2016, 18:38:27Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail; Underrail: Expedition
Styg has published a new development update for the upcoming Underrail: Expedition expansion. This one introduces a new psionic school that the expansion will add to the game called Temporal Manipulation. As you might imagine, its abilities revolve around the manipulation of time and speed. Here are the details:
In the expansion, we'll be adding a new psionic school called “Temporal Manipulation”, which will primarily feature delayed damage and buffing/debuffing abilities.
This psi discipline will, probably more than any other, will function well as a support skill that can be incorporated into other builds, rather than a primary skill around which a build is made, though I have no doubt that some of you will find a way to prove me wrong.
Here are the abilities:
- Temporal Distortion - Places a debuff on the target that lasts 1 turn and deals mechanical and energy damage when it expires. In the case the target is already affected by temporal distortion, its duration will be increased by 1 turn and damage by 25% and the newly applied temporal distortion will have the same duration and damage bonus. Damage dealt by this ability ignores shield and 50% of damage resistance and threshold. This ability cannot critically hit.
- Psycho-temporal Dilation – Reduces target's action points by 15 and movement points by 50. Lasts 2 turns.
- Limited Temporal Increment – Reduces all remaining cooldowns by 1 turn.
- Entropic Recurrence – Repeats the percentage of the last unit of damage taken by the target over 3 turns. This damage ignores shields and resistances. In cases when the original damage was very slight, the recurrence may actually empower it.
- Psycho-temporal Contraction – Increases target's action points by 15 and movement points by 30. Lasts 2 turns.
- Temporary Rewind – Reverses the last damage done to the target, up to certain amount depending on the skill level. After two turns this health is lost and this may cause the target to die.
- Precognition – While this ability is active, your chance to dodge and evade attacks is increased by certain percentage depending on skill level (additively). Drains 25 psi points every turn.
- Stasis – Places the target in stasis for 2 turns, making it immune to all damage and most disabling effects, but also preventing it from acting. While in stasis, the target's status effects will not progress (except the stasis one), but the cooldowns will.
Pretty loopy stuff. I think this update might satisfy some of the people who were upset about the last one.